Dentist & Medifast & various successes!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Dentist & Medifast & various successes!

Postby bk » February 10th, 2005, 2:46 pm

Hey you all - just a heads up, if you are heading to the dentist while on Medifast, you might like to know that while you are liquid dieting, Novocaine can have new and unusual effects, like making you light-headed and COLD!

Of course, Medifast also has the new & unusual effect of making you actually FIT into the dentist's chair!!! I'll take the trade-off!

Afterwards, I powered up with my RTD (so grateful for the little straw, because 4 hours after the shots, my face is still numb) and went on my errands.

Grocery store: diet coke, claussen minis (I swear, the little pickles taste better).

Target: new water bottle for new job (jumbo 32 oz size), new panties (ladies, just spend the five bucks on a new pack of underwear - droopy drawers just ain't attractive! it's so worth it), new hair wax (my stylist on Tuesday was just flabbergasted at how great I'm looking - and he's known me for at least six years), more TP (geez, my consumption has really increased over the past month!!).

And a trip to the clearance racks got me a hanes premium sweatshirt in a heathered hot pink, size XL, $4.54 (!!!!) to wear later.

EXCEPT I'M WEARING IT RIGHT NOW! I'm so excited! It's not hugely baggy, but it looks great and I feel great (and warm and cozy too)! Down 19.5 in 4 weeks, and #20 will come any day now.

And wouldn't ya know, I carried all my crap up to the third floor without huffing & puffing the whole way up. Including the canned cat food (my little sweetie used to be fat, but she got sick several years ago and now she's always a pound or so underweight - I feed her as much as possible, but I think she really misses eating *my* food!).

I want to thank all of you for your support (even if you haven't written me directly, I get a lot out of just reading the boards - I know I don't post a whole lot). I am starting to really visualize my future success and I just can't wait for the months to roll by and the pounds to slip off.

Happy shaking everyone!

bk
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby cthrn007 » February 10th, 2005, 2:52 pm

That was a wonderful read bk...

So happy for you that you are changing you lifestyle for the healthier new you (and your kitty too)!! :-P

Keep up the great work and please keep us all in the loop regarding your successes - I get motivated just reading them too!!

~Catherine
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby explorthis » February 10th, 2005, 3:19 pm

new hair wax

Outstanding read....

But - what exactly is "hair wax" ??

Do I dare want/need to know? I mean, I am 43, and fairly astute, and believe it or not, pretty smart, however... hair wax?

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby cthrn007 » February 10th, 2005, 3:43 pm

:lol:

uh-oh! Maybe that would be a hair removal process??? (somewhat close to a MidEvil torture process)

that is soooo funny!!
~C
Last edited by cthrn007 on February 10th, 2005, 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cthrn007

Postby bk » February 10th, 2005, 3:48 pm

Thanks Catherine! Fortunately I have friends over enough that usually have some treats to give her. I think she's been jonesing for some ramen noodles though (her favorite. seriously).

Hair wax for on top of your head, Michael. Alternatively referred to as putty or goo (depending on the formulation). It is a styling aid. Helps define/hold/texturize hair. It is not like wax for waxin your legs! Usually people with shorter hair use it. My hair is about 4-5" all over and I use it to make flip/curl out. Does that make sense yet? I think people of the masculine persuasion may call it pomade. Like the stuff George Clooney is nuts about in O Brother Where Art Thou? But it doesn't make your hair slick.

Oh my, do I need to edit my post? (I see now that Catherine thinks the tortureful waxing process too). Hair Wax for On Top of Your Head!

bk
Last edited by bk on February 10th, 2005, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bk

Postby cthrn007 » February 10th, 2005, 3:49 pm

yeah... or that! :lol:
cthrn007

Postby Unca_Tim » February 10th, 2005, 5:35 pm

I wanna see Mikey waxed up....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby MamaD » February 10th, 2005, 5:46 pm

MIke
Hair wax is for those wilder than normal days when you want to spike up your hair to go with your flame throwing clothes~~~

CC
MamaD
Trusted Member

Postby explorthis » February 11th, 2005, 10:27 am

Wax-on, Wax-off?

I thought this was just "gel" Did I miss the boat? I use gel every monrning on my doo, spike, slick, dippity-doo, of whatever....

What ever happened to "bryl-cream" (sp?) A little dab 'll do ya?

Personally, MIKE-DOES-NOT-WAX-ANYTHING-PERIOD!
explorthis

Postby Unca_Tim » February 11th, 2005, 11:27 am

I remember "butch-wax" as a kid.

Maybe it's something like that?
:kool:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby explorthis » February 11th, 2005, 11:34 am

Wasn't that for your Surf Board, like Mr. Zogg's ???
explorthis

Postby scrabbler7 » February 11th, 2005, 4:16 pm

oh my gosh ---

pretty soon they are gonna talk about cars ... quick girls, someone tell me a shopping story ... I feel a snooze coming on ..... :snooze:
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 12th, 2005, 11:10 am

I used to wax my "Vickie" with turtle wax.
:redprowl:

Ask and ye shall receive scrabbler...

....and by the way....WAKE UP!
:snooze:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby cplantho » February 12th, 2005, 12:01 pm

Oh my gosh, your....ahem....."Vickie"??????? And here I thought this was a family friendly place. :shock:
Christy
301/273.2/199

Started Jan. 24, 2005
cplantho
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby bk » February 12th, 2005, 12:08 pm

maybe he meant his crown vic?

and here i thought i was telling a nice little story about my week! i am happy to say that my face is no longer numb. :lol: unfortunately i have no more shopping stories to combat the car talk. in fact, the area of town i was in yesterday was so bereft of regular shopping venues, i couldn't even find a diet coke. i had to buy a diet pepsi. how sad! but if i wanted to buy some hermes or la perla, well then, i was good to go. silly & ridiculous!

maybe if we just start talking about waxing off men's back hair, they will stop! rrrrrrrip!
bk

Return to The Weight Room