It is currently May 6th, 2024, 11:14 am

News News of The Gymnasium

Site map of The Gymnasium » Forum : The Gymnasium

Fitness and Exercise

My exercise plan for the week

My brother is working out every night and he feels great. So, he's motivated me to get my butt moving. I also got my fitness newsletter this morning which suggested that I make an exercise schedule with goals. So here goes.

Tonight (Tues): abs/squats/barbells
Weds: 20 min. yoga
Thurs: abs/squats/barbells
Fri: 20 min. cardio/ leg toning
Sat: 20 min. bike ride (weather?) / free weights
Sun: 20 min. bike ride/ basketball (weather?)

I've found myself ...
Read more : My exercise plan for the week | Views : 733 | Replies : 0

Gym Plan

Looking for and suggestions anyone wants to give.I want to make sure I am heading into this right...

I wanted to do my elliptical for 15-20min (days/wk?) to start.And probably toning about 2-3 days a week.

Any ideas on how many days I should do cardio for a week? And as far as adding another supplement...when should I take it?

630a-7a up and exercise (if not doing toning in same day)
7a-830a shower and ready ...
Read more : Gym Plan | Views : 795 | Replies : 13

The Bean.

I needed to start to do something to start firming up. I cannot do floor exercise beause it makes my back and neck hurt. :(

Was watching T.V. and saw an ad for this thing called The Bean. What it is , is a blow up cushion/chair that supports your back and neck. :D
You can do a ...
Read more : The Bean. | Views : 772 | Replies : 1

Wanting to head back to the gym, but feeling discombobulated

I am going to call my HA, but I really would like some advice here, too -- especially from experienced working-outters (but I am not picky, I will take it from anybody who can help). For some reason this is an area that has *always* easily overwhelmed me while I have been on MF and it's the main reason I have stayed away from excercising while MFing.

I guess I am paranoid about it making ...
Read more : Wanting to head back to the gym, but feeling discombobulated | Views : 2005 | Replies : 17

Personal Trainer Advice

My Christmas present and Way to Go present for myself now that I am down almost 45 pounds is to get a personal trainer. I have a consult with them on Monday. I have never excercised much - did Curves for about a year and also used to walk. I was wondering if anyone had advice on working with a trainer, how often to go as a newbie, anything special to consider with excercising on ...
Read more : Personal Trainer Advice | Views : 953 | Replies : 5

Ab Lounger

Does anyone have/use this?

Our friends have it and we are thinking of getting one so I thought I would ask.
Read more : Ab Lounger | Views : 783 | Replies : 6

Pilates Performer

Okay, I've had an eventful weekend.

I got my new TV installed, so my old tv & DVD/VCR went up into my new "workout room". As I put this room together, I'm embarassed to be out of shop considering the plethora of equipment now gathered in this room (including a fluidity bar/DVD's I still can't figure out how to get together!)

Here's the good news...my JP Pilates performer has plenty of room to hang out ...
Read more : Pilates Performer | Views : 1065 | Replies : 12

Re-starting my exercise

Ok, here is my plan:

SUNDAY- Ab crunches

MONDAY- Elliptical ONLY until I burn 150 calories, then step off! Light Arm & Leg weights, Ab crunches

TUESDAY- Ab crunches only

WEDNESDAY- Elliptical ONLY until I burn 150 calories, then step off! Light Arm & Leg weights, Ab crunches

THURSDAY- Ab crunches only

FRIDAY- Elliptical ONLY until I burn 150 calories, then step off! Light Arm & Leg weights, Ab crunches- then lounge in the hot ...
Read more : Re-starting my exercise | Views : 791 | Replies : 7

Starting with exercise

I know there are numerous threads about adding another shake, etc when incorporating exercise in with MF.

My question is this:

My trainer said for my workouts, I need to eat 1200 calories a day. I told him about MF but he said that thats too low of a calorie count for what I do.

I was thinking about eating 1100-1200 calories a day but all MF shakes, food, etc. I know its alot but ...
Read more : Starting with exercise | Views : 774 | Replies : 5

Exercise Problem

I have a 4 mile path that I've been walking and I would like to know what my speed is, but I can't figure it out. Yesterday, I walked my 4 miles in 46 minutes so I set up a ration/proportion problem like ...

4 miles / 60 minutes = x miles / 46 minutes

but the answer I got was like 3. I know that if I walk the path in 1 hour then ...
Read more : Exercise Problem | Views : 765 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286