o

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby katesmom » March 15th, 2009, 6:00 am

WOW !!! LEIGH IS IN THE 50 POUND CLUB !!

You are truly on the move girl !!

You must feel so proud of yourself and the benefits? Endless !!

CONGRATULATIONS LEIGH !!!!
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby katesmom » March 16th, 2009, 9:37 am

Hi Leigh,
So soory to hear that you're sick...That was me a couple of weeks ago...Please rest, feel better and we'll all be here, when you feel like posting ! :hug:
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom

Postby nickieluv » March 18th, 2009, 9:39 am

It's been a few days and I hope you're feeling better now. I love seeing that weight in the 100s on your signature - I'm sure you're loving it even more than I am! I could be there if only.... But instead of thinking that I'm thinking about how I can STILL be there in time. Thankfully you're here to inspire me.
nickieluv

Postby nickieluv » March 19th, 2009, 7:44 pm

Thankfully my husband doesn't have a job that requires travel. Sometimes he is out late at a meeting or something for one night and I wonder how single parents do it every day of the week. I hope Shane does well at the trial, and maybe you should have him pack a pair of pants in a smaller size just in case!

Hope you felt up to some exercise today - I know how you crave activity (or it seems you do, from your entries). Remember you're not up a couple of pounds of fat, just water most likely, and once you're off the pills and can be fully on plan you'll start up your losing ways again.

(Oh, and I already hated Shane for being a man and losing so quickly, but to keep losing through a stressful time when he's losing sleep and missing meals? Really, he's just cruisin' for a bruisin' if you ask me. :lol: )
nickieluv

Postby Stihl » March 21st, 2009, 10:08 am

Good luck fighting off that infection. It stinks when external factors set us back, but just power through and hopefully itll all be good on the other side.
Stihl
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Postby DiamondintheRough » March 22nd, 2009, 5:23 pm

You are doing so good, you deserve a big pat on the back! It's tough sometimes when you are sick you don't lose like you normally would. Hang in there and it will keep working though. I agree that eating the lean and green earlier in the day can make a difference. Hope you are feeling a lot better,
Jen
DiamondintheRough
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 23rd, 2009, 5:00 pm

origAUgirl wrote:Hey Chynna...love ya girl.. Hope you are good!!

LOVE'YA right back girl :-P
You ARE doing SO sooooo good with exercising and all..you must be feeling much better...i sure hope so my friend. Thanks for dropping over to see me. Keep up the good work...that number WILL drop:+))

Chyna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby nickieluv » March 24th, 2009, 12:58 pm

Not disappointed at all. Hope this doesn't sound harsh, but being disappointed would be your job, should you choose to accept it. We are all here to be supportive no matter what your circumstance.

I am so relieved that you were able to get right back on plan, though. That is so hard for me. I wouldn't recommend having a 'planned day' too often, but I'm glad it worked for you. Now, to be totally honest, you do need to find another way to deal with stress besides eating. But you know that so I will butt out. And I am not judging from over here, you know what I've done!! And I can't imagine being without my husband and having the kids all on my own for so long. I would have eaten too. I'm just saying, that if we want to maintain our weight loss, we have to have other strategies. I don't have any to suggest, just bringing it up.

I feel like I'm running the risk of pissing you off so I'm going to go. I mean well, and I hope you get that. :heart:
nickieluv

Postby oksoonergirl26 » March 24th, 2009, 4:11 pm

I think it helps to admit that you had a slip up day and it is inspiring to see that you got right back on track the next day. I have been reading your journal and I truly appreciate your faithful documentation of your weight loss on this program. It makes me very hopeful!
3/18/09
228/175/125
oksoonergirl26
Preferred Member - 70# Club

It's OK

Postby DiamondintheRough » March 24th, 2009, 7:07 pm

I am not disappointed, we are all in the same boat. I am glad that you were able to jump right back on the horse the next day. I have had two vacations this year already when I went on trips out of state and pretty much ate what I wanted and then the next day after getting back home I was right back on track. I have to admit that in the past I sometimes can't get back on track if I mess up. So it's a risk every time that you do it, be careful! Together we can do this!
Jen
DiamondintheRough
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby nickieluv » March 25th, 2009, 9:59 am

I guess I was projecting my habits on to you. If I had a planned off day, it would not be controlled or in any respect a good idea. I can understand the boredom, although thankfully I'm a boring person when it comes to food anyway so it doesn't bother me too much. :)

It sounds like your mind was in a different place than mine would have been in the same circumstances - and certainly you did a great job getting right back on. Robin says that she still believes food is meant to be enjoyed, not feared and avoided (or abused of course) - so we won't eat nothing but meat and veggies the rest of our lives and maybe these planned meals are good for you, learning how to incorporate real life into your desire to be healthy.

It did occur to me that when not dieting, a person could have a 'bad day' and just make up for it with good choices the rest of the week. MF seems to be very all-or-nothing though, at least for me, and honestly that's probably part of my problem because I'm too much of a perfectionist for my own good.

Well, I'm glad you're doing well and I hope Shane will be home soon. I do think he has a great mindset - out of product he likes but he found a substitute instead of just going crazy for a week. (Sensing a theme in my attitudes about being off plan? Either perfectly on or perfectly off, that's me!) You two are going to have a great year, doing this together, plus your vow renewal and committment to each other - you two really have it together!
nickieluv

Postby katieb920 » March 25th, 2009, 4:50 pm

Leigh,

You are such an inspiration to all of us. And dont forget that. You will accomplish this even if it is on a different plan. But Your in the zone. And oh by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ChynnaDoll » March 25th, 2009, 5:01 pm

Gurrrrlll, i'm SO proud of you...look'it, the scale is moving DOWNNNNNNN...LOL! Like my daughter said, you ARE an inspiration to ALL of us!!!!...and Nicks is doing so good toooo!!!! Keep up the GREAT effort...YOU CAN DO IT :-P

and by the way, you said yesterday that me and Diamond would be disappointed in you...listen'up, i could NEVER be disappointed in you my friend..shucks, i do the very SAME thing sometimes cuz i just have to...maybe that's why it's taking me so darn long to lose these last 2 pounds..lol! TTYL!

Chynna
ChynnaDoll

Postby nickieluv » March 25th, 2009, 7:06 pm

It's funny, I feel like you and I are so alike and so I just assume we're the same age and in the same place in life. I guess I am still thinking that I can always lose it later - in fact, any time I want to. But some of that is denial, keeping me from starting right now.

When I lost weight the last time, I wasn't initially thinking about another baby - at least, I don't think I was. It's so hard to be sure about anything after so many years! But that's been very front and center in my mind this time, I'm sure because my husband has put a time limit on this whole deal. That's the awful part about marrying a man so much older than you are. That and he loves that awful 80s music. :lol: Styx, Kansas, ugh! (Sorry if I offend - I'm a child of grunge and I'm sure lots of people think that's garbage, too.)

Iin a way, I can't help but think short-term, because I know in the end I'm going to put weight back on. And maybe that's why it's so hard for me to get started, too. Sort of a 'what's it all for anyway?' kind of attitude.

Well, one way or another, we'll both get where we're going. No doubt you'll make it faster than me - but as long as I get there I'm happy. I could probably do well to take your attitude about it not being a race. I just need brain surgery to eliminate this perfectionism. Which oddly, only relates to certain things. There are others where I'm happy to say good enough is good enough. But that's a thought-stream for my own journal. :lol:
nickieluv

Postby MyComplete180 » March 27th, 2009, 9:42 am

WOW how weird, I am having a similar issue with my daughter. She had her ears pierced at Claires, but I really think the backs of their piercing earrings are not the greatest either. They kept getting sore.

I finally took them out and allowed the holes to close. That being said, she really liked her ears, but I am clueless where to get high quality earrings for piercing...any ideas?
MyComplete180

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal