Questions About Coffee on Medifast

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Questions About Coffee on Medifast

Postby bomoni727 » May 1st, 2005, 5:52 pm

Is is allowed to have coffee? If so, what kind of cream is allowed in it? I think one of the hardest things I will face is coffee. I am a person who MUST have at least one cup of coffee each and every day. It is a pleasure that I will have trouble giving up. I like to have the International Delight low carb cream in my coffee. Can you guys please instruct me on this one. Thanks a lot.
~I will have a chance because I will give myself a chance.~

bomoni727

Postby Jan » May 1st, 2005, 6:04 pm

Hi Bomoni, Yup I must make my daily tgrip to Starbucks -- for tea!! My husband is the coffee drinker-- you CAN have coffee with a little skim milk or a little half and half ( not a half a cup of half and half) I'm not sure about the creamer -- even the low or no fat ones sometimes have a lot of carbs so check on that. Half and Half and splenda works great!!
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Mommy2girls » May 4th, 2005, 3:39 pm

Jan I just wanted you to know that you inspired me to drop my Coffee Mate habit. DH and I love the cinammon vanilla creamer and I've always used it generously. If I added enough cream, then who needs sugar right? Yeah, right except that cream has a bunch of stuff in it that I don't need!

I bought half & half today and I'm going to cut WAY down on my portion (already started using Splenda) but I'm going to really work at this habit, because it isn't any good for me.

Also at Easter dinner, someone asked for cream and my mom held up the Coffee Mate stuff and they guy says "that isn't cream, it's chemicals" :shock:

Yeah, no more for me! Anyway, you didn't know it but you inspired me!

THANKS!
Sheila
3 week = -13lbs
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Coffee and Coffee mate

Postby Jan » May 4th, 2005, 6:49 pm

Hi Sheila -- I understand the coffe-mate habit. You know I said I am a tea drinker -- that's because lately --until about 4 months ago-- my recipe for coffee was: pour a cup 1/2 full with coffee mate (Hazelnut, vanilla or cinnamon) then add 1/2 coffee and enjoy. My daughter asked me why I didn't just heat up the coffe mate in the microwave and drink it :cry: When I thought about it I couldn't believe all the calories I was drinking between meals!! Of course it said "non-fat" so I was being "good" little did I think about all the sugar they add!! Glad I inspired you -- we all learn from each other-- jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.