Old dog, new tricks

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Old dog, new tricks

Postby Ron » May 22nd, 2005, 4:58 am

Coming into the group as one with all the malady's of the morbidly obese, I am looking forward to success in this new health venture. I have 200+ pounds to lose. Funny thing is I know I can do it...given good sense, a bit of support, and my own continued commitment to regaining the life I have lost thru my weight-based inabilities. I will do it. I am far too young to cancel my subscription to Life.
Ron
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 22nd, 2005, 5:29 am

Welcome Ron........it's marvelous to have you with us. More and more over the past couple of weeks we are seeing men join our little group here. Having men around during this journey is helpful and insightful and we believe (as women) that we offer a valuable resource to you men. So welcome.......you certainly have the best attitude and conviction. To be honest I believe that is half the battle!

I'll be looking forward to sharing your journey in the coming months. As always, let me know if I can be of any help.

CHEERS!
Christi

P.S. Take your measurements. We will begin our MEASUREMENT MONDAY on the first Monday of every month beginning in June. We have found that the inches we lose is often more exciting than the pounds. You have the advantage that you are able to measure at the very beginning!

P.S.S. to everyone.........look in an AVON catalog. They have a CURVES measurement tape that has a handle and you can use it yourself with no one's assistance to take your measurements!! Now there's NO REASON to not have these wonderful measurements and SEE for yourself all the inches you are losing 8)
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » May 22nd, 2005, 7:46 am

Hey, Ron ~

Welcome and :wave: howdy to ya.

You are RIGHT ON! None of us ought to be canceling our subscription to life and yet that's exactly what happens when we are morbidly obese.

I like to have people make a list of all the reasons why they want to lose weight and then keep that in a little journal (under lock and key from prying :shock: eyeballs, of course!) and then read the list every single day, it helps to keep focused on WHY you're doing this.

When the :coach: martoonis and caramellos call, read the list, it serves as a reminder that there are more reasons why you are choosing LIFE and are not going to scarf down those temporarily :twisted: forbidden items :twisted: .

Drink a :buddies: shake and get just that much closer to your goal. You will be firm in your resolve and more :lightsword: empowered to reach your goal and to stay there forever.

This is a tough job :whip: fighting off food but we are tougher than the call of the cupboards, if we WILL be.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » May 22nd, 2005, 8:34 am

Ron, good for you! You CAN do this, and you will be thrilled, seriously thrilled, with the results if you follow the program.

My best girlfriend started Medifast on Labor Day at 363. As of yesterday, she is at 250. That's 113 pounds between Labor Day and the week before Memorial Day, and that was doing the 5 and 1. You have the advantage of being male, and men lose faster than women do. :x

Good luck!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby DonicaB » May 22nd, 2005, 10:48 am

Hi Ron~~Welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you. I think you will find this group of folks to be very encouraging and inspirational.

I look forward to sharing in your journey to a happier and healthier you.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » May 22nd, 2005, 10:51 am

Ron....... :wavie: ....Welcome.........so glad to have another guy on board..... :clap: ......really looking forward to sharing the journey with you and my many prayers for your strength along this road we travel..... :angel: ......
donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LeeannNH » May 22nd, 2005, 3:31 pm

hi ron!

congratulations on your decision to take control. this is a very exciting day for you!

whenever you feel down or are struggling or if you are feeling extra motivated, come on this board and SHARE! personally, i love reading about both. i truly believe that it helps everyone here to walk through this together

anyhoo! welcome and i'm looking forward to seeing you around

leeann

:mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Ron » May 22nd, 2005, 4:01 pm

Coming in and seeing all these smiling faces has taken a bit of the apprehension of my first post off. Thank you for your most gracious welcome!
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Ron

sick and tired too

Postby PGL » May 22nd, 2005, 6:14 pm

Hi Ron,
The 'sick & tired' me understands....3 weeks on the program, and I already feel better physically and emotionally ! 19 lbs makes all the difference in knee and hip pain, and even sleep patterns...welcome aboard..we are so glad to have you...stay on this message board every day..it helps so much to hear others, and know we all have the same struggles..have a great week..(and be sure and buy some flavorings !!)
:o) Gina
PGL

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » May 22nd, 2005, 7:45 pm

Hi Ron and WELCOME :D
You are in the right place with the right plan and you are ready to make your life better and healthier!!
We are all here to support you and YOU CAN DO IT!!!
I started MF in mid October 2004 at 324 pounds and am now at 222.5 and heading to my goal!!
I am on the 5 and 1 plan and I promise you if you follow it faithfully this plan WORKS!!
Come here often for support, the people here are indeed the best!
We will gladly cheer you on to mobility, good health and happiness all along your journey!
God Bless,
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby armeewyf » May 24th, 2005, 12:24 pm

I agree with Mary...CHOCOLATE PUDDING ROCKS!!!
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Ron » May 27th, 2005, 1:52 am

There are 22.2 pounds LESS of this old dog after week one on Medifast. (And is my tail waggin'!)
May your weekend be filled with sunshine and smiles!
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Ron

Postby doglover » May 27th, 2005, 4:59 am

Hey Ron - sorry for the late welcome, I was away! Glad to have you here - we love men on this forum! And ladies too ;)
Congrats on the 22 lbs! You're full steam ahead!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » May 27th, 2005, 7:13 am

Woohoo! 22.2 pounds! Awesome Ron, congrats! Ain't this fun? :mrgreen:
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 27th, 2005, 7:18 am

Yessssssssss..........!!
:thumbig:
Unca