February 2007 Medifast Special

Check in for our Monthly Specials.

February 2007 Medifast Special

Postby Nancy » February 1st, 2007, 12:29 pm

:byebye: Howdies from the Heart to our MakeMeThinner Forum People!

Just in time for National Heart Health Awareness Month, TSFL is featuring their great Medifast Plus for Coronary Health shakes.

Medifast Chocolate Plus for Coronary Health (Item #72200) was $14.50 per box of 7 packets, now sale priced $11.00/ box.

Medifast Strawberry Plus for Coronary Health (Item #72300) was $14.50 per box, now on sale for $11.00.

:glasses: I suggest the Chocolate Flavor...

Some studies show Pycnogenol and coenzyme Q 10 may enhance our cardiovascular health by preventing plaque buildup.

My Mom used to worry about waxy build-up on her kitchen floor and now the modern mother worries about waxy cholesterol build-up in the arteries of her family!

These shakes are not just for folks over fifty or for the high anxiety :whattha: Type A Personality Peeps either.

Traditionally one thinks of men in their fifties as being more susceptible to heart disease and heart attacks and yet, heart disease is the leading cause of death among American women.

We have female clients in their mid-thirties now using the Medifast Plus For Coronary Health because of heredity factors and their lifestyle – some are overweight :smoke: smokers with highly :redhead: stressful jobs and they appreciate being able to have two heart healthy shakes a day. It will not cancel out the negative things they are doing to their body but it does provide them with a better choice than grabbing a Snackers bar and washing it down with a triple quadruple caramel dulce flabbte with whip!

The Coronary Health shakes contain:
9 grams of soy protein
3 grams whey protein
are low lactose
Vegetarian – approved
Potassium fortified with 450 mg potassium
(The chocolate has 2.2 mg Caffeine per shake)

Nutritional Analysis
1 gram total fat
(Of course there is zero grams trans fat, 0 grams saturated fat)
14 grams protein
Total carbs 11 grams
6 grams sugar
3 grams dietary fiber

Each heart-healthy shake also contains:

2,000 mg Pycnogenol®
2000 mcg Coenzyme Q10

Amino Acids
110 mg L- Carnitine
150 mg L- Glutamine (free form and peptide)
50 mg L- Isoleucine
100 mg L-Leucine
50 mg L- Valine®

Vitamins and Minerals
1 mg Boron
50 mg Choline
50 mg Inositol
10 mg PABA

:secret: Have you had a risk assessment done to determine your risk for having a heart attack?

The Framingham Heart Study indicates…

People with higher blood pressure are at greater risk for heart disease and heart attacks.

Doctors look at the ‘top’ number of your blood pressure, the systolic blood pressure reading. It is good to have a systolic blood pressure under 120.

:smoke: Smokers are at higher risk. We :boing: rejoice with those of you who determined to become smoke-free this year!

The higher our total cholesterol, the greater at risk we are for heart disease.

Less than 200 mg/dL is considered to be a :angel: desirable level and lowers the risk of heart disease.

240 mg/dL and above is considered “High’ blood cholesterol and places a person at twice the risk of heart disease compared to someone whose cholesterol is lower than 200 mg/dL

I tell ya, I was :shock: freaked out about my heart health when my Grandmother was diagnosed with atherosclerosis (narrowing arteries clogged by cholesterol) and when my Daddy had a massive heart attack.

When I started on my Medifast weight loss journey in 2002, I was rather portly and a physical wreck. I puffed walking down the hall to the sandbox.

My BP was 144/90 and my Cholesterol level was approaching the same number as my weight… :help:
Some say we are what we eat.
:roll: Gulp! I used to eat a whole lotta butter.
In fact, with a BMI of 43, I was nearly half butter!

I am so thankful for the changes we made in our lifestyle! As a result of the foods we’ve learned to eat while on the terrific TSFL programs, my husband lost half his wife and improved his own heart health, too.

At my recent health check-up my doctor told me that my tests show that our diet is completely protective of our heart.
My numbers are excellent -
BP is 98/64
Cholesterol 160
HDL is 75
LDL is 71

If heart disease is a concern, be sure to check with your physician and make the changes necessary to improve your health.

Do all you can to manage your weight, incorporate exercise into your daily routine, choose the right :bib: foods and prepare them in a healthy way. :chef:

This will be the best :heart: Valentine gift you can give to yourself!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Mike » February 3rd, 2007, 1:02 am

And to think, I just ordered some for my mom 2 days ago :cry:
Well, at least the big order (her new BESLIM) will be cheaper.. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Please help...

Postby gillian » February 6th, 2007, 1:59 pm

OK UNCA- you know my caffine question... would this replace two caff drinks per day? I can only have two of these shakes per day?
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » February 6th, 2007, 2:50 pm

Hi Gillian,
I'm a little lost on your question..... :shock:

If you're talking about any of the health management shakes, you can have 3 a day.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby gillian » February 6th, 2007, 2:59 pm

OK not to be a goof. I did not know that. This one contains caffine. Would ta=hat replace my caffinated drinks for the day? You said I can only have three caffinated drinks daily... Do these shakes replace those beverage choices?

The chocolate has 2.2 mg Caffeine
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » February 6th, 2007, 6:36 pm

ahhhhh....sorry, I'm a little slow at times.....:)

2.2 mg of caffeine is minute, considering red bull contains 80mg and an average cup of joe contains over 100 mgs.

Most sodas with caffeine contain 30-50 mgs.

You can use your own discretion, but I'd probably still have a couple coffees along with these.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Unca is the best- again...

Postby gillian » February 6th, 2007, 6:43 pm

Thanks Man!! Have a groovy day!!
Gillian
gillian
Preferred member

Re: Unca is the best- again...

Postby Mike » February 6th, 2007, 8:46 pm

gillian wrote:Thanks Man!! Have a groovy day!!

I feel like I'm back in 1978 or something. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 6th, 2007, 9:20 pm

Far out.....
:easyrider:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » February 7th, 2007, 12:40 pm

Gillian and other groovy, far-out and very cool People ~

I only mentioned the caffeine in my post ^ there because some heart patients want to know how much caffeine they are getting. Medifast does not add extra caffeine to any of its products; chocolate by its very nature has caffeine. The Strawberry of the Plus for Coronary Health shakes has no caffeine.

For example the Dutch Choc Medifast 55 shake has 2.25 mg of caffeine; the Swiss Mocha has 8.7 mg of caffeine, the French Vanilla. Strawberry Crème, Orange Crème and Bananner all have zippo.
For people that have a hard time getting to sleep at night, I recommend they avoid drinking the Swiss Mocha and the Chocolate shakes after their evening meal or they may be watching Late Night with Dave!

Chai Latte and Cappuccino are caffeine-free, the Hot Coco has 2.6 mg and Chocolate puddin’ 2.4mg Caffeine

Medifast products are manufactured in an FDA-inspected facility and every teensy little morsel of anything must be listed on its label – you know what you are getting. There are no questionable herbs or stimulants in any of our products and it is reassuring to know that every item is nutritional and safe for all ages – children and elder people alike enjoy Medifast meal replacements for their nutritional benefits, too. They are portable nutritious and balanced meals.

Other products sold over the counter in vitamin shoppes, pharmacies and discount warehouse, etc. do not list all the ingredients plus some weight loss products contain heavy loads of caffeine; ours do not.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby MerryMary » February 7th, 2007, 1:40 pm

Nancy wrote:Medifast products are manufactured in an FDA-inspected facility and every teensy little morsel of anything must be listed on its label – you know what you are getting. There are no questionable herbs or stimulants in any of our products and it is reassuring to know that every item is nutritional and safe for all ages – children and elder people alike enjoy Medifast meal replacements for their nutritional benefits, too. They are portable nutritious and balanced meals.

Besides the weight loss :) I think that is what I appreciate most about Medifast. After all, I am on the program to achieve better health. Why would I want to consume unnecessary (or even :twisted: harmful) ingredients?! I've tried several "health food" store gimics ... gimics to make them money, that is. Not so with Medifast. Medifast truly supports a healthy lifestyle!
:cheermed:

Mary
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

OP

Postby eddieHoustonTX » February 15th, 2007, 10:02 am

Nancy, are the OP shakes available any more?
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]
eddieHoustonTX
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Re: OP

Postby Unca_Tim » February 15th, 2007, 12:52 pm

eddieHoustonTX wrote:Nancy, are the OP shakes available any more?

OP?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Sorry!

Postby eddieHoustonTX » February 15th, 2007, 3:44 pm

ORANGE PINEAPPLE.
Edward Flinn
Houston, Texas USA
[/url]