LIZABETTE

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Lizabette » August 26th, 2006, 9:21 pm

AUGUST 26. 2006

136.5# today. Only 1.5# to Goal!

Oh my dears,
I do have a wonderful sense of well-being and accomplishment today. Several reasons:

I am right at the door of my goal of 135 and ready to open it wide!
I have no doubt or question it will happen, whether one day or 10 days from now.
Doesn’t matter.

DH brought in 4 large boxes to fill with clothes from my closets and shelves.
I practically emptied half of my closets of clothes. coats and shoes which no longer fits my smaller figure.
It is just the best feeling to know that I no longer need them and that someone else will get some good use out of them.

It was at least my second go-around to do this as I fit into my smaller clothes.
Remember in an earlier post that I said that when I can wear my size 9/10 classic tan leather jacket that I would then feel I had reached my goal.
Yes, I can now wear it!
‘Course it is not the right temperature outside to wear it, but hey, I can wait!
Another incentive to maintain the weight I have so laboriously conquered with MF.
One more benefit to this. DH was inspired to go through his closet too.
25 pairs of slacks went into the boxes, and tons of shirts, etc. WHOOHOO!
You know, we didn’t need all those extra clothes anyway!

Just relaxing and reading a book “The Step Diet”, which emphasizes ‘walking’ to lose and maintain weight.
It quotes Lao-tzu who said, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
That’s the way our journey to lose weight is.
Doesn’t matter how long or short the journey is, nor how long it takes to do it!
What matters is, we are on our way!

But I have to remember that my journey doesn’t stop at goal.
As Olympians know all too well, the training and exercising is just beginning for the next round!

I have been in a mini-transition stage for a week or so, adding a fruit or vegetable here and there.
I know what the book says about transition and maintenance.
I am finding my way.

I hope you are reading DRAMA QUEEN’s Maintenance journal.
It is so helpful to read it and to realize that here is one person we know who is putting it to the test.

Went back to the surgeon for a follow-up sonogram of my VNUS procedure yesterday.
He said it looks good and will get better with time to heal.
The compression stockings actually are not that bad and give me a sense of stability and protection.
They look nice too, like regular stockings if you don’t look too closely.

ARK, my friend. I have an article on this procedure that I will be happy to PM you if you'd like to look into it.

See you all tomorrow at Sunday Roll Call.
Who knows what good news the scale will give us?

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sojourner » August 26th, 2006, 9:30 pm

Wow. Wow. Wow!!!

Lizabette!!! Only 1.5 lbs. to go!!
Woohoo!! Congratulations!!!
There just are not enough exclamation points!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Lizabette » August 26th, 2006, 9:37 pm

SOJOURNER,

Thanks for all the exclamation points! Love you for it!
How are your hives, and are you able to get back on MF yet?

Can't wait to hear how you are doing...
I know you are going to make it fine.

Lizabette

Postby Sojourner » August 26th, 2006, 9:58 pm

Hiya! My hives are still here...it's my 2nd day off MF--doc won't let me back until I've met with him on Sept. 5th. I already miss my fruit & nut bars and choc RTDs SO much! The worst thing is that I won't have internet access from tomorrow night until Sept. 2nd, while visiting my sis in AZ. I'll just have to muddle through this on my own until then, but I know y'all will be thinking of me, and that'll have to be enough!

Thanks for asking, Lizabette! And congrats again on being soooo close to goal. You ROCK!!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » August 27th, 2006, 12:22 pm

Silver Fox,

I am so happy for you and so proud of you! It must've felt so good to box up those clothes so that someone who needs them can have them! Good for your DH too!

I can't wait to celebrate you reaching goal with you! Whether tomorrow or 10 days from now! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad I know you!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: Hi

Postby Lizabette » August 27th, 2006, 2:12 pm

ImageDEDE. MY BELOVED ONEDERWOMAN!
This would be one sad fox if you were not here to celebrate reaching goal with me.
You have made this journey so enjoyable, especially knowing all the barriers you face, you are still here!
You are kind of my special MF pride and joy!
No need to be afraid of succeeding in one of the greatest accomplishments of your life...
The Silver Fox is watching out for you!

Lizabette

Postby Lizabette » August 27th, 2006, 2:22 pm

SOJOURNER,
Yes, we will be thinking of you while you are away!
Please keep us updated, whenever possible.
Maybe a good vacation is what you need right now.
So take advantage of it and get some good R & R!
You gotta get back here to cheer us on...and up!

Lizabette

Postby Lizabette » August 29th, 2006, 8:16 pm

AUGUST 29. 2006

Just to be accountable I am posting this morning's weight.
136.1 - One pound and one ounce to GOAL!
I am planning that next post will be GOAL!

Thank all of you for your support and encouragement.
There will never be another support group like you.
I could start naming names but I know I would leave out some very special people.
You just have to know that you are all TOPS!

Lizabette

Postby smartipantz » August 30th, 2006, 6:55 am

I'm so proud of you Lizabitty!!!!! I'll be watching and encouraging you through maintenance. This is an exciting time for all of us. We all travel through this journey to shed our pounds but the real test is to keep it off. How many times have you heard people ask you in these last few month..... How are you going to keep it off? Well, it's time to show them how!! I know you can do it!!

I had a set-back on my weight loss. Well it was self-generated because I had two back to back vacations and didn't stay on plan whatsoever. This decision cost me 9 pounds but I'm now only 3 pounds from my "pre-vacation" weight. I'm not too worried about it.... I had fun and know what I need to do to get back to where I started. I also lowered my goal weight by 5 pounds.

I'll see you in the maintenance club here soon - pave the path of success for me please :)

Congrats again,

Keri
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Lizabette » August 30th, 2006, 10:39 am

AUGUST 30, 2006

135.6 this morning!

I really meant to wait until Goal to journal again, but this can’t wait!
On our walk recently, we met several of our neighbors who complimented me on my weight loss.
Today the “Pest Control Man” came, and the first thing he said to me was, “You look nice. You’ve lost a lot of weight!”
(He had already serviced some others before getting to our house.)
He told me that I was the “buzz of the neighborhood”.
I don’t mind that kind of talk at all! WHOOHOO!
I smile and say “Thank you!” to a lot of folks these days.

SMARTIPANZ: Thank you. I agree that the real test of weight loss is keeping it off!
I plan to pass the test, whatever it takes!
You are doing wonderful and look so great!
Don't fret about your set back. You have accomplished so much and you will continue to your goal!
KERI, I will need to explain about my Transition/maintenance program later...
Because of my 'experience' (age) my plan is somewhat different from regular folks.
I don't want to confuse anybody...but I plan to post my weight at least.
(I understand there is lots of fluctuation during transition.)
Thanks again for your support and to all who have been here for me.

Lizabette

Postby Arklahoma » August 30th, 2006, 5:14 pm

OMG ~ You are sooo close!!!
Keep it up.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lizabette » August 31st, 2006, 6:29 pm

AUGUST 31, 2006

Today I reached my goal of 135 pounds and have lost 60 pounds!
You know that is one pound for every year I have been married. Good omen, huh?

As you may recall from an earlier post, I said I wanted to give my DH a 60th wedding anniversary gift on October 6, of that “16-year-old girl he married”.
‘Course we realize we can’t go back in a time machine. But I did my best to fulfill that promise.
I didn’t know at the time all that promise entailed, but I have kept my focus.
I feel better than I have felt in many, many years and that is probably the primary reason for all the effort towards becoming a normal weight.
My medical tests are all in the normal range.
I really am like a new person!
It still seems strange to think of my self as being a normal weight, but people keep telling me so, even DH, so it must be true.

I answered UNCA’s question in another post, in the WEIGHT ROOM forum about Transition.
It is absolutely necessary that I continue taking steps to transition and maintain what I have lost.
I dare not lose ground or the precious health I have attained.
I will be finding my way from the examples of others and from the tools and materials that are available to me.
I will not be changing the way I eat overnight, but simply adding those things, which are helpful in getting my metabolism back on track.
What a challenge this will be…and one which I have never in the past been successful at.
Why, because I did not know how, or have the structure to do it. Thankfully, now I do!

My Transition is going to look a lot like the regular MF Senior plan for we ‘experienced’ (kind word for 70 and older).
This is the guideline for the daily food plan.

“A daily food plan consists of 3-5 Medifast Meals, 2 small meals (L&G’s) and 2 small snacks”
This includes extra veggies, fruits, dairy and bread on the appropriate days with calories ranging from 1000 to 1200 calories.
During Maintenance, I will eventually go to 1500 calories daily which will be the high for me, I’m sure.

So it is pretty straightforward, and as I put the diligence and effort into it as I did in the weight loss phase,
I will be successful at keeping the weight from flying back on.
Because it is quite different from the typical Transition plan, I will not post the exact food plan, but only how I do on it.
It may be that I will need to switch it back to the regular Transition plan. Just have to see how it works for me.

I believe my wedding anniversary celebration will be happy and wonderful, due for the most part because of my weight loss.
I know that would not have been possible for me without the help and support of all of you on this forum
who have supported and encouraged me on this journey.

You are all just the best!

Lizabette

Postby jump4joy » September 1st, 2006, 10:02 am

I just wanted to tell you personally, dear Lizabette, how happy I am for you that you reached goal-weight!!! What a wonderful accomplishment!

In case you're wondering where I've been, I had to go off MF a few weeks ago because it was causing serious problems with my digestive system. I've developed a food intolerance/allergy to the sweeteners used in the shakes.....I had chronic diarrhea for many weeks until I stopped using MF.....then I was fine. So something in the MF just doesn't agree with me. I was sad about it, and stopped posting since I can't do MF anymore. But I'm exercising every day at the gym now, and keeping a food log to keep my calories under control. MF slows down the metabolism for 2-3 months after going off it, so I'm just eating healthy food and exercising and hoping to see some weight loss soon.

You were special to me, and I just wanted to let you know how exicted I am for your great accomplishment! I'll be watching for you in the Maintenance forum to see how you're doing.

Happy anniversary, by the way.......it's my 18th Anniversary today. The years fly by when you're happy, don't they?!

May God's choicest blessings be upon you, dear lady!

Joy :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Linda » September 1st, 2006, 11:13 am

Lizabette, I am on extended jury duty now, so haven't had much time to post, but I had to respond to your journal. I'm so happy for you!! You must be thrilled.

Hugs to you, and hoping transition is an easy route for you, too.
LINDA

Started Nov 6, 2005
5'3", 59 years young
Linda
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Lizabette » September 1st, 2006, 4:30 pm

JOY, I am so sorry that MF does not agree with you, but it sounds like you are on the right track to continue losing weight.
Please check in often to let us know how you are doing.
Yes, I have missed you and your sweet posts.
Thank you so much for your kind remarks and you were certainly special to me.
I am so happy to reach goal, and feel soooooo good!
But I do know that is only the beginning of the challenge of keeping the weight off.
So on with the journey, right?
Oh Happy 18th Anniversary...and Congratulations! Where have all those wonderful years gone?

LINDA, How considerate of you to take time off your busy jury duty schedule to write me.
WHOOHOO! You are less than 10 pounds from Goal!
You have already accomplished so much and a few piddling pounds are not going to stop you now!
I will have to say, tho', that those last 10 pounds of mine came off so slow, sometimes I wondered...!
But don't get discouraged about that, because it will actually happen!
Thank's again and we'll see you at Goal soon!

Lizabette

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal