Mike

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Mike » July 19th, 2006, 4:39 pm

Plateau is over. I knew it would come eventually. I have been struggling to lose for the past few weeks.. one pound in a month is just a long time. I got on the scale today and I am down 2 lbs. Woo hoo. I'm hoping this trend just continues for a while.
Many people experience plateaus, and I am used to them having had a gastric bypass and losing then levelling off for a while, then losing again. I learned early on that our bodies sometimes need time to get used to the fact that it is changing, and its losing its fat reserve. So, I don't stress too much when I don't lose for a week or two. I know that my body is just taking a breather.
I am however, very glad that my body's breather is done for now.
So, I'm gonna ride this wave for as long as it lasts until the next plateau. :D

In other news.... the temperature is down, and so its not so unbearable to be here at the fair. Its also nice having Dayna, and Di's mom here to help us.
My math class is over tomorrow, so I will be happy about that...... and......

My muffin tops are shrinking (go Wild.... the turkey man)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Prancer » July 19th, 2006, 5:01 pm

Mike your experience is helpful. You took the plateau much better then I did recently. Glad your numbers are going down again.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » July 21st, 2006, 12:43 pm

Well, today is July 21. Its my dad's birthday...:birthday: he would have been 73. He had diabetes and basically he didn't take as good of care of himself as he should have. Before he died he had lost both legs, 3 fingers on one hand, was on dialysis, and had congestive heart failure a number of times. :cry:
I decided in 2003, when my health was headed the same way (I was diabetic, had high blood pressure, and was experiencing some of the things I noticed in him), that I didn't want that for me, or for Di to have to deal with either. So I started my weight loss journey.:shock:
I had gastric bypass, lost 160 lbs, then gained back 45. Then I started Medifast. Since April I have lost over 50 lbs. I feel wonderful, and I am now at a weight that I haven't seen since I was about 14-15 years old.
I know that thios is something that I can stick with the rest of my life if I decide to... and its just up to me.:thumbig:
I am so thankful that I have such a supporting wife, :hug: and family and friends. :goteam: I do wish that some of them would see the positive results that this program can bring them too... many of them need to be much healthier than they are... but that will be up to them. :bricks: Perhaps when they see the success that Diana and I have, it might affect them more. :buddies:
So, I guess thats what I am thinking today... and woo hoo, 294.4.. hehe. :kool:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby supermom » July 21st, 2006, 12:50 pm

Rock on Mike--you are doin great. I guess the fair is almost over---I hope ya'll were able to drum up some good business! I just have to ask though---how hard was it to avoid all the fair food??? We have the BEST fair food EVER here! I probably won't even go to the fair this year because I don't think I can say "NO" to it.
supermom

Postby Mike » July 21st, 2006, 1:23 pm

We didn't totally avoid it. Most days we went and got our L&G and brought it in. Others we did 6 supplements. Once day I put together and L&G (it was expensive) but some places have green salads. Twice we had BBQ Chicken with coleslaw and no beans or bread. It was very good chicken. Still, no cotton candy, no corndogs(eventhough I am dying for one), no ice creams, etc.
Its hard, but its worth it.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby SharonR » July 22nd, 2006, 7:51 am

The chicken on a stick was very tasty!

Your doing great Mike, Keep up the good work! I will look forward to seeing your weigh in tomorrow and that ticker moving DOWNNN...
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Mike » July 22nd, 2006, 9:32 am

Yee haw! I weighed this morning and I'm down 3.8 lbs this week. Hehe. Can'rt wait til tomorrow for official weigh in. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Mike » July 24th, 2006, 10:33 pm

I spent most of my day with my brother and my cousins (and my mom). This afternoon I spent it discussing MF and doing a tasting with my cousin and her daughter. I think my cousin is at a point where she thinks she might be able to give up all of the things she is holding onto, and try MF.:yes:
Her daughter, after the tasting, decided after many e-mails with Di, to sign up. :yay: As for my brother, I don't think he has decided what he is ready for yet. He only needs to lose about 25#, but I think he would be a great help to others in the program as well.:pet: His issue is the $$, so we will see how it goes for him.
So, yea for more people on the road to healthy lives. :buddies:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Prancer » July 25th, 2006, 6:02 am

Mike you are quite the MF pusher. If it were a drug you would be on the DEA's most wanted list!
Prancer

Postby Diana » July 25th, 2006, 6:36 am

LOL, Jenn! Too true, too true!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Mike » July 26th, 2006, 3:28 pm

Okay, so when I started on this forum, I figured I wouldn't want to be simple and have my name as just, well, my name. I used my e-mail name of mrmmac. Well, I changed my mind, and asked Unca if I could change it to something like Mike. He said, how about... Mike. I was actually amazed that nobody else had snatched up this awesome name. So, I will henceforth and hitherto be just good ol' Mike. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Mike » July 29th, 2006, 11:07 pm

So, here I am in a motel room in Seaside/Monterey with Di watching The Replacements with Di (funny movie). Yesterday we went to the Garlic Festival with Carmel (heard her sing... she's very good). We had a great time, but it was kinda hot so we came back home at about 4 PM. We did our best to stay on plan with the L&G (stuffed mushrooms not withstanding).
Today we visited the National Steinbeck Center in Salinas, great place to go. After that we went to a place called Wild Things, which is where a guy houses a bunch of animals and trains them for use in movies and TV. Also a refuge for some animals. Got some pictures, it was a great tour (and the Tigers were great). They have some bungalos there that you can stay at, and the elephants will bring you breakfast (for you and them).
Tonight we went to the theater and finally got to see Pirates of the Carribean 2. Great film, Johnny Depp is of course the greatest.
Anyhow, tomorrow we go whale watching and ?? after that. We are just having a great time taking it easy and relaxing.
:D
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Mike » July 30th, 2006, 3:58 pm

Whew. Just returned from whale watching this morning. What a day. It was a fabulous experience... lots of Risso Dolphins and Humpbacks, I got about 50 pics of them.
We had lunch and then decided it was time for a break. We are resting up and then may go out to do something later.
Aquarium tomorrow... :thumbig: :whoohoo:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Mike » July 31st, 2006, 9:29 pm

Today was so much fun. We went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and boy has it changed. There are some areas that are very different, and they now have a bridge inside to go from one side to the other on level 2. There are jellyfish everywhere, and the shark exhibit (which is leaving Sept 4) was great. We had an awesome, yet tiring day. Afterwards we walked around Cannery Row, then took a drive to Pacific Grove (in search of a good place for a Crab Salad - no luck), and to check out the Museum of Natural History - which was closed. We drove back to Seaside to go to one restaurant, which didn't have crab :cry: and so we ended up going back to the Old Wharf and had a crab salad there.
We just love this area, and if it weren't for the cost to live here, and a few other factors, we would love to live here... sigh.... :|
Tomorrow we are going to head to Moss Landing for some time on the beach, and then to Hectors in Freedom (home of their world famous tortillas - which we aren't having :cry: ), but they do make some slammin' bbq chicken, which we are going to bring back here and have for our lean and green.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby Sojourner » July 31st, 2006, 9:43 pm

Wow, is sounds as though you two are having a great time! How long will you be there? One of my sisters will be moving to Pacific Grove very shortly, so I'll be visiting there more frequently myself. It's SO beautiful.

Hey, congrats on getting an "A" in your class! Doesn't that feel great? It makes all that time and effort worthwhile, doesn't it?

:hi5:

Enjoy the rest of your vacation, and smell a tortilla for me, will 'ya?

Hasta!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal