New and ready to drop 20 pounds

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New and ready to drop 20 pounds

Postby RHaajha » June 23rd, 2004, 8:25 pm

I have done Medifast last year and lost 78 pounds. I was just ready for a break and went off. I have kept the weight off and am ready to get rid of 20 more. I currently weigh 153 and am 5'8". I hope to beable to fit into a size 6. After going off medifast and losing the 78 pounds I had a tummy tuck. I can wear a bikini for the first time ever in my entire life. I just want a bit more sculpted look.
RHaajha

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » June 23rd, 2004, 9:04 pm

Hi! :wave:

Wow 78 pounds down! That's about as much as I want to lose so it's nice to hear success stories like yours. Welcome back and thanks for sharing your previous MF achievements. It's inspiring! Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby star85 » June 24th, 2004, 3:57 am

Welcome RHaajha,
I'm also almost 5'8" and after having my twins I lost the weight and went back down to 133 lbs. At 133 lbs. I was a size 4, so you will definitely be at least a size 6 at your height if you lose 20 more pounds. I was thinking about a tummy tuck if I lose this weight I've gained because of having twins my stomach is no longer the same. I've heard a tummy tuck is major surgery with a long recuperation time. Could you share a little about your experience with having the tummy tuck, the results, and what recuperation was like? How long did it take you to lose the 78 lbs.? Good luck....

Thanks,
Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Great Job

Postby lajune2 » June 24th, 2004, 5:42 am

All I can say is YOU GO GIRL. I have been considering a tummy tuck. How long did it take for recovery. I am sure you can do it. JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN.
lajune2

Postby explorthis » June 24th, 2004, 6:55 am

RHaajha,
Welcome back. 78 pounds is a major accomplishment. I can see the questions flying already…. Out of curiosity, could you tell me how you maintained your 78 pound loss for (how ever long it was)? You don’t have to go into extreme detail, but something generic and basic would be helpful.

I also have lost quite a chunk (113#) on Medifast, and have maintained it for almost 6 months, but am curious of others that have done it. What is your success process?

Also I am interested in your “tuck” as is lajune and Kelyn. If you could elaborate on this also, I would appreciate it……..

Welcome –

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

tummy tuck

Postby trish » June 24th, 2004, 8:53 am

i'm thinking about a tummy tuck also. Did you have any problems or much pain?

Did you by any chance use a dr. in the Dallas, Tx area?

Any info about tummy tucks would be great.

Thanks
Texas trish :secret:
trish

Postby RHaajha » July 6th, 2004, 5:19 am

I have returned. I haven't had a spare minute to chat on line. Some answers to the many question on the tummy tuck.

Was it painful? Yes, there was pain. I had to take 2 vicodin every 4 hours for the first two days, and thereafter tylenol extra strength every 4-5. I think the worst of it was that since my doctor pulled the skin tight I couldn't stand up straight so my lower back hurt.

Was it worth it? With out a doubt in my mind. YES> see I never had stretch marks so my stomach looks better now than before I had children.

The scar? Runs horizontal, but flat from side to side. It is still red but will fade to a white thin line.

Medifast? Love it. It is hard to get started sometimes, but I just take 3 hours at a time for the first week or so. I do exercise every day and I did notice the decrease in rate of weight loss if you exercise too intensly.

So I have recieved all of my products, Fourth of July is over and hopefully I will lose my 20 pounds by Aug 17th.

Good luck you guys and any other questions I would be happy to answer.
RHaajha

Postby RHaajha » July 6th, 2004, 5:28 am

Oh I saw Mike was interested in how I am keeping the weight off.

1. Exercise. I walk 3 miles every day and jog 1. Takes about 45 min.
I also do a strength training video usually 3 times a week.

2. Diet. Moderation. I do not eliminate anything. I do limit extensively
refined sugar. Not that I think it is awful, it just makes me tired. I do
focus me meals on protein, veggies, fiber, and then carbs.

3. Mental. I never ever want to see me looking that gross ever, ever
again. I couldn't believe that was me when I say a picture. I have
made a major overhaul in that area and again, I never want to be like
that again.

4. Now I just need some fine tuning. I need to lose 20 pounds to get a
more defined figure. I bit chiseled would be okay.

Good Luck to all of you and just focus on one shake at a time and use a mantra when you shake it, 5 times a day.

Blessings
Heather
RHaajha

Return to Come on in.