o

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Tawanda » February 6th, 2009, 8:07 pm

Congratulations on the 40# club!!!!

You are doing so well in keeping your focus and your goal foremost in your mind. Good for you! You have the power to continue this success all the way to your goal weight and in learning to maintain the loss forever!

You're doing awesome!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby nickieluv » February 7th, 2009, 1:53 pm

I don't suppose you get tired of hearing it - :D - you really are doing so well. And you don't even need anyone to tell you that. But I just want to say that it is a pleasure to have a couple here who are not about excuses and complaining and stalling (like, um, yours truly over here looking sheepish) and are instead all about progress and success and support. You are an asset to the forum and I'm glad you're here!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby katieb920 » February 8th, 2009, 7:25 am

Leigh,

You are only human. These things happen.. Look at what you have accomplished. I know that you are going to go right back on lto program. You and Shane are doing awesome.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Re: Sunday February 8 2009

Postby nickieluv » February 8th, 2009, 6:15 pm

origAUgirl wrote:I am going to be very careful not to get hungry today so I can stay in control.

That is definitely key. The first day back on plan after a minor slip-up is so crucial!! I know it went well for you - here comes onederland!!!!!!! (I always think oh-nee-der-land when I type that - remember that movie about the oh-nee-ders? :lol: )
nickieluv

Postby katesmom » February 9th, 2009, 4:56 am

Happy Monday Leigh !
I too had an "off-plan" moment when I had real eggs not MF eggs...I was in a tricky situation because I met a friend from out of town and she didn't kniw her way to our mall...Long story short of it, I met her at a location she knew. Then she suggested I ride with her, and park my car...Yes, you know what is next... I left my cooler with my mf grub in MY car ! Yes, my car was the one we left in the parking lot and I rode with her !!

Anyway, I had no supp's with me and my only survival idea was to eat "eggs" in a diner for lunch...(Eggs have no carbs !)

When I got back to my car, I had a shake and then two more last night...Guess what?? I am down another pound today !

It shows that if you get right back on plan with a MINOR slip, you'll be okay !! Sorry for the lengthy story !!

Hope you have a great day !! :)
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom

Postby katesmom » February 13th, 2009, 10:56 am

Hi Leigh !
I can't wait until I can RUN !! Good for you and your daughter ! Congrats !
I have not been able to post as life has been crazy hectic...All is good though !

Have a great weekend !

:)
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby katesmom » February 15th, 2009, 7:07 am

Hey Leigh !
Hope you had a fun dinner with your hubby and friends...My DH took my daughter and I out for dinner too ! I had steak,salad, and veggies !!

You are making great progress on your weight losses this week ! You are just about there..in the 100's !!! You can do it !

Have a great day ! :)
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby Lauren » February 18th, 2009, 12:12 pm

Hey, Leigh! Can I just say, I think that whole Shane/Clothing/Dinner thing was so freakin' romantic! It was like out of Pretty Woman, ya know, minus the whole prostitution thing. Ha.

I am so psyched for you on the running front. It must have been totally invigorating - running just does something mentally to me, and I think to most people (especially those of us who have or have had weight issues). It's like just the idea of being able to run gives confidence and some lift to the spirit - like "hey, I wouldn't be able to do that if I were fat" or something. Can't explain it, just feels to me that same weird thing I get from suddenly feeling cold, ya know, fat people don't usually feel cold, either! :-) All sounds really silly now that I write it, but I hope you know what I mean. I've always associated things, feelings, physical attributes, whatever to either the "thin people" group or the "fat people" group, and most of my experiences were in the latter, so anytime I can put something in the "thin people" grouping, I get really excited!

Anyway, I'm going to ignore the last part of your post about taking the bites of goodies, because it's your choice how to play the game. :-)

Cheers to you and Shane,

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Lauren » February 18th, 2009, 12:54 pm

Hey, Leigh! Got the PM, but considering how quiet it is here, thought it would be better to reply on the site, so some folks will consider coming out of the wood work and participate! :-)

I can tell from your posting history that you are going to handle that ankle thing perfectly, which in my opinion, means that you will be conservatively aggressive. Obviously you can't go all wild and start taking too many risks and running too hard, too fast, too long. But do whatever your PT says in terms of strengthening, walking on inclines, slowly increasing your pace and distance over time, that kind of thing. Bear in mind that even for runners who have not had injury, it's never recommended to increase your distance or speed dramatically over short periods of time, they always tell you to space it out. You'll do great, just respect the injury, and respect the sport!

Yes, you and Shane sound like an awesome couple, I love to see that!

And, while I totally agree that a very infrequent nibble of something delicious is not the reason any of us gained weight, I agree even more with your comment about how we can get loose with that, and suddenly it becomes very easy to go from a small bite of a delicious dessert to licking the spoon and taking the leftovers from your kids' plates kind of thing...it's amazing how quickly those of us with eating issues can make that leap, which is why I've generally stuck to the "just say no" philosophy while on the plan. But hey, seriously and sincerely, to each his own.

Enjoy!

Lauren
Lauren

Postby katesmom » February 18th, 2009, 8:25 pm

Hey Leigh !
How are ya?
I see that your almost in the 100's !!

I'm so psyched for you !! :D

Have your DH call my DH and give him some of his tips...He needs some suggestions in that area !! LOL !!

I have not been able to get on here in a few days..My daughte is off from school for the week and I have been crazy busy at work...

Glad to hear about no more "nibbles" of tasting...I tried that on my last trial of MF a year ago and it did me in...I learned the very hard way, not to start tasting...Believe me, it can lead to nothing but more weight !!!
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby katesmom » February 22nd, 2009, 8:27 am

Hi Leigh !
What's up?
Did you hop on a plane and join Nickie at Disney? Haven't seen you in awhile...Hope you're okay...

Have agreat day ! :)
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
katesmom

Postby vegasmedifast » February 25th, 2009, 9:49 am

Hi Leigh!

I've missed this board! I am trying to catch up on things and read your posts and other people who have been so kind.

I ditched MF for a while and thought I would try South Beach. I actually MISSED Medifast! So I'm back and I promise not to ditch again!

Congrats on renewing your vows and getting SO low! You've been doing amazing.

I am still at 225.4 this AM - I've been at a plateau for almost a month - but I didn't gain and I lose a bit here and there.

I added some soy coffee creamer to my coffee this AM, but other than that, I am 100% compliant and have been for 4 days now.

I want to see those 2-teens so badly now. Phil (my husband) has dropped from 265 to 204 so far - he is rollin! The only thing that SUCKS is that he totally weighs less than me!

Hey - if you are on Facebook - you should find me! My full name is Shari Schaeffer Hoffman.

That applies to anyone else on here too :)

Glad to be back and will talk to you all soon!
vegasmedifast
Newbie - #30 Club

Postby nickieluv » February 25th, 2009, 1:59 pm

Sitting and listening for two days - ugh. At least you have a computer with you - I have to settle for doodling when we have those kinds of days at work.

Wearing nice new clothes definitely helps with making good choices. The better you feel, the better you WANT to feel, and that keeps you going. Hope you're not having too awful a day in the meetings. Nice new pic, too, by the way. :D I'm in no hurry to post a new one until I weigh less than I do in the current one. :lol:
nickieluv

Postby nickieluv » February 26th, 2009, 12:51 pm

Thanks - doing well so far. Had my lean and green for lunch, so I'm sort of holding my breath to see if I'm going to be dying of hunger when dinner time comes or not. But I still have to eat three times so I should be good. Have fun in your meetings. :twisted:
nickieluv

Postby ChynnaDoll » February 26th, 2009, 10:01 pm

Hi'ya Leigh!!!..was'up girl! I see you are a BUSY lady these days :-P
Just stopped by to say hello, and to tell i FINALLY loss those 2 pounds..lol! I'm get'n there...just got'a keep on truck'n!
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal