Sudden drop in blood sugar

Questions/Comments about Diabetes Products.

Sudden drop in blood sugar

Postby Jules » August 9th, 2005, 2:53 pm

Need some input from a diabetic medifaster that uses insulin injections....or anyone else who can help :| Took my first vanilla shake...before this, I also took by blood sugar reading....it was 111. As per status quo, I also "shot up" my insulin....10 units usually gets me.....Three hrs. later, I started to get that low blood sugar feeling :roll: ...took by blood sugar reading and it was down to 71! This time I just didn't bother to "shoot up"!! I just drank the shake.....Is this about par for the course....can I expect this for the duration.....just need some insight into this......This is my first day and I'm extremely hopeful and excited about this venture.....meaning, I won't cheat or get off this program until I see it through :mrgreen: Medifasting in Ga., Jules
Jules

Postby Unca_Tim » August 9th, 2005, 4:24 pm

Hi Jules,
I saw 24k's reply to your other post, and she's right. You should definitely be working closely with your doctor on this program.

You can also contact the TSFL medical staff at:
1-877-870-5704

There's also a Nurse's conference call on Monday nights that you may want to attend and ask questions and the Doctor's call on Wednesday nite. The phone numbers should have came with your first order, if you ordered through TSFL. If not, let me know and i'll send them to you.

Let us know how you make out....
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Blood sugar stabilized

Postby Jules » August 11th, 2005, 10:28 am

Through testing, I can say my blood sugar has stabilized....I am now taking less insuling....around 15 units a day instead of 40... :D....that is just wonderful...I am not experiencing the lows....I was just taking too much insulin and it was taking me too far down....feel great :D....I do not have the numbers for the nurse's conference calls on Monday evenings nor do I have the number for the doctor's call on Wednesday evenings....I did not order through TSFL....I guess that's why....I sure would like to have them...there might be more questions to come up...right now, I'm feelin' great and medifasting.....Thank you, Jules :)
Jules

Telephone Number for Nurse/Doctor Calls

Postby Jules » August 11th, 2005, 1:04 pm

I found the numbers for the Nurse/Doctor calls on Mondays and Wednesdays just by chance. They can be found under "Order Info/Support Calls". Glad I found them. :) Jules
Jules

Postby Unca_Tim » August 11th, 2005, 4:25 pm

Good show Jules,
Glad you found them. Eveyone should take advantage of the calls.
They're all very informative.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Diabetes