5 & 1 PLAN

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby Dean0408 » March 24th, 2005, 4:19 pm

This thread has been very informative......Thanks Nancy and all
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » March 24th, 2005, 4:22 pm

It is always best to allow your doctor to determine how often and for how long to continue to monitor their patient's weight loss program.

My doctor was totally unfamiliar with Medifast and really not willing to study or to read much about it. I have continued to supply her with information and she looks forward to watching my lab work, my weight maintenance and she is totally impressed.

It is very important to follow the guidelines and to become familiar with the products and the program. It is important to not make shortcuts because when we do, we are truly shortcutting our health.

If we do not get enough food, yes, our weight loss can slow down. That's why I suggested she have another packet. Exercise can also create a stall - if a person is on the complete program, and they exercise, they need more packets. Exercise can wait. There is a lot of time for it once a person reaches a healthy weight.

There are sometimes other factors that affect weight loss, too - people with thyroid disease or who take medications for thyroid, diabetes, anti-depressants and people who have yo-yo dieting pasts can be metabolically resistant.
Last edited by Nancy on March 24th, 2005, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 24th, 2005, 6:30 pm

Donna....your a sweetheart... :hug: ...as I was reading your post I was so excited cause I thought the same thing...and there you come along and think of me...I appreciate that..xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo...and ...IF we get a 7th supplement...wow ...another glorious moment!!!!....and I too do the complete for personal reasons.......I DON"T WANT TO DEAL WITH FOOD RIGHT NOW....pre packaged= EASY AS CAN BE...THAT"S FOR ME

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Kauket » March 24th, 2005, 6:32 pm

That's really awesome :) I haven't really been feeling the hungers, but I don't have a scale and it's hard for me to judge how much is what. (I try to do the fist thing, but it's still just a guestimate.) mmm What extra packet should I have tonight to celebrate? :)
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby bk » March 24th, 2005, 8:00 pm

24KaratGold wrote:
Dean0408 wrote:Are we talking pre-cooked weight regarding the "lean"? I may switch to the 5 and 1 because I am definately getting less than the recommended 800 calories on the full plan and I do exercise (half what I used too), so I think I could handle the extra calories.
The Medifast official site says
Meats and vegetables should be measured or weighed with a food scale or measuring cup before cooking and consuming.
(Emphasis added.)

24k, you are such a lawyer!!!!!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » March 24th, 2005, 8:19 pm

LOL! Always gotta provide a citation!

ETA, and looking at it again, I realize it wasn't that, it was the "emphasis added." Ah well, guilty as charged. ROFL
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Previous

Return to Weight Loss