New to Medifast

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

New to Medifast

Postby lparadise » February 28th, 2004, 5:29 pm

Hello, I am starting the program tomorrow. I am excited and aprehensive at the same time. Each time I have lost some weight I gain back even more. I am hoping and praying this will work for me. I am also hoping to find support from people familiar with the program. from what I've read on these boards, I am looking forward to meeting some great people.
lparadise
Regular Member - #30 Club

~Howdy~

Postby ErikaEastwood » February 28th, 2004, 6:14 pm

Welcome Aboard! So glad your here and you chose Medifast as a way to lose weight. I just started about 2 weeks ago today is my 16th day on the full fast. (liquids only) so im kind of a newbie to---and!~>> I do not regret a single(bit) drink of it! :lol: You will find that you can reach your goal at a rapid pace if you just stick to the program. This is the most fun I have ever had on a diet, REALLY THOUGH! This is a great place for support and please keep us updated.
ErikaEastwood

Failure is NOT an Option!

Postby Landylue » February 28th, 2004, 6:22 pm

:D Hello, lparadise! I also just joined the group today. This is going to be a great ride--fast and exciting--no turning back, now!

We ARE going to do this!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Thanks Erica

Postby lparadise » February 28th, 2004, 6:22 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome Erica. You say you are on all liquids. My doctor suggested I have 1 lean meat and a small salad daily. Do you think I will see quick results with the added food? As of today, I am 216#. This is a lot of weight on my 5'3" person. I am hoping to lose at least some of the puffiness by May. My son is making his first Communion and I don't want to look as bad as I do now. I have become so self conscience lately that it has made me depressed for the first time in my life. I am so afraid of failing. This is my last resort. Thanks for listening.
lparadise

Hey LandyLue

Postby lparadise » February 28th, 2004, 6:29 pm

This is great. We can begin the journey together. Looking forward to comparing notes. Good Luck
lparadise

Don't be afraid. . .

Postby Landylue » February 28th, 2004, 7:19 pm

lparadise, I sincerely believe that you will find this to be the fastest and easiest way ever to lose weight. I went through a fasting program around 12 years ago and lost over 100 lbs in six months. I easily kept every pound off for over 5 years. However, when my son started going through a really rebellious period in his life, the 'good doctors' prescribed an antidepressant for me to take. I immediately started gaining weight, but they told me it was just fluid, and that it would taper off, and after two weeks on the antidepressants, I just didn't care if I gained weight or not. Needless to say, I gained back every pound and more.

Two years ago I started going to First Place at a local church, which is like a Christian Weight Watchers. I lost 91 lbs, but it took me over 18 months. Then, the weight loss slowed down to around 2 lbs a month--if that! How discouraged and depressed I became! Anyway, I knew that I had done it once by fasting, I could darn sure do it again.

Be encouraged, lparadise, you AREN'T going to fail at this program.

Failure is NOT one of your options.

Landylue
Landylue

Postby ErikaEastwood » February 28th, 2004, 7:35 pm

In my opinion I think anyone that sticks to the program if it be the 5 and 1 or liquids only will be successful. Thats whats been proven! I only chose the liquid because I thought I might fail if I ate food-- plus its disciplined my flesh which I think will be a learning tool in maintaining my weight the rest of my life once I reach my goal. Im really starting to learn what food for fuel means.
ErikaEastwood

Postby Landylue » February 28th, 2004, 7:46 pm

I agree, Erika. It was much easier for me to do the total fast--no food decisions at all--just keeping in mind not to take that first bite.

I wish both of you ladies, in fact, all of us, the very best of luck.

Landylue
Landylue

You'll do great

Postby donnajean » March 8th, 2004, 5:25 pm

I started medifast complete on feb 18th and have had amazing weightloss.
Lost 11 pounds my first week and 9.5 the next !
The first 3 days were the hardest, At times I thought I wasn't able to do it.
So I prayed ALOT and just like they said Three days did it for me.
On the fourth day I felt like myself again :lol: and so will you.
I feel that everyone here has been BLESSED to find each other, and with each others help we will all make it to our goals.
Mike wrote some posts that I found incredible and truthful, so if you have a hard day go back and read them.
Good Luck and God Bless.
With God all things are possible :)
donnajean

Postby lparadise » March 11th, 2004, 12:06 pm

Thank you so much DonnaJean. You are truly an inspiration.
lparadise

Return to Come on in.