Need some encouragement

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Need some encouragement

Postby polka123 » July 18th, 2007, 12:18 pm

Hi,
My name is Mary and I have been considering Medi-Fast for some time.
Several years back I lost 100lbs and for the first time in my life was able to keep it off for several years. The last few years things have been out of control and I have been gaining steadily. I tried Weight Watchers and did good at first but then just completely went off. I do feel that I have a carb addiction and seem to do better on low carb/high protein. Right now I am miserable, I feel awful and have a hard time getting through the day.
I need to have a jump start and think that MediFast could provide a quick weight loss to get me motivated. Can any of you give me your honest opinion on how you are doing. I like the fact that I can have a normal dinner and think I will do ok with the other food. I just have to get my mind into it. I keep thinking of the money but this does not seem to be very costly compared to other programs. I think I am going to order the 4 weeks with one week free and just do it! Please motivate me someone.
polka123

Postby Mike » July 18th, 2007, 12:22 pm

Welcome Mary, you can do this. A few years ago I thought I would never be as healthy as I am today. Neither did my wife. We got on this program and are now healthier (and lighter).
I sent a PM with our MMT Profile so you could see some more on that end.
Check out the Studio and look at some of the other great results.
You are making the right choice. This is a great way to move toward a healthier you.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » July 18th, 2007, 12:26 pm

It works and the support you will get on this board is fantastic. I have lost almost 80 pounds on Medifast and don't think I could have done it without my friends here. I haven't been perfect but more days than not I have obviously been compliant. Once the weight starts coming off the supplements feel like a bargain. Even my cheapskate husband thinks they are great for me. I have been able to stay on Medifast through a host of emotional and mood difficulties. In short, IT WORKS WHEN YOU WORK IT! I also suggest you look at some studio pics. Those aren't people you see on TV those are people we know on this board. You can be one of them! When I started MF at 233 pounds I never thought I would place a picture of myself in a BATHING SUIT anywhere but the recycle bin. But it is there in the studio.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mickeyz » July 18th, 2007, 12:54 pm

Hi Mary,

This is the best solution I have ever found. It really does work.

Though you do lose weight quickly, I wouldn't consider this a quick weight loss plan. But you are right that seeing lbs come off can really get you motivated to continue with the plan and meet your goal.

I have lost 30+ lbs in 3 months. I feel better and look better than I have in years and I still have more to lose, but I know I can do it with MF. So can you!
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Jan » July 18th, 2007, 3:56 pm

Hi Mary,
This program works but remember you have to "work it". The very best way to part with the pounds is to be very very compliant... eat exactly what you are "supposed" too ... no more, no less. It's a great idea to have a scale so you can weight your lean portion of the "lean and green". Measure your veggies too. Chicken weighs less than you might expect and beef weighs more. You can do it!! It takes discipline. Make up your mind to do it and go for it.
On the personal side I was sooo certain I couldn't lose weight .. you would have been surprised at the conversations Nancy and I had over coffee ... "you can" ... "I can't" and on and on. I didn't even get on the scale for the first three weeks because I didn't want to disappoint myself and give up ... one day much to my surprise ( luckily I was in my backyard) my pants fell right off .. and so had 14 pounds!! The rest is as they say "history"
:mrgreen: jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby katieb920 » July 18th, 2007, 4:32 pm

bikipatra wrote: Even my cheapskate husband thinks they are great for me. I have been able to stay on Medifast through a host of emotional and mood difficulties.

This is the guy that took her to hong kong, bought her gorgeous pearls. That Jo(serendipity) has been eyeing.
You know i love you girl :hug:
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to The Weight Room