Greetings, everyone!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Greetings, everyone!

Postby Lois » November 3rd, 2003, 6:05 am

Hi there!

I am beginning Medifast tomorrow (11/4/03) and would like to introduce myself to all of you. (I have been lurking around the board for about two weeks, so you all feel like old friends to me ;)

I am a 45 year old woman, married to my wonderfully supportive husband (Tony) for 23 years. We have five children: Josiah (17), Esther (14), Micah (11), Caleb (9), and Elijah (almost 7). Our little Eli is severly autistic, diagnosed in March 1999.

As you can imagine, there is never a dull moment around here....and our family has been through quite a lot, especially in the past five years.

I have been struggling with my weight my whole life. I have lost and regained literally hundreds of pounds on dozens of different diets....but I've never tried Medifast, and I am excited and encouraged by the testimonies and support I've seen on this board.

I am 5'6" and weighed in this morning at 233. This means I've got close to 100 pounds to lose to reach my goal (140 to 150 pounds).

I know that I can do this.....and I know that your support and friendship will be a key to my success.

Oh yes....I am also a full time seminary student (graduating in May!!! Hooray!!!) an artist, and a professional storyteller.

My life is an open book, so I hope to share this journey with all of you, and am truely greatful for this forum!

Blessings,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 3rd, 2003, 1:22 pm

Hi Lois and welcome to the Forum, :wavie:
"Professional Storyteller?" I can't wait.

Tell us a bedtime story.... :snooze:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Ellen » November 3rd, 2003, 9:35 pm

Hi Lois and welcome to Medifast and to the forum. I'm so excited about how many people are starting to show up on the forum!!

Sounds like you are one busy lady! Medifast is great because once you get into the swing with it, it becomes so easy! The longer I go, the more I LOVE the ready to drink shakes, so nice and easy, you'll have to check those out!

Take care of yourself in the first few days. Get plenty of rest, in short order you should have lots more energy, but the first few sort of tired me out as my body was adjusting (or maybe it was in shock??)

I think that Medifast will become a very exciting chapter in the story of your life!!

I look forward to getting to know you,
Ellen

By the way, I love your children's names!
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Welcome

Postby Nancy » November 3rd, 2003, 10:11 pm

Hello, Lois ~

Wowser! You are one busy lady and Medifast is the perfect plan for you! God has blessed Terry and I abundantly because of what Medifast has done for us. We are healthy, happy and better able to serve others as we are no longer flabby and fatigued.

Stick close to the Forum. The support of fine folks like Ellen, Mike, Susan and others will get you through. I feel very much behind in my emails and Newsletter preparation since we were out of town for a few days and I had a medical issue to deal with so you may not hear from me every day. I know that you will be successful. This plan cannot fail if you do not fail it. One day at a time and you will be at your goal weight in record time PLUS you'll be able to maintain your appropriate weight, too.

Tonight's assignment: Take and record your measurements and take your picture. Trust me, it will be worth it! Slurp and melt away!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lois » November 4th, 2003, 6:44 am

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for your kind, welcoming, and encouraging words.

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.