Hello from Marseilles the missing....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Hello from Marseilles the missing....

Postby Marseilles » November 25th, 2004, 9:49 am

Hiya everyone!!!

Wow, it has been such a long time since I have posted that it almost feels foreign to me!!! I have been here off and on the past couple of weeks, reading up on how everyone is doing and as usual it is always informational and inspirational. My thanks and kudos to one and all!

As for what has been happening in and around my world, let me give you the scoop. We have made it through the dreaded period of unemployment and complete loss of financial security (fleeting thing, that!) and are now slowly settling into a new routine and a new home. We were in a very small hotel room for a month which was tough but bearable...I do truly love my husband and son, that much I am more certain of, but let me tell you...boys are stinky in confined spaces!! hehehe..it went better than I thought, really.

Selling our home was an emotional time to say the least, I had just finally felt like we were putting down roots having moved from a different Country a short three years previously. Didnt help either that we took an absolute soaking on it and had to go to the closing table with money borrowed, but sometimes life dictates things that we wouldnt necessarily choose for ourselves. Ah well, life goes on! The good news is, my son has settled into his new school very well and is very content. His grades havent suffered and he is making new friends. What more could a mother ask for? My husband, as well, is settling into his new job and is very pleased.

As far as me, well, I have good days and bad; like everyone. The short of it is this: unfortunately, due to the tumultuous times that we have recently gone through, I am unable to afford to stay with the program at this time. If all goes according to plan I can be back on medifast at the first of the new year and let me tell you; I CANNOT wait. I miss it like and old friend; for sure. Although I have tried my very best to watch what I eat and how I prepare things, I have been forced into a sort of maintenance program that I am not ready to be in. I still need to lose a bunch of weight and try as I might, I sure dont have the success I did with medifast..of course, it gets depressing but I plug along with the best of intentions. I have increased my exercise and am cooking healthy but it just isnt the same. The weightloss is excruciatingly slow and sometimes nonexistent but I am trying to keep my head up and get through the next 40 days or so!!! Unfortunately, while in the hotel room for the month I did gain weight, a whopping 15 lbs so I am also kind of battling the negative emotions that go with that while trying to get rid of that and more (now back to needing to lose 55lbs to goal). The silver lining is that it is coming off, albeit very slowly.

Anywho, sorry for the long rant..know I am here and cannot wait to return to the fold..I cant help but feel like the prodigal daughter, lurking but unwilling to say too much since I am not on the program. I AM still here though!!!

I wish you all a very blessed thanksgiving and true peace and happiness. Know I have well wishes for each and everyone of you!!

Peace, joy and health to all!!
-M.
:puter:
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby LongWay2go » November 27th, 2004, 4:50 am

Marseilles,

We are so very happy to have you back, and I know I speak for all when I say that! You went through so much with the hurricanes, losing your house, living in cramped quarters with smelly men! A big hug to you!

Do not feel guilt for putting on some of the weight you lost during such a difficult time. You know that ordinarily you'd go to the whipping chair for such a thing, but this was completely out of your control and I think your decision to eat responsibly and exercise is to be commended!

We are here for you, 100% and soon enough, you'll know that to be true!

huggz,
~Spidey
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » November 27th, 2004, 11:27 am

Marseilles,

You are ONE strong person. Your post is such an inspiration. To see such an attitude as yours after as much as you've gone through, makes me appreciate life. Bless you and I'll include you in my prayers.

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » November 28th, 2004, 12:43 am

Dear Dear Marseilles ~

Oh, we have :tears: missed you - I was so hoping that we would hear from you and here you are! :D You certainly have been going through some :x difficult trials but you have not allowed the :help: deep waters to prevail but in the midst of it all, you came to the safe place - welcome Home, Darlin'. :hug:

You have such a positive outlook and we are grateful that you are doing your best. Hang in there, Marseilles; we are praying for you. :angel:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Marseilles » November 28th, 2004, 1:40 pm

Hello again :)

I want to thank you guys for the very warm reception. It feels so good to be 'coming home'!!!! Today has been very tough for me in the scheme of things..I miss medifast so much that it almost physically hurts. I long so deperately to be back on the program...does this make sense to alot of you? I know at times it is very hard to stick to the regime but I tell you, it is harder still to want something so desperately and have it just out of my grasp..especially when that something is medifast. I am truly counting the days until I can be back on the program and trying to stay positive and not waver until then.

I feel so leaden and carb heavy even though I am almost entirely avoiding them..just isnt the same. I hope that all of you that are wavering will read this and realize how truly wonderous a program medifast is..and KNOW how impatiently I am waiting to be back on it!! I am like the proverbial kid at Christmas, all unruly and anxious!!!!

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

Wishing you all a very succesful week and many blessings!!!
-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby shineface » November 30th, 2004, 5:01 pm

Marseilles-

I am overwhelmed with your strength - you are a true survivor.

God helps those that help themselves - I know He has an amazing plan in store for you.

God Bless and don't go away - I know I need to see you here as much as you need to be here!

WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » November 30th, 2004, 8:26 pm

Marseilles-

Yikes! I know how it feels to be faced with instant joblessness. For a while Terry worked two jobs and went to school and I have worked two and even three jobs at a time.

:shock: However, I cannot imagine what it must be like to be living away from your homeland and family. We believe things will be turned around very quickly so you can be back on your weight loss journey.

Your little Medifamily is sad to hear about the temporary set-back but we are also impressed by your desire to work hard to maintain your weight as best as you can and your courage to come by here.

You have also given a good exhortation to those who have Medifast in their pantry and yet they stop off at Taco Smell or Burglar King… ;)

Remember the things you’ve learned – drink plenty of water, eat every three hours and eat small balanced protein:carb foods.

The Fed Ex truck will soon visit your street and leave your special shake box on your porch. You’ll be back to feeling better and shakin’ it up in your world, Marseilles. :stroll:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Marseilles » December 1st, 2004, 5:30 am

Thanks for the heads-up and well wishes Nancy and everyone! :)

I SO cant wait to be back on board with medifast and I am counting the days.
-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby Marseilles » December 1st, 2004, 8:28 am

You know Nancy...

I was just reading your response and a couple things stand out, so I thought I would comment! :)

My little medifast family...a sweet sentiment and it gives me the warm fuzzies, for sure! Not much LITTLE about it though, aside from some seriously shrinking hineys! This medifast family is HUGE and wonderful and I feel blessed to be a part of it. There is such a GREAT network of support here, so welcoming to one and all. We are blessed to have found such a place; thank you!!!!

Taco Smell...personally, I think the name TOXIC HELL is more suitable, but thats just my two cents. ;)

A wonderful day to all and happy December 1st!!!
-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room