o

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby vegasmedifast » December 28th, 2008, 11:45 pm

It IS easier to diet at home, isn't it? I don't plan to travel anywhere until I am more into my weight loss. When we go visit my parents in AZ, they always want to eat out. I don't think my mom has cooked a meal in 20 years.

Phil's parents are actually easier to work with. His mom is my health coach - his parents lost so much weight on medifast. His dad is a retired physician and touts this program like crazy. His parents actually sell Take Shape for Life full time and make quite a living on it. When I get to goal weight, I plan to try it as a business too.

I just read your posts about Christmas and it must be so hard. Thanksgiving was easy for me since I wasn't on Medifast yet. LOL.

It amazes me how much we make food the focus of everything! I cannot tell you how many times I would get into a good mood if we were ordering pizza for dinner or had ice cream in the fridge...I looked foward to outings if they involved dining out.

One of my biggest struggles with this program is not being able to "look foward" to food throughout the day. I've been forced to find other things to entertain me and to keep me busy. Funny how that works. But I can imagine that Christmas was quite a challenge - I'm so glad that you have family support.
vegasmedifast
Newbie - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » December 30th, 2008, 8:42 am

I think you should skip it ... and send ME instead!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby CaribGirl » December 30th, 2008, 12:48 pm

I agree. Hot and Hot will still be there when you reach goal.....
And I've had New Year's there and its not as good as a regular meal there. I think they cook too much for too many on that night..
I would not go off plan for that. I'd stay home and eat healthy and have a small glass of champagne if you feel the need to celebrate. You will be much happier with yourself!!
CaribGirl
Trusted Member

Postby nickieluv » December 30th, 2008, 1:47 pm

My official advice as one who has had so many struggles is to embrace the fact that you are so firmly on plan and skip the event this year. Look at my track record lately and that might scare you straight.

But only you can make the decision and if you know that you need this to happen, then go ahead and do it. Just know what you're getting into - it will be hard once again to get back on plan - and in my experience each restart is harder than the last, not easier.

Sorry to be a bummer but I don't want to see you end up where I am right now.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » December 30th, 2008, 2:51 pm

Texas isn't far, and we're closing our office early tomorrow. And we're about five minutes from Love Field, 20 minutes from DFW. :)

I wouldn't even need a pet sitter. I could just fly back home afterward.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby vegasmedifast » December 30th, 2008, 8:15 pm

Hi Leigh,

My advice (from experience) is DON'T DO IT. As an adult, you can do what you want and if you think you can get up on January 1 and be right on plan, then you are stronger than me :)

In 2007, on my birthday, I had been on Medifast for 3 months and had lost 50 pounds. I was craving sushi and my husband and I decided to go out for some. I posted my intent on this board and asked for feedback. I got 6 resounding NO's!! I should have listened.

We went for sushi and I vowed to start the next day. And the next. And the next. 60 pounds and almost 2 years later - HERE I AM AGAIN. It took me so long to restart and so much depression and shame to get me back on board.

So that is my story. Birthdays, holidays, come and go...there is always an occassion to eat. But we only get ONE life.

I hope this helped. I just want my past failure to be your success.
vegasmedifast
Newbie - #30 Club

Postby Tawanda » December 31st, 2008, 7:43 am

I first thought "this is a slippery slope that she is heading towards".

A special meal/occasion is often the tripping spot for so many. I know it doesn't seem like one meal could mess or trip up things badly---but it has for so many.

I hope that if you do decide to go off program, for this special meal, that you and your husband, will have no problems getting back on program.

Personally, I suggest against doing it since I've seen it trip people up many, many times.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » December 31st, 2008, 9:17 am

Lamb is frequently a bit high in fat (just like beef, it depends on the cut), but I ate the leaner cuts regularly while I was on plan. I LOVE lamb.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby vegasmedifast » December 31st, 2008, 10:56 am

220! You are almost in the 2 teens! I cannot wait to get down there! Congrats! You will have fun tonight and it seems like you have a great plan of action. Have a very happy new year!
vegasmedifast
Newbie - #30 Club

Postby nickieluv » December 31st, 2008, 11:12 pm

Happy New Year! I hope you had a great time out tonight.
nickieluv

Postby katieb920 » January 1st, 2009, 5:17 pm

Hey girl. Sounds like you had a blast. I think it is great that your husband is on this journey with you. I hope you and your family have a great 2009
Katie
katieb920

Postby vegasmedifast » January 1st, 2009, 8:50 pm

Happy New Year Leigh! Nice job last night. So glad you guys had a good time! Sounds wonderful. Keep us posted on that 21X! Can't wait for you to hit it!
vegasmedifast
Newbie - #30 Club

Postby katieb920 » January 2nd, 2009, 5:39 pm

Leigh hit the teens. Leigh hit the teens. YEAH YOU GO GIRL. And while your sick. YOur rocking it. You are so in the zone. Congrats.
Katie
katieb920

Postby nickieluv » January 2nd, 2009, 7:35 pm

Now multiply that feeling by about a hundred and you'll know how good it's going to feel when you get under 200 next month!!!! (or sooner, as great as you're doing!)

Sorry about the pain coming back, and the illness - seems like something always comes up when things are going well to give us a reality check. Or maybe that's just my pessimism talking. :lol:

Chomping at the bit for exercise still? Or have you been given the OK to start lightly and I forgot? Sorry if I did.
nickieluv

Postby nickieluv » January 3rd, 2009, 6:57 pm

Ugh - you sound like you're feeling awful!! I hope things are improving with the meds you were given and you can get some sleep tonight. Enough sleep really does wonders.

On the exercise - the great news is, when you're cleared for exercise, you'll be putting much less pressure on the ankle with all this weight gone.

I'm glad you had no troubles getting right back on plan. I am learning daily how much easier this is with a partner so I can understand why it was pretty simple to get right back on. Get some rest and feel better soon!
nickieluv

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal