It is currently May 15th, 2024, 12:19 am

News News of Welcome

Site map of Welcome » Forum : Welcome

Hesitant Newbie (sorry, long)

Hello all:

I have been reading and reading and reading all I can about Medifast this weekend. I know at age 38, 5'6 and 330 (ish) pounds, I must do SOMETHING about my weight. I am pretty healthy for my size--no diabetes, heart condition, pulmonary condition, etc. I do have some back pain, though :cry:

I guess I am writing you BEFORE I decide ...
Read more : Hesitant Newbie (sorry, long) | Views : 1557 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Come on in.

Smile bringers!

I love this

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then, your body and your fat are really good friends.

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting my pantyhose on fire.

Amazing! You hang something in your closet for awhile ...
Read more : Smile bringers! | Views : 578 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Come on in.

Greetings, everyone!

Hi there!

I am beginning Medifast tomorrow (11/4/03) and would like to introduce myself to all of you. (I have been lurking around the board for about two weeks, so you all feel like old friends to me ;)

I am a 45 year old woman, married to my wonderfully supportive husband (Tony) for 23 years. We have five children: Josiah (17), Esther (14), Micah (11), Caleb ...
Read more : Greetings, everyone! | Views : 815 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Come on in.

Newbie starting out

Hi all. I’m planning to start Medifast 55 as soon as my shipment arrives. So tonight I’m having a big hunk of chocolate cake as a final fling. I’m 32 years old, 5'6" and 181 pounds as of right now, before the big hunk of cake. I’m trying to slim down from my present size 14 to an 8. I don’t really care how many pounds I lose so long as I get back to ...
Read more : Newbie starting out | Views : 865 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Come on in.

Future NEWBIE? Need Help!

Hey all

I am considering doing this plan but don't know if it is the right choice for me. I am currently doing a lower carb lifestyle (for about 5 wks) and have lost 10 lbs (though nothing for the past 2 wks). It is getting slightly frustrating - I don't mind the lifestyle at all, but I would like to be THIN and following the plan of no sugars or refined carbs. I still ...
Read more : Future NEWBIE? Need Help! | Views : 771 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Come on in.

What do they actually think of me?

Below are reasons that I am fearful/tired/fed-up/had enough of being overweight. A comment(s) or a question(s) I have thought about at least 20,000 times. Things I will be glad to forget when the weight is proportional to my size (or I am not FAT) There is nary a day go by that I have not thought about at least one of the below issues.

Understand these comments are not uncommon for me. Each and every ...
Read more : What do they actually think of me? | Views : 1225 | Replies : 6 | Forum : The Elevator

Just Started - Looking for ongoing support!

Hello! I'm from Ohio, and just made the decision to start Medifast. I received my order on Monday and decided to begin this morning (Monday). I am about 5'9 1/2 and weighed in this morning at 199, and am a comfortable size 14. I am fairly active (did a triathlon a week ago), and walked a marathon last spring, and play tennis weekly.

When I married my husband 12 1/2 years ago, I weighed about ...
Read more : Just Started - Looking for ongoing support! | Views : 874 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Come on in.

Halloween

Uh Oh…Candy time is coming!

Yep, I saw those humongous bags of snack size Snickers bars at the grocery store today. One of them was callin’ my name. I turned right around and spoke to it (Do you ever do that?).

The conversation went something like this:

Snickers Bars: “Psst. Hey, Nancy! Pssst.” :twisted:

Snickers Bars: “Over here. Deep rich chocolate and caramel…Over here. In the ...
Read more : Halloween | Views : 955 | Replies : 0 | Forum : A Message from your Hosts

What Can I consume????

Ok Board folks... (the very helpful ones)

I have read numerous stories/notes/comments/booklets about Medifast w/some conflicts. I would like to know EGG-ZACTLY what I can consume.

Lets assume I am on the TOTAL fast, and consuming my 5 (or 4) required suppliments per day as directed:

I have read that the body needs 64 (min) additional oz. of water and/or liquids. This can? be non caloric/non sugared items such as:

Diet Soda/Flavored waters/ Crystal Light ...
Read more : What Can I consume???? | Views : 21375 | Replies : 32 | Forum : Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Semi newbie's mommie

Hello y'all. I'm Ginny. How nice to find you here. Like Mike says, three weeks and counting. Already good things are happening to me in addition to losing weight. I was recently diagnosed with arthritis in my lower back - lots of pain, from which I was seldom free. Didn't want medication, so I was prescribed specific exercises. I've been doing them sporadically. Coincidentally the weight started coming off. Lo and behold, I feel soooo ...
Read more : Semi newbie's mommie | Views : 744 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Come on in.

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286