Questions regarding the 5 & 1 plan

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

we're in the same boat ladies!

Postby lalamode26 » February 18th, 2005, 8:33 am

Hi Kelly & Scrabbler!

I too are around your weight goal! I 'm trying to just reach my near goal, then I change it again. Before you know it, you will feel like MF is unreal because with all the things that MF lets you do, the only thing you're losing is weight!

This forum keeps you in check(it keeps me in check!), and my husband is supportive,too! You can't help but visit here to spread the love!
Good luck on you goals- what are you heights by the way? I'm at 5'3" and most of my weight is in my buttox, and thighs, and before you know it, you will be losing more than you'd ever imagine! It's important to stay positive! We're all in this together!

I also do the 5 +1 lean meal Just keep on trucking ladies, I got stuck at 10 lbs initially. I feel that I'm fairly going slow compared to some others, but the point is that you're losing weight ladies, we have to remind ourselves. If I'm still hungry, I grab a shake or a bouillon soup w/ two bread & butter pickles for 2 of them can be 30 cal. it' like free food!

And I'm sure I'm, not the only one who has been exhausted with fad diets, but I tried SBD (south beach)which was the last I tried, it gave you mood swings, which MF never gave me! I lost weight (15LBS) but I was putting my hubby through hell with my bad attitude!

Keep us posted on your journey!

Lala

Keep drinking your water~!!!

started 01/12/05
174/158/140
lalamode26
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » February 18th, 2005, 2:02 pm

Hi everyone! This thread seems to have a lot of us who started under 200! I started at 176 and currently have a goal of 150 and then evaluate how I look and feel. I am 5'4" and medium boned. When I get into the 130's and 140's I feel weak and many people say I look too skinny. I have a lot of really good muscle tone. The other thing is that I am consulting a plastic surgeon about a tummy tuck and she thinks 150 is a good weight for me to start at. Anyway, I will get there and re-eval!

Today - Day 12 - I have lost 9.5 lbs! I am now at 166.5. I am constantly surprised when I get on that scale. I don't know why! I keep thinking it will not have moved, or maybe not much, but goodness, every time I am pleasantly surprised!

I also ordered some Divinci syrup (peanut butter and carmel!!!) and can't wait until they get here!

On a different note, even after 9.5 lbs I am not noticing much difference in my clothes. They still feel the same. It's weird as I would think some things would be getting loose! I am trying not to be bummed bec. I feel like I see the difference in the mirror. Oh well. Maybe next week! Anyone else have this same experience?

And finally, anyone have tips on the hot choc? I was SO looking forward to trying it alst night and even after my hubby put it through the blender (it was so clumpy) the taste was still yucky! I am going to try the syrups when they get here but was wondering on everyone else's thoughts. I've seen the Lean Cuisine site which has some syrup recommendations too.

Ok, enough rambling. Need to go shake meal 4 of the day!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » February 18th, 2005, 4:35 pm

Hi Lala - thanks for the words of encouragement. I started at 178 (very close to you Donna) and want to get to 135 -- for now. You asked how tall I am -- well --- I don't tell most people my real height -- but what the heck; we are among friends I'm 4' 10 and 3/4.

I've been up and down yo-yo dieting my entire adult life -- I've been as high as 200 (probably higher but I stopped getting on the scale) and lost a good bit through other programs. Most recently I was down to about 143 around 2 years ago and gained back to about 155. I held there for probably close to a year with a big BUT (not big butt :lol: )-- I was smoking then. :smoke: Around 8 months ago, I made the decision to quit smoking. It was a very big decision for me because I KNEW that smoking was what was keeping my weight under control. So I made the concious decision that if I was going to quit smoking - I was going to have to accept that I was going to gain weight. I did accept and I did gain weight. Back up to 178 7 months later.

But at that point, I had a good hold on the smoking -- knew I wasn't going to cave and go back to it (not that it's not difficult every single day) and then began the tackle on my weight.

I kept coming here to the forum off and on for 2 weeks and finally made the decision to go to MF. I made that decision mainly because of all the folks here in this forum and of course Nancy.

And it's working! I've never felt so in control of my eating as I do on MF. And last nite, my husband sat down next to me and said "you are doing a really good job hun ... I'm so proud of you" and being the well-trained husband that he is - he followed that statement with "not that I don't love you whatever size you are" hehehe

So I don't think I've ever given everyone my full background - but that's most of it. Sorry to have rambled on -- but that felt pretty darn good.

Oh - all that and I forgot to answer your questions -- geez sorry

Donna - WOW - EXCELLENT on the 9.5 pound weight loss! In 12 days - geez - that's just incredible!!! Don't worry about feeling different in your clothes - it's going to happen soon enough. For me; I felt my clothes getting looser even though the scale wasn't going down much. So I knew I was making progress. Pretty soon you will be telling us all how you are down a size.

As for the hot cocoa - I LOVE IT. Funny you should mention it - because I am still at work and was thinking that I was going to make my oatmeal cookies for dinner and might even have the MF Hot cocoa with it. Not really supposed to have 2 supps together; but I;ll be getting home late tonite so it doesn't hurt every now and again.

I don't have any problems with lumpi-ness. In the hot cocoa that is :roflmao: I heat up some water until right before it's boiling - then I add it to my hot cocoa packet with 1 packet of splenda. I stir and stir and stir -- then sip and enjoy. I love to have it as my last supp of the day right before I go to bed. soooo yummy. Now you have me craving my cookies and cocoa. (Geez I sound like i'm 8 instead of 38!)

Okay - I'll stop now -- thanks for listening to chatty ole Scrabbler today!
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » February 18th, 2005, 5:55 pm

Hi Scrabbler! Thanks for giving us all the background! I love to hear other people's stories. Makes you all seem so real!

And real quick - we're heading off to a movie - maybe I'll try the splenda in my hot choc! Good trick. Might sweeten the taste for me! Thanks!

Have a good night everyone and we'll "see" you at the Sun. weigh in if not before!
Donna :-P
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » February 19th, 2005, 2:27 pm

Donna ~

The Hot Cocoa does take a it of stirring to get it whipped into shape...I always put cold water into a mug, add the packet of Cocoa and stir like cwazy until it is well-blended and smooth. THEN I nuke it for 1 minute, stir again and re-nuke for about a minute more. Ahhh...chocolate heaven...sometimes I even add a teaspoon of instant decaf coffee!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Nancy » February 19th, 2005, 2:29 pm

Hey, Scrabbler ~

Good for you for giving up those Nicotine Bon Bons! Yeah, YOU!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Marseilles » February 20th, 2005, 9:17 am

I, too, am a huge fan of the hot cocoa...mmmmm!!

For me, I have found that the very best way to prepare it is to mix the powder with a couple of tablespoons of cold water...or even an inch or so in the bottom of a good sized mug and stir it as much as possible. I find I can pretty much get all the lumpies out at this point. I then bring water to a full boil in my trusty electric kettle and add boiling water slowly, while stirring vigorously, to the cold water mix already in the cup.

Voila, silky smooth hot cocoa..yum!

I have never really found the need to add splenda to my cocoa and generally add more than the requisite 8 ounces of water, but of course that is a personal taste thing.

Another way I have prepared the hot cocoa and the cocoa with marshmallows is to do it as a cold shake, lots and lots of ice in the blender, with a splash of almond extract..it is SO remarkably like rocky road ice cream that it feels like a total cheat!

good luck to you!!
-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » February 20th, 2005, 10:09 am

Great idea!

I love almond extract in just about everything - even the oatmeal and of course in anything chocolate - it is really good added to the Chocolate Puddin' - hmm..haven't tried it added to the Bananner yet...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

great job scrabbler!

Postby lalamode26 » February 21st, 2005, 9:03 am

Hey Scrabbler!

We're all in the same boat, and support, support, and more support is important here!

I'm so proud of you about the smoking. I used to smoke as well, and I feel that's where I started gaining my weight. I was a nice size 6- 8 in 98, and before medifast went up to size 12, and even some clothing in a 14. Now all my size 12 and 14 clothing is lose, and doesn't bulk up anymore! My jeans are so lose I can slip my jeans off without unbuckling my pants! My husband thinks that's awesome! I'm a bit shy about revealing all this as well, but hey, that is the only way we'll all get over it, right?

I don't want to go shopping yet because I am determined to lose way more weight! Just trying to get into my old clothing! I do have the smallest size 10 jeans in my closet which monitors my weightloss, and I try these every week. I defintaley can feel the tightness go away slowly but surely. I suggest if you can't see the difference on the scale, try an old blouse, or dress. You will surely FEEL the progress!!

We're are continuing to lose weight and that is where the ONLY GAINING is going to happen!

Good luck! :lol:
lala

started 01/12/05
174/155/140
lalamode26
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » February 21st, 2005, 10:24 am

La La ~

Good idea about using a pair of jeans to monitor your weight loss. Usually a pair of jeans is a super clothing item to use once a person reaches maintenance - most jeans don't stretch much and when they get tight - it's time to shake it up!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby monkeymom » February 21st, 2005, 12:11 pm

I have no problem with lumps in my hot chocolate at all. I warm up the water in the mug I'm going to use, and add my packet slowly while mixing it with a mini wire whisk. Works beautifully.
Also, for flavor, I use a splash of DaVinci's "B-52" syrup......yummmmy.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.