Medifast and ebay

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Medifast and ebay

Postby Elke » September 17th, 2006, 7:45 pm

I was looking through ebay...my husband is looking to get a motor for a bike he is building...anyway I saw that you can get medifast on ebay so my question is...how safe is it? what are the risks? I noticed you can get it possible cheaper but I am thinking there has to be a catch...what is it?
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » September 17th, 2006, 7:49 pm

Might be expired packets? That's all I can think of... well, and I guess it is possible, like with any eBay sale, to get scammed (pay and get no product) but I think that is a rare occurence. You can check the seller's ratings and judge their integrity by that record...
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby supermom » September 17th, 2006, 8:19 pm

And, you never know how and where the packages were stored. Were they stored in a place where there are animals that like to "mark" their territory? Were they stored in a home where there is a lot of smoke, so the packets will be infused with smoke, etc.... I can tell you honestly that my mom bought me a TON of stuff off EBay back in the summer. No kidding. She got me almost 3 months worth of stuff. I had no problems with any of them. For the most part, the sellers will be honest with you about the condition and age of the item being sold. If you are concerned about the expiration date, ask them to send you a picture of the packet or box showing the date.
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby sidrah » September 17th, 2006, 10:10 pm

I got loads of stuff from there and all but 4 packets of cocoa were just fine. The cocoa was expiring within the month. It was cheaper, yes, but some of the stuff is ridiculously expensive. I often ownder how people cannot just comprison shop and get sucked into a box of salad dressing packets for 18 dollars.
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Elke » September 18th, 2006, 6:00 am

Thanks for your post. I don't know that I will buy from there from time to time but maybe just nice to know its there when things get tough.
Elke

Postby Elizabeth » September 18th, 2006, 8:53 am

Always ask for expiration date before you bid.

I recently purchased a box of chicken noodle soup (not expired yet as listed). The seller told me that the package was returned from the post office damaged. She told me that could send me chicken/rice and I agreed I'd take that in place. I received it last week one day before expiration. Its not worth the hassle anymore to me. I am just going to buy from my HA.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 18th, 2006, 8:55 am

sidrah wrote:I got loads of stuff from there and all but 4 packets of cocoa were just fine. The cocoa was expiring within the month. It was cheaper, yes, but some of the stuff is ridiculously expensive. I often ownder how people cannot just comprison shop and get sucked into a box of salad dressing packets for 18 dollars.

I believe Heath Advisors are selling there (thats why it is expensive...almost more expensive if you were to buy it normally)
Elizabeth

Postby JeepGirl » September 18th, 2006, 9:12 am

I admit I bought some off Ebay before joining to see how it was. I was pleased with what I purchased. I havent since because I buy weeks worth at time from here.

It is just like anything else on Ebay..check seller feedback and reputation. I wouldnt buy it from someone with like 5 feedback which were from the transmissions they sold(and stuff like that)

**The Ebay Guru**
JeepGirl

Postby Prancer » September 18th, 2006, 9:45 am

Here I am the sister of the Guru, one may call me Guru in training.

I wouldnt have anything against buying the stuff on ebay as long as the seller had good feedback and also listed expiration dates. I buy from ebay all the time.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bdg » September 18th, 2006, 10:54 am

Elizabeth wrote:I believe Heath Advisors are selling there (thats why it is expensive...almost more expensive if you were to buy it normally)
They shouldn't be. Health advisors are not allowed to be selling on ebay. It is strictly forbidden.
Start date: April 8, 2006
bdg
Preferred Member - #190 Club
Preferred Member - #190 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » September 18th, 2006, 12:07 pm

I bought oatmeal and it was ok. But supermom has a good point about smoke and animals marking their territory ( I got queasy right away when I read that! :o )

As others have said, ask for exp date, check sellers feedback rating and buy complete boxes rather than packets or six packets.

Speaking of ebay, have you guys read the medifast auction closely? Almost 3 out of every four sellers says: "I was on this program. I have reached goal and lost all my weight, so I no longer need the food." :shock: :-P
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby JeepGirl » September 18th, 2006, 12:24 pm

Yea I noticed that too Nat and thought hmm I would bet 90% of those ppl are ones who simply didnt stick to it and are selling what they have left or they got the whole month thing and are selling what they dont like.
JeepGirl

Postby Mike » September 22nd, 2006, 10:42 pm

Personally, I wouldn't suggest buying Medifast on Ebay... especially on here. I've seen that there is food on ebay, biut personally, out of respect for those who bring us this forum, I would never buy Medifast on Ebay.
I am an Ebay seller and buyer, and its a great place to shop for other things though. I've sold lots of nearly new clothing on there as I have lost weight.
Mens big and tall seem to sell pretty well. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Elke » September 23rd, 2006, 10:25 am

When I posted the qusetion, I ment NO disrespect to anyone. Like I said in my first post I was browsing and got curious. Let it be known that I have NOT bought any mf food from ebay...it was just a question, not disrespectful toward anyone. I would not be here today if it wasn't for the great people on the board whether they are HA or clients like me.
With that said if I offended anyone with disrespect...I'm sorry
Elke

Postby 2saturn » September 23rd, 2006, 12:49 pm

Elke~

I don't think you offended or disrespected anyone at all! :mrgreen:

I'm glad you brought this topic up! :D I'm sure there's LOTS of potential Medifasters out there that's wondered the very same thing! :?: I'm sure this thread will be very helpful to them in trying to decide where to purchase their Medifood!

Have a great weekend!
2saturn

Next

Return to What's Shakin'