Need encouragement

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Need encouragement

Postby Robin » June 18th, 2007, 4:08 pm

I have been on the Medifast for the last year. I lost over 100 lbs. in the first six months. Since then, I have been struggling. I don't know what is going on. I just cannot seem to stay on the plan and keep slipping.

My Health Advisor is having serious health and family probs herself and is not available to talk to. I don't know anyone else personally that is on the TSFL program. I don't want to offend my advisor by requesting another one, but she is not available for me. I REALLY need help here. I want so much to lose this weight, I know this program works. I just cannot seem to stick with it.

I think having other women to talk with that have been through this would be great. Any encouragement, any tips on what has worked for you would be great.

Anyone ever have to request a new Health Advisor??? Is that acceptable, given the circumstances of the one I currently have??
I don't even know of any other ones in my area, the one I have now lives in my own town.

I am open to any suggestions anyone may have. HELP! Feeling desperate here!

Thank you all and God bless you!!

Robin
Robin

Postby Mike » June 18th, 2007, 6:09 pm

Robin,
Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties. Please register and then send a PM to me, Unca, or Nancy and let us know who your HA is so that maybe you can contact someone in their group for help. Other than that, you can lean on us all here.

Tell us all more about your struggles and perhaps we can help you out.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby HappyHomeMaker » June 19th, 2007, 4:58 am

Hi Robin, :wave:
Don't feel bad, I just switched my HA to Mike...the one who posted above. :tongue:

I'm sure your current HA would rather have you switch to someone who could help you, rather then fall off the plan.

You've lost 100lbs...woo hoo!! That is great and amazing. My only encouragement is that You've done an amazing job...don't blow it now.

Let me share something:

I lost about 45lbs with Medifast and then gained it all back...I was so depressed with myself. I look back now and the food wasn't worth it!! I didn't have an HA to help me. I do now!!

I would really make sure you have an HA that is active and helpful. I'm a little biased but Mike does a great job and is very knowledgeable. What I like about Mike is that if we have a question of a more personal nature, like women's issues...his wife can help..so It's like getting two for the price of one... :stroll:
God Bless,
Laura
HappyHomeMaker
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Serendipity » June 19th, 2007, 5:08 am

Robin, I think having the right health advisor is crucial. You need to take care of yourself first......yes, I say be selfish if you have to because getting healthy is so important! I changed health advisors mid stream because our personalities just didn't fit.

Regardless of what you decide, though, please stick around this forum.....you will be amazed at the help and support you can get here from this diverse group of losers. :mrgreen:

We've all bee where you are at some point.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Tawanda » June 19th, 2007, 6:08 am

Welcome Robin and congratulations on being a 100# loser! I hope you'll stay and share with us your story.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mickeyz » June 19th, 2007, 8:00 am

Hi Robin,

First of all, congrats for losing 100 lbs. That is something to be proud of. Don't lose sight of your goal. If getting a new HA is what it takes, I am sure your current HA would understand since she is unable to be available for you.

I was on MF about 2 years ago and lost 45 lbs. I had some issues with my HA. She was going through some personal stuff and became somewhat unkind. I ended up going off MF and gaining back about half the weight. I don't blame my HA, I just wish I would have found someone new right away. The support, knowledge and encouragement of a good HA is so important.

When I decide to go back on MF a couple months ago I actually emailed and talked to a couple different HA until I found a good match.

You can always come here for support. I have found this group to be great inspiration and lots of fun.

Good luck. BTW, Nancy is my HA.
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby bikipatra » June 19th, 2007, 9:09 am

I don't have an official health advisor but I do have someone who from the beginning kind of took me under her wing. I am also careful to read the literature and ask and use the advice of people (eventually)who have lost a lot more than I have and shared the same experiences and have loads of wisdom.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to Come on in.