Mind Playing Tricks On Me - Day1

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Mind Playing Tricks On Me - Day1

Postby StrivingSister » February 18th, 2006, 9:19 am

Okay, well, a few days ago I asked about "priming" myself to get ready for this. I had every intention of waiting a few days to up my water and lean/green during that time....However, when I got my packages I was SOOOO excited. I basically just limited carbs and up the water for one day, and "Shook right in" today!

During my second meal of the day, all of a sudden, I was craving a cheeseburger!! I haven't had or craved a cheeseburger in a long time - now all of a sudden I want this? I think it likely had to do with the fact that my husband and I were watching a soccer game at the time - and usually we like to eat while we watch.

This brought to light the reality that I am really going to have to actively keep my self busy (especially during these next few days) and also minimize those moments where I could potentially be reminded of ol' favorites within a particular situation or environment.

It will take some time....it's a work in progress.
StrivingSister
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby falisamarie » February 18th, 2006, 9:37 am

You are so right that keeping yourself busy is a help. I can tell you from experience that everytime, everyday you say no and stay compliant it does get a little easier. Last week I had a real craving for a particular fast food and I thought I would never make it, but, I did and the next day the craving was gone. Maybe for your lean and green tonight you could make a 5oz hamburger patty with lean ground beef and put some molly McCheese on it!! This will probably satisfy that craving right away!

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby SueInSLO » February 18th, 2006, 10:13 am

Hi StrivingSister!! :wave:

You're doing great recognizing and addressing the cravings! The commericials about drove me nuts the first few days! It IS hard for a few days but this too shall pass.

Once your body goes into mild ketosis the "real" hunger will fade. The "fake" hunger or cravings still come and go. I found the TV or smells triggered it for me and I tried to remove myself if possible from the visual or smell if possible.

Remind yourself of the great thing you're doing for yourself and you can get through it. Come post about it.

Hang in there!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!

Sue
:D
Start: 1/07/06
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.