o

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DutchChoc » December 9th, 2008, 6:02 pm

OrigAUgirl, you are a natural at good conversational writing - it's like visiting with you in person. Nickieluv, too. Anyway, I just giggled about the bar at the hospital and how that resolve to have water was so strong in your little soul! You certainly tried and I doubt anyone would have done better.

Glad they found what ailed you in there and took it out. You are now Unbionic Girl, ready to recover!

Sorry you got sick, too, hate that!

Sounds like you did really well and now if it's just a matter of healing, you should be much improved. And then you can see if the hardware had any weight - maybe? There's always hope for that.

Keep it up. You bring us a lot of peace and happiness here.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » December 10th, 2008, 8:09 pm

You're doing a great job and so is Shane. Lots going on there for all of you right now so just take a big breath and think that next week things will probably be much more like normal. You've had a succession of things to deal with - so you deserve a break, by which I don't mean eating anything to mess yourself up, either, just a mental break and some peace.

I hope Shane will see signs of things moving again soon. Has to, really, it's just being able to hold things together and not decide the he88 with it and eat what one would like, at the moment.

Well, that's it for me for tonight. Keep healing and, I guess, heeling. darn if that's not a good one!
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » December 12th, 2008, 3:59 pm

My brother wears suspenders all the time. He says it's because he has a big belly and no butt, so it's the only way to keep his pants up. (And why DO guys always wear their pants BELOW their big belly and women usually pull 'em up over it? ... Speaking of dorks. LOL)
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DutchChoc » December 12th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Ha - could it be because we have to fit them over the belly and under the pendulous breasts! I'm going to make a good name for myself with my thinking.

Congrats on the great progress for you and Shane - funny about the suspenders. Buy new jeans, hehe. That oughta work. Such good news not to be stalled, but to be roaring ahead. Must be fun to do this together. Take care, guys.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby nickieluv » December 12th, 2008, 6:18 pm

Maybe it's the child-bearing thing - maternity pants are way up over the big belly so maybe it just seems like that's the way to do it. Plus, I can't see a woman being so cavalier about the possibility of her pants puddling at her ankles.... :lol:

I hope things do slow down for you soon, Leigh. I'm glad the hospital run helped your daughter, and she's on the road to a full recovery. It's also great for Shane that he lost some more - sounds like it happened in the nick of time!! Hope he has fun shopping for new pants while you're hobbling around the scale in the morning. :D
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » December 13th, 2008, 6:36 pm

Leigh: I am so glad the surgery was a success and that you are well on your way to healing. I can't believe he found that tumor. That must have been a big surprise. I find it funny that you were wanting your bar after surgery...yes there are times that you have to come off program But girl...you did great...and even lost weight with your swollen ankle and all. You go girl.

Wonderful news that your hubby is over his slump and is losing weight so fast. You guys will be elected the new poster children for MF. Your hubby just needs to now remember this hump and it's outcome in case it happens again.

I hope your daughter feels better soon. My niece had mono over the summer and it took a while to get her strength back. I hope she is back on her feet soon....you too...literally.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby smartipantz » December 14th, 2008, 10:23 am

Wow Leigh! I'm soooo glad that the surgery went well and you are on your way to recovery. How much physical torture...errrr physical therapy (that's what I used to call it) are you going to have go through? Sounds like the doctor did quite a bit of work but it really does sound like it had to be done.

It's AMAZING that you are losing weight during the first week after the surgery. I don't mean like I think you would be bad... but more due to the swelling. Swelling can amount to POUNDS! The good thing is once the swelling is down, even MORE POUNDS will drop! Awesome!

Guys on MF frustrate me. They lose soooooooooo much quicker than women! Teenagers too! Congrats to Shane.... sounds like the two of you are doing so good. Nice to have your hubby there to partner with you.

You take care hun! Get well QUICK!!

Hugs!

Keri
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » December 16th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Keep up the good work. You asked in my journal about your hubby's stall after three weeks. This is actually typical. Somewhere between week 3 and 5 there is a stall. Sometimes its a couple days to a couple weeks, but when the body is ready to let go of the fat again, it will. Just tell him to hang in there, stay on plan, get in the water.... and watch the fat just melt off.
Remember, you are getting healthier.. its not always about losing weight, its about improving health.
There may be days when you go up, others down.. but always healthier...

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » December 19th, 2008, 8:56 am

Glad to hear the ankle is doing well. And I wanna go to lunch with you guys (and leave right after, too!). :)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby SuzyQ66 » December 19th, 2008, 1:39 pm

Good job on mapping out what you already will be having for lunch. You are doing such a wonderful job. 23 pounds already gone...WOW!!! :D
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » December 19th, 2008, 2:24 pm

I'm pretty sure I count as a Southerner, too, at this point. Y'all. :)
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby nickieluv » December 20th, 2008, 6:37 am

I doubt I would have had the presence of mind to throw the candy out the window, either - when you have a mess in your hands and it's edible, the first mommy-response is to put it in your mouth. At least it is in my house. :lol:

I think you're doing awesome and I hope today you don't have a lot of cravings because of the candy. Just remember that one bite won't put those 23 pounds back on - don't be like me and let one bite convince you a hundred more are harmless, too. :roll: :oops:
nickieluv

Postby nickieluv » December 21st, 2008, 8:53 pm

I hope you have luck thinking of a new routine for Fridays. I think it's wonderful that you manage to get out so much together. Dates around my house are few and far between - we're talking maybe once or twice a YEAR. We always talk about how we need to make time for us as a couple a priority, but it never seems to happen. I'd like to try to have one night on our Disney vacation to ourselves - ask big brother to watch his little sister while we go back to one of the parks or hang out and talk by the pool or just walk around outside for a bit. I know once the kids are older it will get a little bit easier to 'get away' from them once in a while - but right now it pains me to spend time away from them. I feel like a bad mother when I do it, even though I know I'm being a good wife by taking time to pay attention to my husband.

You and Shane are really doing great. My husband said he *might* consider doing MF for a little while just to jumpstart things for him, since the low carb deal isn't working at all lately. I wish wish wish he would do it 100%. He could lose all his weight in two or three months and it would just be so nice to have company like you do. Although where I'd get the money to buy MF for both of us I don't know....
nickieluv

Postby nickieluv » December 22nd, 2008, 6:06 pm

I remember those 'childless weekends.' My oldest son is my step, actually - my husband was married before. And before we had kids, every other weekend was a childless weekend and my husband did enjoy them. I don't know how he could stand to spend that time away from his son, now that I have kids, but since life is what it is, and he had to be away from him anyway, I can see how he could come to enjoy the time on our own. We weren't big on going out - well, my husband was, but I prefer not to be seen in public of course - but it was nice to be alone and all romantic. ;) I look forward to some more times like that as the kids get older and can be left alone. But that's so many years away it's best not to think about it.

I'll let you in on my day in my journal. It was what it was....
nickieluv

Postby nickieluv » December 27th, 2008, 9:37 am

Well you can breathe a sigh of relief having made it through Christmas, right? I hope you both dropped some more weight today. :D And I hope the torture wasn't too awful. But at least you know it's getting you in shape for more torturous exercise that you inflict upon yourself. I'm starting my own little exercise spa (trying to make it seem positive) next Monday when my husband goes back to work - we agreed to get up early every day and do something, even if it's not the same thing. He leaves for work at 6, so it looks like I'll be getting up at 5 every day to work out, have a supplement, shower, and then maybe get back to bed for a while before the girls wake up. I don't know if going back to sleep after exercising negates the whole thing or not, but it's the only time in my day that I know I will stick with it.

Well, enough about me - back to your journal now. :oops:
nickieluv

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal