o

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby nickieluv » January 13th, 2009, 8:37 pm

I'm sorry I haven't been around. I've been wallowing. Boy can I relate to a hard day on plan. I can tell you, though, tomorrow you will feel great that you stayed on.

You and Shane are both doing so well. I know it's hard when you have a bad day or a bad week or even a bad month - but even with some ups and downs you are both enjoying some great benefits from all your hard work. You are going to be a hot and happy couple this time next year. Just think of the acrobatics next Valentine's Day.... (TMI but only imaginary TMI, not pus and blood, so that's OK, right?) :lol:

You know how women who are living together synch their cycles eventually? I wonder if it's the same with online communities. I know we're not in proximity for the hormones to take effect, but it seems like everybody around here is due within a week of each other. More TMI, but I'm due tomorrow, so it was on my mind.

Back on tomorrow and I'm just not going to worry about anything. I'll be like Scarlett O'Hara and save any unpleasant thoughts for tomorrow. Gladness and light and Jillian Michaels kicking my butt on DVD. I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to that. Or am I just looking forward to it being over? ;)
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » January 14th, 2009, 6:08 pm

Hi Leigh!!

You and hubby are doing a great job. I know some days are hard...but you guys are in it for the long haul. Keep up the good work.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » January 15th, 2009, 6:23 pm

Hi Leigh...I bet in a few days you will be pleasantly surprised with a nice drop. Just be patient...you are doing everything right...TOM just messes with us...both in weight and in hormones..LOL!! But I do hate that. Do you notice when we are not dealing with TOM...we are pretty level headed...well at least I hope we are...but when TOM is on it's way and for the first few days....we just look at things so irrationally. I am sure if you continue the way you are..by the time March comes...you will see your Onederland!! Keep up the good work...and continue to be our little cheerleader...I love your encouragement and enthusiasm.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby nickieluv » January 15th, 2009, 7:59 pm

It is so darn hard to stay on any diet when the scale isn't moving. That's when the real tests happen, when you're not getting that instant gratification that we all love. Hang in there, and hopefully next week will be nice one for you.

I'm all full of wisdom for everyone else. I'm like a little cliche-machine. Just put in some sugar and get great advice. :roll: :lol:
nickieluv

Postby holberry » January 17th, 2009, 2:54 pm

Wow! great going on the food and then your reward to fit into the 16's
That has got to feel great!!!
Here's to a great rest of your day in your skinny pants :D
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Tawanda » January 17th, 2009, 2:57 pm

Congratulations on the smaller pants fitting!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby vegasmedifast » January 18th, 2009, 11:59 am

Leigh -

I wanted to say hi real quick! I was SHOCKED at how much weight Shane put on after drinking...good for him for getting back on plan, but WOW - that is a wake up call! I have been tempted to have a beer or glass of wine once in a while but I know it's a no no, so I don't dare go near it. You guys are doing so great!

I am constantly hiking my pants up too - showing plumbers crack too often, I'm afraid.

I also wanted to comment on something that I had mentioned before and I forgot to mention in my own journal...

I complained how friends never commented, etc...on the weight loss. Well, I KNOW it's showing now - it's obvious. I saw a friend yesterday (we were shopping together) and she just kept looking me up and down, but not saying anything. She is a bit chunky and I started to consider, "Is she jealous?" I know that women can get jealous when others start to lose weight around them...well, she never said a thing to me but she kept looking, so I know I rock, LOL!

Just stole your journal for that comment, but I thought maybe some others could relate.

Congrats on moving forward - I know you will get through a slow week and move on to a great loss!!! TOM sucks.
vegasmedifast
Newbie - #30 Club

Postby Karli » January 19th, 2009, 9:39 am

wow, great news, Leigh ! What an inspiring post :)
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby nickieluv » January 19th, 2009, 8:55 pm

So I spent a few minutes searching for your journal but couldn't find it - because I was looking for "Leigh" and not your username! :lol:

I am so excited for you to reach onederland. Stay strong - those few pounds can take forever (or so it seems) while you're waiting for the '2' to disappear once and for all!! Of course I don't have to tell YOU to stay strong! You're amazing! My husband is like a pound away. Bastard. I say that, and I mean it - :mrgreen: - but I'm also happy for him. He's going to feel great when we go to Florida and I will live vicariously through him.

I'm up late again - caffeine - when will I learn? I hope the rest of your Monday went well (it felt all day like Tuesday to me - not sure what's up with that) and I hope Shane is hanging in there even though it must have been tough for him to not see any loss. Just going by what you've posted before about when he had slow weeks - maybe he's adjusted by now to the ups and downs? At least it might make him rethink his next buzz, right? :lol:

I'm going to attempt to go to bed - have a restful night and we'll see you in the morning - me with my sweaty fat rolls (see, I can type gross stuff too and I don't even need to use the word pus) and a MF cocoa, you with your slim size 16s and perhaps the same. :D
nickieluv

Postby Susie Q » January 20th, 2009, 4:51 pm

Hi, Leigh!

I hope your stomach issues have resolved. I've been having a few myself for a few days - - uhmm, lets just say I am having more than I would expect while doing MF :( I wonder if its the 5 bars a day I am having??

Anyway, good luck to your hubby getting the loss to kick in again. Men lose it so quickly that I'm sure he'll start shedding it again soon and we'll secretly wish for another stall for him :roflmao:

I hope you had a compliant MF day!!!

Susie :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby nickieluv » January 22nd, 2009, 3:53 am

I'm sorry your little ones were sick - and two trips in the same day? Our pediatrician is an hour away so that would kill us - I hope yours is closer at least! (I know it might seem silly to have a ped. so far away, but they are the best out there so I live with the drive. It's nice having girls born in the same month - I can schedule their well-child visits at the same time once the baby stops having them every three months. I'm so efficient, I even time pregnancies to save gas! :lol: )

So some people would believe that about me, so I should say that it was a coincidence that they were due on the exact same day three years apart. Weird but true.

Anyway - glad Shane is moving again, downward. I lost five pounds overnight - just amazing what compliance can do, huh? :roll: Still 4 pounds above ticker though. Sigh.

On the exercise - I think it's good for a lot of reasons to move slowly. First, you've been forced into inactivity for a long time. Second, MF is very low calorie and even though we feel all this great energy, you could be very weak at first. So 10 minutes sounds like a perfect start to be sure you don't hurt yourself or pass out or anything.

And lastly, the gum - makes sense that it might cause cravings for you, if diet soda also does, as they both have artificial sweetener. I save gum for dire emergencies. My husband chews it likes it's - well, candy. He's been sailing along so it doesn't seem to affect him. I got fruity gum since we can't have fruit - that and peach oatmeal help with any sweet cravings - which I shockingly don't get very much, probably because they have the new bars now and I have a lot of cocoa.

I hope you have a great day today - I'll be out of the house all evening from 4 until 9 so I'll miss rush hour around here (ironic grin) but I'll be thinking of you!
nickieluv

Postby DogMa » January 22nd, 2009, 10:48 am

Hey, Leigh, just checking in. Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Keeping up with two boards gets kinda hard, especially when I'm expected to do some actual work on occasion!

Glad your ankle's doing better, and definitely listen to your doc and go slow.

(And hi, Karli!!!!!)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Joy » January 22nd, 2009, 4:18 pm

Hi there,

I am just introducing myself, I am Joy.

I am on a restart to reach my goal.

I hope you do very well on MF.

regards,
joy
Joy
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Re: Thursday January 22, 2009

Postby Susie Q » January 22nd, 2009, 5:16 pm

origAUgirl wrote:Down to 212 today which felt nice. DARNIT...I wanna be under 210! Waiting is SOOO Hard... :x Actually, I am just being thankful. That's all I can do, right?

Actually, you can be thankful AND compliant and you'll soon be under 210!!! You obviously know how to do it - - but waiting stinks, doesn't it? That is a draw back to stepping on the scale every day. I have to though - - I can handle a slight gain or stall on a daily basis but if I saw one after a full week of not being on the scale I would freak, I know :) LOL Plus, not weighing daily and facing its verdict is partially how I ended up here.....

You will succeed! Soon we'll be celebrating your entry into onederland and 210 will be a distant memory!!

Sorry to hear the kiddies are sick! I hope they both recover quickly!

Susie :heart:
Wedding Goal Image
Stretch GoalImage
Susie Q

Postby Justsecretgirl » January 24th, 2009, 11:13 am

I've read through and have really enjoyed reading your journey so far! Today is day 1 for me and I'm ready to do this! Your very motivated!!!! :D
235.6/230.5/195
Justsecretgirl

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal