I've lost 4 bags of dog food!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I've lost 4 bags of dog food!

Postby Becky » April 14th, 2006, 7:29 pm

If a bag of dog food weighed 10 pounds, I've lost 4 of them! I'm so excited. I started on the program January 3rd to get off my baby weight. I have 9 pounds left to go & have lost 41 pounds in the last 14 weeks (with not one cheat!). This is definitely the way to do it. The first time around I did pretty well for awhile, then I did lots of days 1-3 over & over again. I don't recommend that because you're constantly hungry. I lost 52 pounds on the program several years ago & kept it off until I got pregnant. Now I'm back on the program getting that pregnancy weight off. Yahoo!! Thank the Lord for Medifast!
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 14th, 2006, 7:42 pm

Becky--That is super! you are so smart to get that baby fat off now...I waited 16 years :oops:

OH and you should know your momma really brags on you and that beautiful grandchild of hers ;)

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Becky » April 14th, 2006, 7:50 pm

Thanks Lisa! We sure love that little boy. I think we were over at Grammy & Papa's house almost everyday this week for play time. Nicholas as a blast over there--and is usually eating Medifast Peach Oatmeal. It's so funny how much he loves it. If baby #2 is ever going to come along, I didn't want to start where I left off & add onto the weight from #1. If I didn't have Medifast, I know it would take much longer to get it off & I probably wouldn't stick to anything else for as long as it would take me. And it REALLY helps my joints. Before I could go back on the program, I was hardly able to lift Nicholas or get up out of the chair. I will always have at least 3 a day so I can keep moving! YOU are doing excellent girl. Wow! I'm impressed.
Last edited by Becky on April 14th, 2006, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky

Postby lauradr » April 14th, 2006, 7:50 pm

Becky. So glade your with usand Wtg on the weight loss
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Re: I've lost 4 bags of dog food!

Postby Lizabette » April 14th, 2006, 7:52 pm

WOW, BECKY!

Where have you been while you have been losing all those "bags of dog food"-- 41 pounds without one cheat! You are amazing! Maybe I just missed your posts, and your exciting trip to your goal! :whoohoo:

Congratulations on your success. You have done wonderfully and are such an inspiration. :yes:

So glad to read your great post :puter: and we hope that you will share your 'before' and your soon-to-be "after" pictures with us.

Lizabette

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Becky » April 14th, 2006, 7:52 pm

Thanks Laura. You are getting so close to your goal! I'll bet you're feeling really good. And it's barely spring. It's nice to know you'll be comfy this summer!
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky

Postby Becky » April 14th, 2006, 7:56 pm

Thanks Lizabette. I have been busy emailing & on the phone with people, but just haven't gotten into the forum yet. Decided it was time though! I have done the program the wrong way & now i'm doing it the right way. And I can definitely say it is MUCH easier to do it the right way & now that I am, I'm not even craving anything (isn't that weird?!). The longer you're good, the harder it is to cheat because you don't want to mess up all that hard work. I will definitely share some pictures when I find some good ones. We have so many to look through... I'm sure there are some I'd rather not see! It's nice to all be on this journey together.
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky

Postby mamabear » April 14th, 2006, 9:25 pm

:cleader: Wow! That's awesome Becky!!! :cleader:
mamabear
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 14th, 2006, 11:59 pm

Hi Becky!

It's nice to get a face to put with all the nice compliments about you on this forum!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Serendipity » April 15th, 2006, 4:47 am

Becky,

Thanks for posting. It's ironic, isn't it, that the way that would seem to be the hardest is actually the easiest?

I just wanna let you know in case you haven't heard.......your mom and dad are terrific!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Mom23 » April 15th, 2006, 5:09 am

:wave: Hi Becky! It's so nice to put a face with a voice! I hope you'll be able to "pop in" on the forum more often!

btw -- I'm "Barbara" in North Carolina (Bobbi is my nickname) :)
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nicki » April 15th, 2006, 5:30 am

Becky - CONGRATS!!!! Boy, the pounds are just coming off left and right around here! So glad you're joining in the fun! :-P
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Becky » April 15th, 2006, 11:36 am

oops!! somehow i signed on as a guest & i can't delete it. Here's my message again as Me... Hi Barbara--it's nice to find you here! Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's sure easier staying on track when we're all working on it together!
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky

Postby Arklahoma » April 15th, 2006, 2:03 pm

Weigh to go, Becky! Thanks for posting.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Try picking up 40 lbs. of dog food

Postby NE gal in South » April 17th, 2006, 12:31 pm

and carry it around. When I had lost about 50 plus lbs., my doctor said imagine carrying that around. I thought about this for a while, and told him the heaviest thing I remembered lifting lately had been 40 lbs. of dog food. Then one day when I was in Sam's Club, I once again struggled to lift a 40 lb. bag of dog food and get it on the bottom shelf of the cart and our talk all came back to me. It is very, very difficult to do and that is what your joints, bones and skin struggled with also. When you seriously think about how much better you feel and move it all comes together and makes sense.

Becky when and if, you try to give Mom and Dad another grandbaby to love and indulge you will feel so much better having lost the extra pounds from Nicholas beforehand. I am so happy that you could do it fast and easy with Medifast.

I look forward to seeing you soon and baby Nicholas too.

Thank you so much for your kind words to me in my post in the Studio.

Carol
cmc
NE gal in South

Next

Return to The Weight Room