coffee.. again

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

coffee.. again

Postby KellyC » July 28th, 2008, 11:58 am

Has anyone tried using MF shakes instead of creamer in thier coffee?

i don't like the carbs in creamers (plus i like alot of creamer/milk in my coffee)

i was thinking of trying the vanilla shake powders as a sort of substitute for creamer, but i never tried heating up any of the shakes and i'm a little wary of ending up with the soy clumpies that show up in MF capp.
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » July 28th, 2008, 12:05 pm

Absolutely Kelly (good to see ya by the way). I use the hot cocoa in coffee all the time.

Di uses the vanilla, banana, and chocolate shakes in coffee for her version of a latte. Definitely helps change things up.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby SharonR » July 28th, 2008, 4:09 pm

I use the hot chocolate in my coffee too. I pour the coffee in the cup first, then put the packet in the coffee and use a wire wisk and wisk it to death...LOL...no clumpies that way.

I don't care for the taste of the shakes it though, but I know others who do. I guess you just have to try them and see what you think!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby rodeomom » July 28th, 2008, 7:11 pm

Like Di, I have used about every flavor of shake in my coffee. They make a great alternative to creamer. In fact, I think they are better than some fancy coffee house coffees out there. My fav is the capuccino
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » July 28th, 2008, 7:30 pm

SharonR wrote:I pour the coffee in the cup first, then put the packet in the coffee and use a wire wisk and wisk it to death...LOL...no clumpies that way.

I never get any clumpy's with the mini mixer... and its done in 5-10 seconds.

Its the Vitaminder Mini Mixer. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » August 1st, 2008, 11:05 am

I get lumps ALL THE TIME even with the mixer thingy!!! But usually I'm at work and under time constraints, distracted, not aware that a few tablespoons worth of mix is stuck to the side of the cup instead of getting mixed up, etc. The worst is when a big ol' clump blocks the sippy hole. Then I open it to find geological samples floating in the bottom of my cup. I'll have the try a whisk and see if it makes a difference -- it might at least force me to slow down enough to pay attention.

I also like the puddings in my coffee, but they're higher in carbs than the shakes.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to Weight Loss