Newbie starting out

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Newbie starting out

Postby VK » October 30th, 2003, 6:49 pm

Hi all. I’m planning to start Medifast 55 as soon as my shipment arrives. So tonight I’m having a big hunk of chocolate cake as a final fling. I’m 32 years old, 5'6" and 181 pounds as of right now, before the big hunk of cake. I’m trying to slim down from my present size 14 to an 8. I don’t really care how many pounds I lose so long as I get back to a size 8. I read the forum and ordered the syrups because I’m determined to stick with this program, but I’d like the shakes to taste somewhat decent! Any words of advice will be appreciated.

VK
VK

Postby Ellen » October 30th, 2003, 8:21 pm

Hey VK, Welcome. You will really like this program! As long as you follow it, there is really no way to fail. I am having a blast at this. Honestly, I don't miss the food that much. Not nearly as much as I'm enjoying losing!

If you've read through the forum, you've heard lots of great ideas from different people.

I guess the big keys for me are:
Do the program 100% -- if you do, the results will be fantastic!
Drink plenty of fluids
Get some extra rest the first week or so
Wait a couple of weeks to add any excercise

I love my syrups! I just made a snow cone tonight using the Davinci cherry syrup. It was a yummy way to get some more water in!

Welcome again to the forum and to the diet,
Here's to success!
Ellen
22 pounds gone in 3 weeks!
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » October 31st, 2003, 8:57 am

Hi VK and welcome to the forum,
Got a sugar hangover this morn?.... :D

I've noticed since getting involved with Medifast that i can really "feel" the foods i eat now. Put crummy stuff in the ole engine and I can feel it the next day. That's one great benefit of taking weight and health seriously. During your weight loss journey, you'll learn to listen to your body and how to fuel it correctly. Once you've met your goal, there's nothing wrong with a little treat now and then, but after all the challenge and hard work of meeting your goal, you realize how important it is to change your eating habits and live a healthy life.

I've got to mention again that not everyone has probs with the taste of the Medifast products. Sure there's some flavors that wont be agreeable with some people, but overall the products are quite good and the sky's the limit to what you can do to "spruce" em up.

Stick with the program and you'll get to your goal before you know it.

Get Shakin'..... :cheers:

Unca.... :lol:
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

glad to have you aboard

Postby susan » October 31st, 2003, 12:58 pm

Hi Vk , glad you coming aboard this is really good and the shakes are good also but you can make them even better by adding different flavors like peperment and lemon or rootbeer or whatever you like.best of luck .Susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Staying the course

Postby VK » November 1st, 2003, 7:58 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. My shipment STILL hasn’t arrived and I’m annoyed because I’m anxious to get started! You’ll be pleased to know that I had about half of my big hunk of “farewell” chocolate cake, and about halfway through just didn’t want it. If you knew my love for chocolate you’d understand what a miracle that was. As I wait for my shipment to arrive, any advice for preparing to start?

I’ve already cleaned out the refrigerator - only water and diet Vanilla Coke in there. Baskin Robbins makes these wonderful sugar-free hard candies that really DO taste just like a scoop of their ice cream, and I’ve always had tons of those on hand. I have them tucked in my purse and my desk at work - they’ve kept me from pigging out on sugar many, many times! I’ve been really increasing my water intake for about 2 weeks, and I want to keep doing that. Anything else I should be doing?

I work for a very large company and there are all sorts of clubs. Unfortunately my co-worker is PRESIDENT of the cooking club, and 2 of my other coworkers are members. These people are gourmet quality chefs and they bring in their “experiments” about once a week. One of them was a finalist in a Godiva baking chocolate contest, so you can imagine what I'm dealing with. I’m not sure how to decline the homemade truffles and souffles without letting them know I’m on Medifast. I’ve only told one other person (oh, and you guys!) and I don’t want to tell anybody else. Any advice for ducking :tomato: food at work will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
VK
VK

Postby susan » November 1st, 2003, 5:39 pm

VK just tell them you are not hungry and thar will be the truth because you won;t be hungry on this program.Susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 3rd, 2003, 1:25 pm

Hi VK,
If you ordered with us and still haven't received your order, let us know and we'll look into for you.

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Surviving the Wait

Postby Nancy » November 3rd, 2003, 1:58 pm

Dear VK ~

Good for you for choosing the easiest weight loss and health maintenance program available!

While waiting for your shipment to arrive, you are doing exactly the right thing! You are getting your body ready by increasing and drinking water regularly. If you are not already doing so, be sure to eat smaller size meals and have them every three hours. Most people eat fewer larger meals so it may take a week or so to begin a new habit.

Since you DO like chocolate so much, I think you’ll find that the Dutch Chocolate Medifast 55 shakes will satisfy your chocolate desires. Consider ordering some Hot Cocoa, too. It’s yum!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

How to Say No!

Postby Nancy » November 3rd, 2003, 2:33 pm

Keeping your diet a secret from others :secret:
and saying NO! to goodies CAN be difficult when first beginning the weight loss plan.
I am finding more and more people that want to keep their weight loss plan a secret. I know from experience that it is hard to face the stares of disbelief :scratch: and the rolling of eyeballs :roll: from well-meaning friends and relatives. I had failed so many times in the past that I just couldn’t risk telling others that I was starting yet ANOTHER weight loss plan. Trust me; this IS the LAST time you will have to begin a vigorous dieting plan! Medifast works. You will safely and quickly lose the all the unwanted pounds and then the best part – you will be able to maintain your weight for the rest of your life for the best of your life! :cleader:

I am currently writing an article for our monthly newsletter regarding this very topic. Be sure to watch for it as I think that I will effectively address your questions there.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.