New to Medifast

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New to Medifast

Postby hecate » February 8th, 2004, 3:22 pm

Hi,
I found this forum via Google. I am trying out the Medifast complete diet. I am having so much trouble getting support. No one I know thinks it's a good idea. It's like they are all watching me all the time. You would think they are taking bets on how long I can last.
I've been one week on the plan and so far it's okay but I am having trouble keeping to it on my own. I alternate between the complete and the 5/1 plan.

Michele
hecate
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby HD » February 8th, 2004, 4:04 pm

Welcome Michele.
You've come to the right place :D I come here so often it's considered extreme :shock:
I am pretty new myself and there hasn't been a time yet that I've come here and didn't feel better when I logged off. Everyone here is wonderful and always helpful. If i'm feeling a bit weak or just want a place to hide out at for awhile, I run here. You hang in there Michele and remember it's your choice to lose the weight not the choice of others (mike reminds us of that all the time) so you stick with it and reap the rewards!
Keep it shakin Friend :cheers: we're all in this together.
Jackie (HD)
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby Starloser63 » February 9th, 2004, 7:24 am

Michele,

Glad you found the group. Keep reading and posting! Everyone here is there for you, and have gone through a lot of what your going through. I think people just don't understand, about the diet and so they make assumptions, but you can teach them as you go. Let them ask questions and be positive all the way. It will rub off. Saying a prayer for your strength. Keep losing!
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby moutoncove » February 9th, 2004, 7:45 am

Hi Michele & Welcome,

You know trying to change our way of eating is hard enough without other people trying every day to discourage you from doing what YOU want to do. This is about YOUR life, YOUR body, YOUR health and what YOU want.
So what if they don't approve of what you're doing. You're doing this for you! You want that fast weight loss, (which is what you'll get if you stick with this -faster than any other way - the way I understand it). You want to feel good about yourself, you want to look good in your clothes, you want to shop in the normal size departments. If you want all this just stick here and you'll get all the support and encouragement you need. Don't let anybody elses thoughts or ideas sway you from what YOU WANT! What can be more harmful to us than the fat we carry around with us. It's been proven that obesity causes so many illnesses. If we lose the weight we'll have to be healthier than we are now, don't you think? I know for me I'm tired of the hurting feet, the swollen achy ankles, the knees that hurt, the I can't get up from the floor without having to hold on to something and then it takes all I got to get up. I'm tired of all of this and if someone tells me that what I'm doing isn't good for me then I'll say to them, do you want all these aches and pains and lack of freedom of movement. If they say no then I would say SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE!

Come here! We're your friends! We'll help you succeed. If you doubts or don't understand ask questions. Someone on hear will have the answer for you!
Welcome to our home. I guess I said enough but I feel for you. I know how it is when you want to try something and all you get is negativety. IT SUCKS!

I said enough. Good luck Michele.

Brenda
moutoncove
Regular Member - #40 Club

Re: New to Medifast

Postby explorthis » February 9th, 2004, 8:03 am

hecate wrote:Hi, I am trying out the Medifast complete diet. I am having so much trouble getting support. Michele

Michele, WELCOME.. First, get rid of the "TRYING" the diet part. Say:

I am successfully using the Medifast complete diet!!!

This is the last stop. This is the last weight management program you will ever look to, the last one you will ever try, the last one you will ever need, the only one your friends and realitives will want to know all about, because the NEW Michele will emerge soon.

Stick with it, Medifast is the best.

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 9th, 2004, 9:21 am

After about a week of doing Medifast you will feel great. You will not have sluggish points during the day, you will not have headaches, you will feel good and be getting more fit and healthy everyday. Tell them to hold their comments for two months. Then if they don't see improvements, tell them you'll listen. But, you will see improvements and so will they, they will have to say "Wow, you were right".

I can guantee you that once people see our results, we will have people follow us.
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw

Postby shineface » February 9th, 2004, 3:20 pm

Hi Michele---

Welcome HOME ---- I have felt every feeling you are talking about and I UNDERSTAND - just like every other person on this forum does --- this plae is a Godsend ----- I also spend a lot of time here and it really helps --- reading the current and past posts has given me so much information and SUPPORT ---- I no longer feel alone in the battle. And it does get easier ---- BELIEVE in yourself and this program and that you deserve to feel the best you can and it will happen --- I have tryed them all and have to say this is the ultimate and went over the top when I found this forum - someone is always there to give support, advice and information.
Everyone here understands what it feels like to be FAT or FAIL at dozens of diets or have people (good intentioned or not) watching us every minute. This is YOUR life -- we are adults and we have choices. Once I made the decision to REALLY do this and not just dabble in it - I found peace and you will too.

Good luck, WELCOME and keep on postin' and slurpin' - together we can do it --- our strength is in us and the group helps me to know it - everyday.

YOU take care of YOU.
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Thank you

Postby hecate » February 9th, 2004, 3:23 pm

Thank you all for your encouragement.
I am in here as soon as I get in the door from work because that's when my temptation is the worst.
I have gained 10lb a year since I can't remember when and I haven't worn normal size clothing in that many years.
Weight Watchers worked well for me but the thought of a pound or two loss per week was too depressing.
Atkins never did work. I just don’t eat that many carbs to begin with and while everyone else was dropping weight left and right, I didn’t.
I really want this to work!
:?:
I was wondering what everyone thought about the complete fast versus the 5/1 plan? If you believe, what the Medifast site says the weight loss will be about the same. Is this true really?

Michele
hecate
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby shineface » February 9th, 2004, 3:29 pm

Hi---

Everyone loses at a different rate according to their own body but I can tell you that I do the modified and the weight is coming off - as promised.

It's great!
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 9th, 2004, 4:17 pm

hecate

Here is a post we were having a week or so, maybe some of these responses will help you.

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/view ... t=modified

Hope this helps. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw

Postby Lisa Castro » February 14th, 2004, 11:03 am

Michele,

Here is a suggestion for a positive way to get people to accept your decision to go on the Medifast program. Beside evidence of your weight loss, education is key.
To sum it up for them, you might say, "Medifast is a medical-grade meal replacements that has been clinically researched through John Hopkins Univeristy Hospital over the years, with great results! Until recently, it was only available through Doctors as a perscription. Now I have the opportunity to regain my health through proper nutrition and great support, from people that care. So, please show you support me in gaining a better quality of life through losing the fat that limits me and my potential."
Another method is to get a buddy to join you. It's amazing how much it helps. Just make sure you have someone that is as dedicated to making it work as you are.

It's so worth it,
Lisa CHA
Lisa Castro

Postby susan » February 14th, 2004, 11:46 am

welcome michele,
you have came to the right place for support and any think else you need.this is a great forum and if someone don;t know the answer someone else will.
susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.