New Blood test results

Questions/Comments about Diabetes Products.

New Blood test results

Postby LilMsTexas » June 22nd, 2005, 6:27 pm

OH MY GOSH........let me just tell you all how THRILLED I am today!! I had to have alot of blood work done for my surgery coming up.....of course the main one is my Hemoglobin A1C. My baby is now 15 months old and I haven't had even a semi-good A1C since I was pregnant with him. In fact, it was my last A1C of 9.9 and the threat from my doctor that he would put me on insulin injections if I didn't start taking my medication, lose some weight, and get my diabetes under control that brought me to medifast.

To put it in perspective.......a normal person, non-diabetic, has an A1C range of (4.5%-5.5%) Mine today was 6.2%!! For a non-diabetic person that would be slightly elevated.......but diabetics shoot for anything under 7% according to the American Diabetes Association. So I have achieved an optimal level with ZERO MEDICATION since I started the program in March!!! :D :cheerleader:

After only one month of medifast it had decreased from 9.9 to 7.7. But now, to be at a 6.2 with zero medication........WOW WOW WOW!!! I am soooooooooo thrilled. :clap:

And, my liver enzymes, which tend to be elevated because of "fatty liver" are allllllllllllllllllll NORMAL!! MY HEALTH IS JAMMIN'!!

SO........that's the latest from my last medical exam. I hope this information will prove to inspire other diabetics to try this program. It is literally changing my life..........adding years to my life in fact!!

See ya around the water cooler everybody,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby want2Bthin » June 22nd, 2005, 6:46 pm

Christi-

WOOOOHOOOOO!I am so happy for you! I bet you are so pleased! Isn't great to be taking our health back!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby kassilou » June 22nd, 2005, 6:56 pm

That is wonderful!! Good for you!!! :cheermed:
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 22nd, 2005, 8:23 pm

Great news Christi!!
We're just getting settled into our room and situated for the big TSFL conference here in Park City, Utah. I see why they picked the place. Not too shabby....:)

Just had to let you know how good it feels to read about your accomplishments. Amazing what the bod can do when you give it some good stuff...

We do have wi-fi here, but I'm not too sure how much time we'll have to drop in the forum.

Keep an eye on everyone for us.
NO SQUABBLING boys and girls....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby 24KaratGold » June 22nd, 2005, 9:26 pm

Woohoo Christi! Great results! Congratulations!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

great news

Postby LAwoman » June 22nd, 2005, 10:52 pm

That is such great news.

While we all want to look our best, NOTHING compares to having good health. I'm really happy for you.

Also, I was saddened to read about your mother's health and situation. I was then hopeful to read she's going to give it a try. Of course you want her to want this as much as you, and perhaps after trying MF and feeling and seeing the great results, she will.

Wish you all the best.
Hope your surgery and recovery is easy, speedy, and relatively painless.
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby LilMsTexas » June 23rd, 2005, 3:46 am

I'll do my best Tim.........you know this can be a rowdy crowd sometimes ;) Where is that onery Dean anyways? lol

Give love to Nancy and ya'll have tons of fun!! Feel free to share my good news around the conference!!

Love and hugs,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby doglover » June 23rd, 2005, 8:33 am

YOWZA Christ! This is the best news of all! Now you know that you are not only fantabulous on the outside - but fantasticaroonie on the inside too! You ROCK!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DonicaB » June 23rd, 2005, 8:45 am

Christi~~That Rocks, girl. :kool:

My sister is insulin diabetic and I have often wondered if MF could help her. There is one problem......she isn't overweight......at all. If anything she is toooooo thin. I really worry about her though.......she is 41 years old but is getting feeble. Her legs give out on her.......she can't get out of the floor by herself........and she tires very easily. She concerns me a great deal.

Back to you, though.........I am very happy for you and your excellent news.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » June 23rd, 2005, 9:21 am

That is awesome Christi !!!! :hi5:

I am so happy for you.....

Medifast is medi-miraculous.......

I know I'm glad I found it....

take care-

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime

Postby KeleeGrl » June 23rd, 2005, 10:55 am

Christi....WAY TO GO! :thumbup: You must be sitting on top of the world. So glad that everything is going great for your pre-op...Congrats!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » June 25th, 2005, 10:17 am

Christi.............Awesome results..... :yeah: ........good for you for persuing a better lifestyle........... :yay: ..............
donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby Mommy2girls » July 11th, 2005, 1:38 pm

Late poster here...

:cheerleader:
Anyway, Christi that is fantastic, I can hear the elation in your post! DH started MFing with me on June 7th and has lost –21lbs. More exciting than the loss is the fact that for the first time in I-can't-remember-how-long, he had a NORMAL blood pressure reading. His was always on the borderline of being HIGH and his mother and his brother have both been on blood pressure medication for about 15 years. I was afraid he was headed in the same direction.

I'm so with you when it comes to celebrating health. Yes pounds are good, health is amazing!
:yay:

Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls

In response to LilMsTexas' comment that we are a rowdy crowd

Postby Jules » August 9th, 2005, 2:09 pm

Great hearing that we diabetics are a rowdy crowd :mrgreen: That means we want to hear and tell it like it is......I think I'm really going to like posting on this sight......Started today and I think I can do it with y'alls help and expertise.....plus, being a rowdy crowd...HA! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Okay, bring on the info and the support....From the South, Jules....
Jules

Postby Debbie » September 13th, 2005, 11:19 am

That is such great news and also so encouraging to hear! I can't wait to go back to see my doctor....when I do I will update here on how that went.

*I have type 2 diabetes*
Debbie
Regular Member - #20 Club

Return to Diabetes