May 2007 Specials

Check in for our Monthly Specials.

May 2007 Specials

Postby Nancy » May 1st, 2007, 12:30 pm

:wave: Hullo and :byebye: Howdy MakeMeThinner Forum Folks ~

This month is off to a roaring start – a wonderful new product from the kitchens of Medifast –

Maryland Crab Soup.

We think you will like it as much as we do. :eat:

This flavorful soup is approved for diabetics since it has only 2 grams of sugars and is lactose-free. It has tomato, carrots, peas, green beans, celery, corn and cabbage flakes
( :secret: Shhh…don’t tell my husband! He HATES cabbage but :heart: loves the Maryland Crab Soup! ;) )

Here are the nutritional stats:

Maryland Crab Soup
13 g Protein (10 grams soy protein)
15 g Carbs
4 g Fiber
1 g Fat

2 g Sugar
Calories 110
390 mg Sodium
470 mg Potassium

$14.50 per box of 7 meal packets.

We :tongue: like it with a packet of Medifast Garden Vegetable snack crackers. ($3.50 per box of 7 packettes.)

You may have 1 Medifast snack per day – either the snack crackers or a packet of the Medifast Fast Soup or a package of the Medifast Soy Crisps.)

Need a portable meal for those :nana: crazy days when you have meetings, appointments and need to :drive: get the kids to their swim lessons on time? :huh:

The Medifast meal bars are perfect for a quick meal that tastes great and is packed with nutrition. If you are on the 5 & 1 Plan for weight loss, you may use one meal bar per day.

For best results, we recommend that you do not use the meal bars for the first or the last meal of the day because of their higher carb and calorie count. Meal bars are great for after a :jumprope: workout or during the busy time of day.

Much lower in sodium and calories than the typical bar available at the grocery store, Medifast meal bars taste great.

Fruit and Nut Granola Bars sale priced at $13 per box of 7 meal bars. (Regular price $15.25)

These delicious meal bars are packed with oatmeal, raisins, cranberries and almonds and each bar contains 7 grams of heart-healthy soy protein.

10 g protein
24 G Carbs
1 g fiber
3 g fat
10 g sugar

Calories 160
140 mg sodium
340 mg potassium

:shock: Oh, boy! :shades: Looky here!

S’more meal bars are on sale this month! :yay:

Yup, the S’more Bars are sale priced at $13 a box of 7 bars.

These meal replacement bars taste great and provide just enough chocolate when ya have a hankering for something sweet.

Regularly priced $15.25.

Each S’more bar contains:
10 g protein (7 grams of soy)
24 g carbs
1 g fiber
3 grams fat
10 g sugar

160 calories
150 mg sodium
280 mg potassium

We like to unwrap the S’more bars,
place on a paper towel and nuke for 5 seconds – it makes the marshmallows gooey and softens the chocolate chips.

It’s kinda like going on a camping trip with no ‘skeeters!
We hope you like them. :yeah:

:secret: BTW, the Medifast S’more Bars are a real favorite for kids. :yes:

They make an ideal after school snack or coupled with a Ready To Drink Shake, they are a great energizer for kids as they head off for soccer practice. Remember, Medifast meal replacements contain no questionable herbs; they are safe for youngsters and oldsters alike. :clap:

It’s that time of the year when people are pulling weeds, preparing the soil for their summer gardens and playing tennis after work; it’s also time for arthritis or joint injuries to flare up and cause some :twisted: unwelcome pain. Arthritis is not just a malady of older folks; it’s showing up in younger people, too.

The Medifast Plus for Joint Health Shakes provide a nutritional approach to dealing with joint pain.
Medifast uses the finest ingredients and the purest form of glucosamine and chondroitin.
Available in Chocolate or Vanilla flavor these shakes are sale priced at $11 per box of 7 packets. (Regularly $14.50 per box)

They may be used for folks on the 5 & 1 weight loss phase, for people on maintenance and as a nutritional supplement.

We recommend using 2-3 shakes per day initially for six weeks to build up an effective level and then 1-2 per day for maintenance.

Medifast Plus For Joint Health Shakes

15 g protein (9 grams soy, 6 g whey)
11 g carbs
3 g fiber
1 g fat

6 grams sugar
Calories 100

:cateye: Summer is coming and that means NOW is the time to get into shape for shorts and :brickwall: bathing suits. We have about one month until Memorial Day gatherings and about 8 weeks until summer officially arrives. Don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today!

Call your Health Advisor, place an order for some of these great meal replacements, go over your goals with your Health Coach and decide to get ‘er done!

Nothing tastes as great as thin feels.

Reducing your weight by 10% reduces the risks for disease by 50% - you can do it!

When June and July roll around, you’ll be glad you made the decision today.
:toast:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Seaside » May 2nd, 2007, 6:33 am

Golly, wish I weren't allergic to crab -- that soup sounds really good. However, the joint health drinks sound excellent and I may have to try them!
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » May 2nd, 2007, 9:30 am

Dear Seaside ~

:scratchhead: Hmmm...your name is Seaside and you must avoid crab, eh?

:pet: Aw, too bad. :whattha: That means you must :couch: avoid a lot of people, especially in the early morning or steer clear of people on weight loss programs, huh? :dunno:

If you are allergic to crab, perhaps you must avoid other shellfish or fish...just in case, chondroitin is uh...extracted from shark cartilage.

Yeah, yeah, I know…
If there are shark lovers out there, remember, I am the messenger here, not the one who kills the sharks and strips 'em of their cartilage and sets ‘em free to wibble wobble thru polluted waters.

Chondroitin and Glucosamine are naturally occurring in us - it is produced in our bods and helps to maintain our joint cartilage. When it breaks down, we sometimes need help :help: Boy, Howdy! Do I need help! :help:

Both have been shown to be effective in treating :brickwall: injuries and for people with osteoarthritis (my family greatly benefits from the Joint Health shakes as recommended by our doc).

Medifast uses glucosamine hydrochloride.

There has been some debate about shark cartilage reducing some cancers but that is not the issue I wish to address here, as there are no claims regarding that. Chondroitin has been used to treat people with osteoarthritis - referred to as the "other :oops: big O" by many people in my age bracket :lol: and by those whose obesity continues to plague their hip, knee and foot joints. :x It has anti-inflammatory benefits and I can attest to it.

Medifast uses superior ingredients in all their products; it undergoes strict regulations as outlined by the Federal Drug Administration. They are they Big Dudes with Pinocchio Noses (hey, have you seen that Domino Pizza commercial where the guy with the big eyes talks about how good it looks, the guy with the big beak takes a big whiffy of it and then the guy with the big mouth salivates for a hunk of the dominator heart stopper? Sheesh! How easily I digress. It’s what I do…) Anyway, the FDA Dudes are not gonna put their stamp on mediocre stuff.

:puter: Seaside, it is possible to be allergic to shark cartilage.

( :secret: BTW, I saw one once.

Like up :shades: close and personal.

Our daughter Becky and I were snorkeling in about 20 foot waters off shore of Kauai and we :question: saw something swim by – I will never forget its :shock: eyes.

We both :whattha: screamed (as well as one wearing a snorkel can scream),”predator!” we high-tailed our hineys outta that water and onto the beach ASAP.

It :nana: freaked us out.

It was about 6 weeks after our encounter of a sharkish kind that 13 year-old Bethany Hamilton lost her lower arm to a shark attack. :tears:

P.S. :scratchhead: Evidently Medifast doesn’t help people organize their thoughts and stick to the topic at hand, eh?
:huh:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Pashta » May 2nd, 2007, 10:28 am

Nancy wrote:P.S. :scratchhead: Evidently Medifast doesn’t help people organize their thoughts and stick to the topic at hand, eh?
:huh:

LOL! :roflmao:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Seaside » May 2nd, 2007, 10:44 am

My, my, that was an interesting post, Nancy.

Yes, I am allergic to shellfish like shrimp, crab and lobster as well as nuts like cashew and pistachio (and mangoes, which are all in the same plant family as poison ivy). It doesn't keep me from eating them, though. I'm from SC so when I go home it's unpatriotic of me not to eat crabcakes or shrimp n'grits, so I just keep the ol' Benadryl handy. But I save up for that by avoiding shellfish when I'm not home.

I've had glucosamine and chondroitin before w/o problem.

Even as I write I have a nice rash on my mouth because I could not resist a couple of cashews. :oops:
Seaside
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » May 2nd, 2007, 11:59 am

I was thinking while reading this... perhaps Nancy has adult ADD?? :twisted:

Just kidding. Interesting anecdotes.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » May 2nd, 2007, 9:53 pm

I think my scattered thoughts are attributed to all the years of teaching elementary school - teachers can relate to the ping-pong ball progression of topics bouncing around in a classroom. In addition to teaching multiple grades, I spent many years teaching children with dyslexia and training teachers how to teach using a multi-sensory approach. Many of my students with dyslexia had overlays such as ADD, ADDHD, and Aspergers Syndrome; each was dearly loved and unique.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mike » May 2nd, 2007, 10:43 pm

Which is probably why Di and I relate so well to you Nancy.... we experience these things (as well as a few others on the board) everyday.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Monthly Specials