o

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby nickieluv » January 4th, 2009, 3:21 pm

OK - so maybe God is just helping you get it all out of the way at once. So when you make it back to work, nothing will stand in your way. Gotta be positive, right? ;)
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby nickieluv » January 5th, 2009, 6:32 pm

I did not need the visual of bright red throat blisters, thanks a lot! :lol: But I felt sympathy pains for you just reading it. I can't imagine how you're eating or drinking anything at all, let alone staying on plan. I'd probably be eating ice cream by the tubful.
nickieluv

Postby nickieluv » January 6th, 2009, 3:56 am

You are evil. Pure evil.
nickieluv

Postby Lauren » January 6th, 2009, 7:29 am

Strep sucks. You, however, are kicking a**. Let me tell you, I have been through several events (being hit by a car, surgeries, etc.), and I know that if you can be laid up in bed for days/weeks on end, and still maintain the plan pretty closely and not gain real weight (as opposed to swelling), then you have truly achieved something great. You've looked a huge challenge square in the eyes and you've conquered it.

You should consider this an enormous triumph!

Oh, and sorry for the razor blades. No fun at all. But, since I am a twisted fool, and love disgusting visuals, I actually enjoyed the blister description, and was hoping you'd bring it home with some talk of puss?? Ha. (that was for you, Nickie!)

Cheers,

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby nickieluv » January 6th, 2009, 7:33 am

I just threw up in my mouth a little. I hate you all.

:lol:
nickieluv

Postby DogMa » January 6th, 2009, 11:15 am

origAUgirl wrote:OMyGosh! I'm laughing so hard.. ! Definitely a discussion of puss will be included next time. Good thinking Lauren! Maybe we should add a 'disgusting discussions' section on the boards? Then I can take pics of my leg scar and post those too! Darn, I hate I didn't take some of the earlier ones when they were taking the stitches out and stuff! All the peeling skin and stuff.....it was AWESOME! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Suggest it to Tim. I think it should just be called TMI.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lauren » January 6th, 2009, 2:03 pm

I would definitely participate in any discussion thread entitled TMI. I'm the queen of saying what shouldn't be said!

Lauren
Lauren

Postby nickieluv » January 7th, 2009, 4:12 am

I do the same thing - wander from subject to subject as things come up in my mind. It makes perfect sense to me but can be hard for others to follow. I don't think you have to stop doing it here - it's online, so if people don't want to listen they can click out of your journal or bookmark it for later when they have an hour to kill. Between you and I it can take 30 minutes just to read new posts around here! :lol: I for one like to read it. Plus it makes me feel less verbose. So please don't filter!
nickieluv

Postby DogMa » January 7th, 2009, 9:51 am

Ha. Not driving me crazy at all. I don't do it as much around here anymore, but look at my earlier journal posts. I ramble on forEVER. Mostly about myself and random other things. I think I must drive people crazy, too.

It's funny, because I'm really, really quiet with people I don't know. And then once I'm friends with someone, I think they must spend half their time wishing I'd just shut up.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby nickieluv » January 7th, 2009, 6:26 pm

Robin, you and I must be soul twins or something. I have one friend in the real world and people think I'm full of myself because it's hard for me to mix in with crowds and parties and things. It just takes me forever to feel comfortable enough with someone to be myself. And yet here I had no problems opening up (except of course I don't use names in my posts, but that's just me being hyper-paranoid of someone putting together bits and pieces from my posts and showing up at my door to steal my kids). I even had a pseudo-stalker in college. Then there's lots of other little things from your posts that I've been like 'wow, I totally get her!'

I suppose a lot of that is to be expected - pychologically, I bet the same kind of people are drawn to MF and also to an online form of support. But still.
nickieluv

Postby nickieluv » January 8th, 2009, 7:24 am

Hey Leigh - didn't hear from you yesterday. I hope you're recovering from the pus-filled white-centered bright red throat blisters. (I steeled myself for typing that just for you.) :lol:
nickieluv

Postby DogMa » January 8th, 2009, 8:55 am

nickieluv wrote:Robin, you and I must be soul twins or something. I have one friend in the real world and people think I'm full of myself because it's hard for me to mix in with crowds and parties and things. It just takes me forever to feel comfortable enough with someone to be myself. And yet here I had no problems opening up (except of course I don't use names in my posts, but that's just me being hyper-paranoid of someone putting together bits and pieces from my posts and showing up at my door to steal my kids). I even had a pseudo-stalker in college. Then there's lots of other little things from your posts that I've been like 'wow, I totally get her!'

I suppose a lot of that is to be expected - pychologically, I bet the same kind of people are drawn to MF and also to an online form of support. But still.

Hmm, separated at birth? But yeah, that's actually something I'm struggling with lately. I used to have just one or two close friends, and that was fine. But since I moved, I haven't really had that. I have my cousin in Denver, but we don't talk as much as we used to because our schedules are so different. Right now I have a couple of people to hang out with and do things with, but it's not the same.

[/hijack]
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby nickieluv » January 11th, 2009, 11:05 am

They are going nuts on the bar flavors. I keep watching the price on the old ones to see if they're going to clearance them out. Doesn't seem like there's much need for them now that the new bars are out, and it could be confusing to remember that you can only have one of the old kind if you're just starting now and are used to the new kind.

I hope shopping goes well today, Leigh. It was an interesting discussion over in my journal but it's depressed me today. My daughter had Froot Loops for breakfast today again and they made a sugary snack in Sunday School which she ate, but she's having an apple and chocolate milk now. But then, it's chocolate milk, not white - skim, though. Maybe I should take her back up to 2% or whole as a way to increase her calories. Some days I think I should just accept that I'm going to screw her up and get on with it. I don't know how my mom got us to adulthood without having a nervous breakdown!!
nickieluv

Postby nickieluv » January 11th, 2009, 11:23 am

She does love bananas - she goes in spurts, though, just like her mom. She'll want bananas every day for a few days, then she won't touch them.

When we buy milk this week I'll go back to 2%. It's just so funny, I went to skim because I thought that was best for her, and while we did go back to 2% for a while after that appointment where she hadn't gained anything, I only did that for a few months and then went back. 2% it shall be. And because of her kidney problem she has cranberry juice every day, too, and I don't limit it although I do try to get her to have both juice and milk in the same day. Her doctor said no more than 16oz of milk in a day for her, because it can interfere with absorption of certain vitamins and minerals. Oh, and she's iron deficient.

Isn't it funny how no matter what the doctor tells you, you feel like a bad mom? Or maybe that's just me. I'm sure the man could tell me I was the best mom in his practice and I'd still walk out of there thinking I'd messed up.

And now the little one is starting solids. A whole new baby for me to ruin.

I'm being pissy today. Sorry. I'll be better tomorrow, I promise.
nickieluv

Postby nickieluv » January 11th, 2009, 5:56 pm

You should be encouraged - that's awesome!!!!
nickieluv

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal