My medifast appointment is 12/08/2007

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

My medifast appointment is 12/08/2007

Postby Exotic » December 8th, 2007, 2:00 am

Hi, All

I've deciced to try Medifast, My appointment is today. I recieved my samples in the mail yesterday; 2 of them. I got the dutch chocolate and a chocolate bar. I wondered about the taste. I hope it doesn't taste too bad; I've gotta lose this weight. It's driving me crazy. I would like to lose 50 Pounds; it's gonna be hard, but I know I can do it. I will need lots of help with deciding what ones taste okay. So, keep your ear open and give me some recipes to lose this weight. I can't take it anymore help!

Exotic
Last edited by Exotic on December 8th, 2007, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exotic
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 8th, 2007, 3:15 am

I am glad you have made a decision to change your life. As far as suggestions on items that taste good, you would proably get a different response from almost every board member. The ready to drink (RTD) shakes seem to be popular, the rest just depends on personal taste. And as you are on Medifast your tastes are likely to change. The first Medifast order is usually a variety pack that lets you sample different items and then when placing your next order there may be things you want to eliminate or try items that weren't in your shipment. Many people also buy exracts or sugar free syrups to flavor things like shakes, oatmeals and puddings. We have a whole section of recipes here on the board. I always reminded myself that I was not at brunch at the Ritz Carlton, I was on Medifast. No, the supplements weren't the best things I have ever tasted in my life. But it was all the best tasting things that got me to 233 pounds. I didn't feel I was suffering but when I got bored, I would just consider it beauty pain. Kind of like recovering from exercise or having braces. You won't be on Medifast forever. If you follow the program exactly as it is intended, the weight you lose will certainly make up for any lack of gourmet qualities of the supplements. And it really doesn't have to be that hard. It gets hard when you go off plan so try to remain compliant. Read your Quickstart Guide. No, read it twice. If you have any questions, please bring them here so we can help. 5/1-water. It's that simple.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby katieb920 » December 8th, 2007, 7:00 am

Biki I said this once before. YOO WOULD BE A GREAT HEALTH ADVISOR. You know everyhting you need to know about Medifast. Just a thought.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » December 8th, 2007, 7:18 am

What BIKI said!!

Welcome to the program - you will love the way it makes you feel! If you are compliant the weight will fall off! I've been on plan for 64ish days and I am down nearly 32 pounds and greater than 40 inches.

BTW: Your two samples are my FAVORITE items! They're pretty much what I live on! I love eating chocolate and losing weight :-)

GOOD LUCK!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby lifelovinaries » December 8th, 2007, 8:25 am

Welcome to the forum exotic! Like biki said, it will be hard to judge what meals taste "good" because EVERYONE is different. For example, many people LOVE the banana pudding, personally i think it tastes like wall plaster (if i could imagine what that tastes like). Your tastes change over time. Things you may not like in the beginning become your favorite in a few weeks. Now, for being on the plan...please take note: IT IS EASIER TO REMAIN COMPLIANT THAN TO START OVER This was learned from experience. My experience as well as the experience of others. These are easy words to read but much harder to believe. May have to learn the hard way. Jump right in and just do it. I wish you luck and we are ALWAYS here for you.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: My medifast appointment is 12/08/2007

Postby Mike » December 8th, 2007, 8:26 am

Exotic wrote:Hi, All

I got the dutch chocolate and a chocolate bar. I wondered about the taste. I hope it doesn't taste too bad

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Its not whether it will taste too bad, but rather, you will love how great they taste. It was the chocolate shakes that told my wife that she CAN do this program. It was the chocolate pudding for me (and then I tried a bar... ooooooo weeeeee).

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby bikipatra » December 8th, 2007, 8:36 am

lifelovinaries wrote:. Now, for being on the plan...[/color]please take note: IT IS EASIER TO REMAIN COMPLIANT THAN TO START OVER This was learned from experience. My experience as well as the experience of others. These are easy words to read but much harder to believe. May have to learn the hard way. [/color]

Ditto. Ditto . Ditto. My original goal date was July 25 and I just made it a few days ago. While I am very happy and proud of my accomplishment, if I had remained compliant I am sure I would have reached goal much sooner. Except for a week in the hospital, I was never non-compliant for more than a few minutes, but just those little slips, the time it took to eat a jelly sammich, pushed me back time and time again.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Exotic » December 8th, 2007, 9:07 am

Thanks everyone. I feel like I'm at home. You guys are great. I will continue to need some major support. I work very long hours and I have just denied my body; because I try to make sure everyone around me is okay. I am a Director Of Nurses and that is so much stress; some day I don't eat anything I can't believe I'm not the size of a pencil. Ha ha

Thanks for all of the very much needed cheering. Should I tell my husband; I'm doing Medifast or just let him see the weight falling off. He knows about my plan to get the weight off; but I haven't told him how I'm going to do it. Help me out. All suggestions (good, bad, and Ugly) Ha Ha Ha Ha

Exotic
Exotic

Postby CGal67 » December 8th, 2007, 10:56 am

Exotic wrote:Thanks everyone. I feel like I'm at home. You guys are great. I will continue to need some major support. I work very long hours and I have just denied my body; because I try to make sure everyone around me is okay. I am a Director Of Nurses and that is so much stress; some day I don't eat anything I can't believe I'm not the size of a pencil. Ha ha

Thanks for all of the very much needed cheering. Should I tell my husband; I'm doing Medifast or just let him see the weight falling off. He knows about my plan to get the weight off; but I haven't told him how I'm going to do it. Help me out. All suggestions (good, bad, and Ugly) Ha Ha Ha Ha

Exotic

Hello and welcome!! :D

I am pretty much a newbie having started the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Today I hit 11 pounds lost and I am more than happy with the choice to start Medifast, which by the way is an awesome plan! I love all the shake flavors and really enjoy the chocolate pudding. I like the fact that I can eat my one Lean & Green meal because that is where I feel like I am "teaching" myself how to eat right for the future!!

I haven't felt deprived in any way and enjoy looking forward to each day on MF! The people on this site are SUPER advisors...every single one of them!! That includes those who are losing and those who have hit goal!

Wishing you success!!!

Carrie
Scale Junkies Association
Proud Member

Started MF: 11/25/2007
210/184/130ish
CGal67
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Exotic » December 8th, 2007, 3:15 pm

went for my appointment at Medifast today; however, I didn't sign up for there minimum amount of weeks which is 16 weeks. I told them I was interested in losing 50 pounds and I was told that starting now by April 2008; I would be down 50 pounds. My products cost me $306.28; I'm sure I could have ordered on-line for cheaper. They informed me that I could only buy from them once. I desperately wanted to get started so I went ahead and purchased 20 boxes. The chocolate bar and chocolate shake was okay; I wasn't totally crazy about it and I was totally not for it. I feel some where in between. I did drank my shake warm; I hope that's okay. I seem to tolerate it better when I heat it up. I need recipe suggestions. I was told at the medifast clinic that since I wasn't signing up for a program; they would not be able to guide me at all. I couldn't believe that no one told me not to purchase more that 4 boxes of bars. I knew that I had to limit the bars to 4 boxes; because I had seen it on the Medifast website. I will began full force on 12/09/2007. However, I have had my 2 samples today and I'm not feeling very hungry. Can someone tell me the schedule on which they do there shakes daily.

Thanks for everything. Everybody.
Exotic

Postby lifelovinaries » December 8th, 2007, 3:32 pm

Scheduling is individual. It will really depend on what time your day starts and ends. My day is basically as follows:
7 am shake
9:30 oatmeal
12:00 L&G
3:00 bar
6:00 shake or other supplement
8:00 shake or other supplement

I have recently been sticking to shakes as opposed to the other supplements. I do stick in puddings here or there but i haven't been on a soup/chili kick recently. Depending on the carb count of my L&G (or my hunger level) will determine whether i have a bar or just another shake. Each day tends to be different. I love this program because it allows for variations while still remaining simple, straight and to the point. Which is what i need. I am really surprised that the center just kinda gave you the stuff and sent you on your way. As far as recipes are concerned, there is a whole section of recipes here on the forum. I do not really try the recipes because as i said, i like to keep it simple. If you haven't already, just search for Health Advisor (HA) here on the forum and go with whom you feel comfortable.

lifelovinaries

I was surprise too!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Exotic » December 8th, 2007, 11:20 pm

Thanks Erica,

Yes, they did send me on my way after I told them I wasn't interested in signing up for one of the program. I couldn't believe it either. Also, I can't purchase another month supply from them either. I have to order on-line. Sunday is a big day for me. How long have you been on medifast?

I'm excited and nervous.

Exotic

Exotic

Postby Mike » December 8th, 2007, 11:55 pm

Sounds ridiculous to me.

As for recipes and such, try the Lean Cuisine section here... lots of ways to make the products taste different. Yes you can have the shakes warm.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Recipes

Postby Exotic » December 9th, 2007, 12:04 am

Thank you. I should have come here a long time ago.Image
ImageImage

I couldn't resist doing that! Smile

Exotic

Exotic

Re: I was surprise too!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby lifelovinaries » December 9th, 2007, 1:00 am

Exotic wrote:Thanks Erica,

Yes, they did send me on my way after I told them I wasn't interested in signing up for one of the program. I couldn't believe it either. Also, I can't purchase another month supply from them either. I have to order on-line. Sunday is a big day for me. How long have you been on medifast?
I'm excited and nervous.
Exotic

THIS TIME...i have officially been OP (on plan) for 49 days (as of Sunday). My start date was 10/22/07. i originally started April 9, 2006. I fell off and tried restarting SOOOO many times (that's how i know it is difficult). When i first started, i lost 22lbs before falling off the wagon. I returned to my poor eating habits and after a while the pounds crept back on. They came back slowly so i fooled myself into thinking i wasn't gaining much weight. So, by the time i started again recently, i had gained back my 22lbs plus 3 or 4 more. This time i have vowed to see it thru to the end. i am TRULY on a mission. i have a little friendly competition going and everyone here keeps me motivated. Word to the wise: positive attitude is key!!!Just keep that in mind. If you are feeling discouraged or down, come here and post...or at least read thru some of the threads. You will find that you will get a little extra wind beneath your wings or at least an uplifting chuckle. I am wishing you the best of luck! BTW, grab one of our HA's they will help you with your future orders. oh, i almost forgot, if you havent already, be sure to start a journal here. It REALLY helps.

lifelovinaries

Next

Return to Weight Loss