It is currently May 5th, 2024, 12:48 pm

News News of Diabetes

Site map of Diabetes » Forum : Diabetes

Questions/Comments about Diabetes Products.

Type 2 Diabetes and Regular Medifast Products

Hi,

I had a question re. Type 2 Diabetics who have their numbers under control through proper diet alone. Can they try the non-Diabetic versions of Medifast Foods, or should we completely stay away from regular Medifast products like pudding or some other soups?

I'm not talking about going completely off the diabetic products, just replacing a meal now and then with a non diabetic version.

Thanks for you help on this.

MM
Read more : Type 2 Diabetes and Regular Medifast Products | Views : 1230 | Replies : 3

Diabetic Weight Loss

I've read almost every posting on the diabetic sight, but I still don't get much feedback on weight loss. :( If I've overlooked a posting on this, please guide me to it. Just want to hear about a diabetic medifaster who is doing the program correctly and has lost weight. Wanting to lose weight in Ga., Jules
Read more : Diabetic Weight Loss | Views : 1242 | Replies : 12

Sudden drop in blood sugar

Need some input from a diabetic medifaster that uses insulin injections....or anyone else who can help :| Took my first vanilla shake...before this, I also took by blood sugar reading....it was 111. As per status quo, I also "shot up" my insulin....10 units usually gets me.....Three hrs. later, I started to get that low blood sugar feeling :roll: ...
Read more : Sudden drop in blood sugar | Views : 1464 | Replies : 4

What can I expect as a type II Diabetic

I never see the diabetics posting on the MF message boards....I will start this week on the diabetic 2 wk. starter kit....I am anticipatory, but I still wonder if I will, once again, have my hopes shattered by this nasty disease :? I just want to know what I can expect from the first days on out....has anybody made it? Thank you, thank you, thank you ...
Read more : What can I expect as a type II Diabetic | Views : 1463 | Replies : 13

NOT LOOSING! could it be a sugar issue?

I've been on this plan for 5 days now and haven't lost anything....so could this be because i have a sugar problem (carb adict) and may need the diabetes program (a doctor told me i was borderline diabetic and my daughter has diabetes)?

I've tried everything else and some other liquid diets and lost nothing,thinking maybe it was that i had a metabolism problem due to my 2 spinal surguries and nothing "moving'...so i thought ...
Read more : NOT LOOSING! could it be a sugar issue? | Views : 1000 | Replies : 3

Possible link between type 1 and 2 diabetes

Obesity: Double diabetes threat?

The Sacamento Bee
Jul. 11, 2005 04:45 PM

The obesity epidemic appears to be fueling a hybrid type of diabetes that afflicts adults and children and, some believe, may increase the devastating complications of the disease.

Dubbed "double diabetes" by some and "diabetes one-and-a-half" by others, the combination of types 1 and 2 diabetes symptoms confounds doctors attempting to accurately diagnose patients and find the best medicines to treat them. ...
Read more : Possible link between type 1 and 2 diabetes | Views : 1280 | Replies : 6

New Blood test results

OH MY GOSH........let me just tell you all how THRILLED I am today!! I had to have alot of blood work done for my surgery coming up.....of course the main one is my Hemoglobin A1C. My baby is now 15 months old and I haven't had even a semi-good A1C since I was pregnant with him. In fact, it was my last A1C of 9.9 and the threat from my doctor that he would put ...
Read more : New Blood test results | Views : 1179 | Replies : 14

Johns Hopkins Diabetes Study Results

- Participants using Medifast lost twice as much weight and were twice as
likely to complete both phases of the study compared with those following a
diet based on the American Diabetes Association dietary guidelines -

- 24% of Medifast users decreased diabetic medication after 34-week weight
loss phase, compared to 0% of participants on the standard food diet -

OWINGS MILLS, Md., June 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Researchers from
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public ...
Read more : Johns Hopkins Diabetes Study Results | Views : 1606 | Replies : 7

Cinnamon!

I've been reading reports tonight that cinnamon in small amounts (a teaspoon or less a day) has in preliminary studies been shown to lower cholesterol and decrease insulin resistance, leading to better triglyceride numbers, etc. I'd post some of the links, but for Mr. Snippy, so suggest that if you are interested you try googling with the words cinnamon, insulin, lower, and cholesterol. You'll find quite a bit.

I love cinnamon, and use it, if ...
Read more : Cinnamon! | Views : 1280 | Replies : 12

Christi I finally went back to doctor today

I got that HcG number. She said mine was 7.5. She said it should be 7 or lower. My fasting blood sugar was 135. My cholesterol and triglycerides were so high she put me on Lipitor (or however it is spelled)! :twisted: My cholesterol was 250 and tris were 313. My sister weighs over 340 and hers are lower :? ...
Read more : Christi I finally went back to doctor today | Views : 1394 | Replies : 12

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 167231 • Total topics 12185 • Total members 2286