The Missing Lauradr ...

Meet Terry and Nancy.

The Missing Lauradr ...

Postby Nancy » May 31st, 2006, 5:11 pm

Dear MakeMeThinner Forum Family ~

I wanted to update you about our missing Lauradr….Laura is a regular shaker, poster, reader and friend and like many of you, I noticed she seemed to disappear a couple of weeks ago. It seemed odd when I did not get a reoly or hear back from her right away when I called. I wasn’t aware of an upcoming vacation and I was puzzled when she didn't appear on the Live Chat With Leopard Woman.

I recently received a short email explaining her absence and then I spoke with her today.

Here’s the skinny on our precious Lauradr. Her job involves a lot of travel – sometimes driving and sometimes flying. She was recently involved in a serious car accident when a young woman abruptly pulled out in front of Laura’s car. She was unable to avoid hitting the car and then Laura’s car was struck from behind. Laura has a broken wrist and a hairline fracture in her neck. She spent 8 days in the hospital and is home now; we are all very blessed to have her with us! God watched over her and preserved our Laura.

She told me that she is getting along quite well, she has some scratches on her face from glass shards but they are healing.

It is not easy for her to type – she can read the Forum! She has been keeping her eye on everyone but it is painful to type.

Evidently, where the break is in her neck coupled with the aftermath of the accident, it hurts to move her arms. As time goes by, the inflammation will subside.

Laura wanted me to tell you that her doctor told her that if she had not lost the weight she did, her injuries would have been worse and the recovery period would be much longer. Laura had high blood pressure and was borderline diabetic – those factors affect our healing abilities.

Her doctor was very straightforward and said that her weight loss, her excellent health and her fitness level will enable her to be back to new very soon.

Laura is adamant that we all understand how important it is to be at a healthy weight - she wants us all to get fit and to stay fit!

While she was in the hospital, she was on IV steroids – you know the implications of steroids – they reduce inflammation, help kill off bacteria and fight infection. They also increase our weight and fluid retention...Laura is going back on Medifast on Monday with her doctor’s blessing.

Please pray for Laura and her family. She is a very positive person, she’s upbeat and is thankful for your interest and concern for her.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 31st, 2006, 9:29 pm

Heal up quick Laura.

We'll miss you.
:hug:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Arklahoma » May 31st, 2006, 11:47 pm

Thanks for the update, Nancy!!! Laura, we're rootin' for you and can't wait to see you back on the forum.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby loriannk » June 1st, 2006, 5:39 am

Get Well Soon Laura! We miss you.

Lori
3 kids ages 2, 8 & 9
loriannk
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » June 1st, 2006, 6:41 am

Get well Laura. Praise God for His Mercy and Protection!! We will keep you in our prayers and thoughts.
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mom23 » June 1st, 2006, 7:15 am

:hug: Hope you are healing fast! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Adriana » June 1st, 2006, 10:40 am

Laura, we wish you the best in your recovery. And hope to see you very soon here with all of us Medifasters. God bless you
Adriana
250/225/199
Start date 5/24/06
Adriana
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Drama Queen » June 1st, 2006, 11:06 am

Laura,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you for a very speedy recovery!!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Linda » June 1st, 2006, 11:12 am

I'm so sorry to hear this news, but very glad that Laura ia recovering. Thanks for letting us know, Nancy.
LINDA

Started Nov 6, 2005
5'3", 59 years young
Linda
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Hiya,

Postby dede4wd » June 12th, 2006, 8:34 pm

Hi Laura,
Heal up quick! I hope you feel better soon! Enjoy the daytime TV!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to A Message from your Hosts