o

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DutchChoc » December 2nd, 2008, 7:40 pm

Yes, indeed, skinny summer. If we can keep going, we'll be in time for the March summer clothes they put out every year well before my body has been improved for summer, eh? I have so many summer things I can't wear I really can't justify buying much else, but would sure be nice looking somewhat toned and quasi-taut, if that could possibly happen for me, and yes, I know it can, just 'needs work.

Congratulations for another good day - be sure not to be discouraged tomorrow with the potential Advil reaction because what we never need is that kind of aggravation when we want a favorable scale reading. A day of disappointment is nothing compared to keeping on going and getting what you seek.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » December 3rd, 2008, 8:39 am

re: Advil, I thought I was the only one. I seem to retain water on almost all pain relievers.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby katieb920 » December 3rd, 2008, 9:44 am

Mabye you shouldn't push your self to exercise right now... You really should look to heal your ankle. How is your day Going?
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DutchChoc » December 3rd, 2008, 7:40 pm

OrigAUgirl, you're sounding so enthusiastic and happy today that it's contagious! All but the sore ankle, and hopefully you'll be on the mend after your appointment tomorrow. Sorry there's pain involved, but I can tell it isn't stopping you from having a good day. Good luck tomorrow and congratulations about feeling your jeans looser. Looking forward to us continuing to do well. And everyone here.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Justsecretgirl » December 4th, 2008, 8:45 pm

Your doing so good!
235.6/230.5/195
Justsecretgirl

Postby nickieluv » December 4th, 2008, 11:56 pm

What a relief for you to have an end in sight to the pain! Congratulations on the good news. Will you be able to walk around shortly after the surgery, or will you be in the hospital for a few days? Can you be right back to strenuous workouts after the six weeks or should you be doing something in the water maybe to reduce stress on the ankle?

Well, I'm sure the doctor will tell you all that. Just be sure that in your excitement to be back on the exercise wagon you don't overdo it and end up hurt again. Being 20 or 30 pounds lighter will certainly help, too!

If it weren't the middle of the night, I would have been laughing out loud at your comments in my journal. :lol: Thanks for the support - maybe MF will publish my idea and they can revive lots of old married couples. They can advertise on lots more websites in that case. :lol: :lol:

Catch you later - I had a farewell Mountain Dew over 4 hours ago and boy was that dumb. Caffeine sensitive person has a soda with probably the most sugar and caffeine that you can buy without a prescription! And late at night, too. If I can function in the morning I'll be here. (Just trying to load up that first weigh-in so I can lose big next week. OK, that is officially my last comment about the :shock: , I swear.)
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » December 5th, 2008, 8:51 am

I'm glad they think they can help you with a pretty simple procedure. It's still surgery, though, so be sure to take care of yourself and don't rush yourself back onto the plan too quickly. If you need more calories for a while, you can still eat sensibly. The plan will be there when it's safe for you to start.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » December 5th, 2008, 12:37 pm

Hi Leigh!! You are doing great on MF...keep up the good work.

Regarding your ankle...,my girlfriend broke her ankle like 1.5 years ago...she too has a plate in there. Doctor said that eventually it will need to come out, but did explain to her that if she ever experiences a lot of pain, it could be because the plate needs to come out. Your story just reminded me of her. I hope all turns out well for you...she still has the plate in.

Thanks for the recipe with the pizza bread. I am assuming that one pattie equals one supplement. Is that correct?

You will so love shopping for those new summer clothes...you go girl!!
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby katieb920 » December 6th, 2008, 8:20 am

Wow girl when it rains it pours.

But you are doing it. You are so in the zone. If all of that happened to me, I would of been at the pizzeria. LOL. So think that you have had 2 NSV's. I am so happy that you can laugh it off. I think you deserve a hot bubble bath.. Mabye that will take away some of the stress. I am so proud of you and shane. I think it is awesome that you are doing it together.

Well have a great day. One shake at a time.
Last edited by katieb920 on December 6th, 2008, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katie
katieb920

Postby nickieluv » December 6th, 2008, 8:37 am

On the subject of being a basket case about the truck - I don't know if anyone else can relate to this, but on MF I can get very emotional very quickly. In terms of my temper I become much calmer, but I can drop into tears at the slightest little thing. I'm a big sap anyway, but I also have read that losing weight quickly releases estrogen from the fat cells into your system, and that can increase PMS symptoms and in my case it seems to mimic the hormonal changes in pregnancy that make me weepy.

So don't know if that helps, but you're not crazy!

Congratulations on making it through the day on plan - I'm with Katie, with a day like that I probably would have missed a couple of meals and then been ravenous and eaten something off plan. Great job!
nickieluv

Postby DutchChoc » December 7th, 2008, 10:26 am

Well, I was away for a couple of days and am now caught up on all this stuff since you went to the doctor, OrigAUgirl - have a Great surgery tomorrow - the one that will fix your pain - and just keep up the really inspiring way you have of looking at life and the things going on in it.

I'm in awe that you can be so positive and fearless - I would not be as happy for a surgery, even if it could take 25 years off, likely, but I'm happy you're positive and appreciative about what can be done for you - and no doubt, you deserve good things just because you're so nice.

Will be looking for news on how you're doing.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby DutchChoc » December 7th, 2008, 8:43 pm

Good luck, again! I'm happy you had a play to go to and to be proud of your children in. LOL about the chrome but not red tape. After all, you taped down the moving parts and that's what counts. When you see it next, it will be back to normal, well, after tomorrow, when it will be too dark to see anyway. Good night.
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby CaribGirl » December 8th, 2008, 7:09 am

Good Luck today! You are in great hands with those doctors. I see one of the doctors there for frequent recurring stress fractures, and they are great.
Hope you are up and about soon!
CaribGirl
Trusted Member

Postby Tawanda » December 8th, 2008, 6:46 pm

I hope all went well!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby nickieluv » December 9th, 2008, 4:39 pm

I'm glad everything went well and they found the cause of your pain. Now you just have to heal and you'll be flying, right? Maybe you're already flying from the pain meds.... ;)

When you're talking surgery, I think it might be a bit foolhardy to think you can stick to plan completely. I'm glad you're not beating yourself up for needing something more. It was great to try as hard as you could, but I'm glad you gave in (or Shane made you give in, either way it's good!).

Thanks for reading up - I am doing better today and am feeling positive. Holding all my foody thoughts at bay until Sunday or Monday and then I'll go from there. Maybe when the weekend comes, I can hold them at bay for the next week, and just keep pushing the 'cheat date' back farther and farther! Mentally it just makes it easier to get through the craving if I tell myself I'll have it later on some concrete date. When that date comes, there's no reason I can't move it into the future and keep doing that indefinitely.

Speedy recovery - good luck with rehab tomorrow. Do they call it rehab? It doesn't sound right somehow. :lol:
nickieluv

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal