LilMsTexas Surgery Update

Meet Terry and Nancy.

Postby 24KaratGold » July 10th, 2005, 1:22 pm

Great to hear the latest on Christi. I can't wait til she can get on here and tell us all about it firsthand. I admit I've been wondering about having a tummy tuck, maybe on the first anniversary of my reaching goal, as a reward for maintaining. That's a long way off, though it's something to shoot for.

Hurry up, Christi, we wanna hear what you have to say!! LOL
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby joysea » July 11th, 2005, 7:46 am

Christi, I have been praying for you...the next days may be rough (just like the first couple of days on MF!!!) but the outcome will be all worth it!

Good luck at the doc's today!

Joyce
Joyce

Highest Weight 198//166.3/130
joysea
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby tink » July 12th, 2005, 6:19 am

WooHoo! I am so happy everything went smoothly for Christi. I have been going nuts trying to get to a PC so I could get an update. That old Dennis knocked out our power and we are still without. Alabama Power told us they hoped to have it on today sometime. I finally made it to the office today! We had some tree damage mostly on our back deck and lots of trees in the drive way. Anyway .. I am so happy to hear about Christi and that she is doing well. :mrgreen:
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » July 12th, 2005, 7:22 am

We are so thankful that you are ok 8) I hope your electricity is back on soon too. We had just arrived in Virginia from Germany when the hurricane hit here in 2003. We were living in a hotel waiting to finish closing on our house. Nothing like waiting out a hurricane in a hotel :shock: The water issue was the biggest........but good grief the whole ordeal was rough. I'm so glad you "weathered" the storm with only minor damage.

Take care and be safe,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby martha » July 12th, 2005, 7:42 am

TINK---

Thank goodness you and your family are okay.. We didn't lose power on this end.. My hubbies people all live in Mobile and Gulf shores and Loxley areas.. last year was bad for them.. I thank God it wasn't any worse than it was.. I lived in Mobile when Fredrick hit Dauphin Island(lived off D. Island parkway) and we were without power for a long time..
Hopefully everything will get back to normal soon for you.. I hate to be away from the computer too now that I have my extended family on this forum.. Take care friend--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby tink » July 14th, 2005, 11:23 am

Thanks everybody! Well we just got power on and have been staying with my mom. They said we would have power back on Tuesday but it came on late last night thank goodness. I would have not done well in the olden days without my electricity! Glad everybody is okay!
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » July 14th, 2005, 10:47 pm

Dear Dear Christi ~

Wow! You are almost one week out from your surgery already. You look amazing and we are so thankful that your surgery went well and you are feeling fan-n-n-n-ntabulous! You are something else, Girl to be running downstairs to your computer and keeping us all informed about your progress. Take it easy!

We know that many people will be helped by your postings - thank you so much for sending us your pre- and post-op pictures.

When I got home last Monday and saw your pre-op pics I told Unc, we HAD to post them. There are many women and men that have aprons and there is great hope for them - with the Take Shape For Life Programs and our wonderful Medifast products, people are able to safely and quickly lose weight - because Medifast is muscle-sparing, they lose the FAT and then when they reach a healthy weight, if they need or want surgery, they will be in a healthful state and able to endure surgery safely.

Christi, your incision looks like it goes from your side to side, encircling half of your waist - did your doc do any lipo on your lower back - just above your waistline at all?

Was there much bruising?

How's the pain level at this point?

Much drainage yet?

You are really brave to post your pictures and I thank you so much. I know I was afraid to post my "before Medifast" pictures WITH clothing! Thank you, Little Darlin' - again, you look wonderful!

Tink, bless your heart - you've been thru a rough time, too! Keep on keepin' on!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby martha » July 15th, 2005, 5:35 am

CHRISTI--

YES- YES-YES-- Do tell all.. Courious minds want to know :mrgreen: Thanks again..

TINK--

Thanks be to GOD for it not being any worse than it was.. Isn't it a blessing to have power again.. Hubby and I always said as did our friends "we were born in the wrong time " Guess thats because we are so OLD FASHIONED on everything.. just plain(and I do mean plain) ole people..my mom says the temps were not as hot back then..it would have to be true cause I am spoiled to a/c now.. :mrgreen: SO glad to have you safe again.. have been praying for you...Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » July 15th, 2005, 5:45 am

Nancy wrote:
There are many women and men that have aprons and there is great hope for them - with the Take Shape For Life Programs and our wonderful Medifast products, people are able to safely and quickly lose weight - because Medifast is muscle-sparing, they lose the FAT and then when they reach a healthy weight, if they need or want surgery, they will be in a healthful state and able to endure surgery safely.

It is important that everyone who has been following my surgery updates understand the origination of the "need". I didn't lose weight and then realize I needed surgery. Losing weight with MF didn't "cause" me to need surgery for flabby skin. I have had the apron for 12 years since the birth of my first son. Then with excessive weight gain and loss over and over again over the past 12 years and then a second birth (both by c-section) my "apron" was horrible as you can see. Then add in the skin condition hidranitis, and the cysts and boils on my c-section scar as a result, I needed the surgery badly to have any quality of life.

It was only when my doctor said, "Christi you have GOT to do something. Your diabetes is out of control and I'll have to put you on insulin....and you need a tummy tuck but you can't do it this overweight and with your diabetes this out of control" that I FINALLY got myself together. I knew that 15 years ago I had been successful with weight loss in a healthy way with Medifast. I knew it was safe and fast and I began my research again. NOW to my amazement there is a diabetic program and everything was falling into place for me. All that was left was for ME TO DO IT!!

So for the past 4 months I worked hard and got my weight off, got my diabetes under control with absolutely no medication after 12 days on the program, started exercising at Curves at 6 weeks, and was totally ready to go by the time surgery rolled around!! I lost the weight and kept my lean muscle, had control over my health, and as a result I have had an UNEVENTFUL surgery and recovery! This leads me to the answers to the rest of Nancy's questions........

Yes the incision goes completely from hip to hip and goes a little around to my back but not as much as it looks like in the picture. Because I am sitting down and partially laid back it is a little deceiving in the pictures. There was no lipo anywhere and nothing affected my back at all. I will begin weight training once I am totally healed to LEARN to SCULPT my body. I have NEVER been at a point where I needed to "sculpt" anything, because there was always too much fat to get through :shock: I will have 10 more "lbs of fat" that I want to lose once I am healed. I have a tad of weight on my back and hips that needs to go.......and I have just the tools to do it!!

There has been very very minimal bruising anywhere. On each side of my hips there is a little bruising because that is where the stitches begin and end and there is a little pulling in those places, but nothing of any significance. There is no bruising in the front at all and no bruising around my belly button! I haven't needed pain medication during the day for the past 3 days. I take it at night because by the end of the day of walking around, and doing a little to much I must admit, I need to rest and I have some pain at night. But Motrin during the day is all I have needed. The anti-inflammatory 800mg motrin is really all I need. Overall I would say my pain level, even in the hospital was a 5! After 3 days I would say my pain level has been that of discomfort but not "pain".

My drainage was soooooooooooooooo minimal. I was REALLY impressed with that, and that is just another sign of the shape my body was in BEFORE surgery.

I honestly believe my total success has been God walking this journey with me when I asked for His help in the very beginning, the weight loss, diabetes control, exercise at Curves which is lean muscle exercise, hydrating my body with water like never before, and of course this forum and all my friends. 2+1 is never 4! You must do EVERYTHING and in life there are no perfect rewards for imperfect effort! Do not read that as saying you must have "perfect results".......it means don't expect a big pay off if you're not willing to work hard enough..........don't expect something for nothing........get my meaning? ;)

I have FINALLY been rewarded perfectly because I FINALLY went the distance!! A few more feet and I will be at the finish line.......or rather the FIRST finish line. Now I have the rest of my life to live healthy and take care of the gifts I have been given.

If you are reading this and wondering if you should give Medifast a try.....COME JOIN ME and the rest of us! We are not promised tomorrow and today looks like the perfect day!!

Have a blessed weekend everybody........LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!
Love as always,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » July 15th, 2005, 6:47 am

As always, Excellent Post, LilMsTexas!

It is really important for people to understand the reaon for your surgery and you explained it so well. You were really ready for your surgery because you were in a healthful state.

We wondered about the bruising because we saw none in your pictures - amazing! And we are grateful that your pain has been minimal - also very incredible - the time was right for your surgery, wasn't it?

You are a precious gal - thanks for sharing your journey and the process of healing and being thinny for life!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Unca_Tim » July 15th, 2005, 8:32 am

Christi wrote:there are no perfect rewards for imperfect effort!

Amen Christi!!!

...and what a fantastic job you've done and such an inspiration for all.
:hug:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby 24KaratGold » July 15th, 2005, 11:24 am

Christi, you are an amazing lady. We are lucky to have you amongst us. You have worked hard for this -- those of us who have been here and watched you do it know that well. Enjoy it, hon -- you've earned it!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby want2Bthin » July 15th, 2005, 11:30 am

Christi-

You are such a kind & sincere person. :-P What a blessing to have you on this forum.

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

WOW

Postby oregonrose » July 15th, 2005, 1:32 pm

I guess I have been in la la land these past few days and didnt see your photos till this morning! WOW you look great! I love your insights into weight loss and self image. Thanks for letting us up close and personal into this rivate area of your life. You are terrific and an inspiration! thanks and take care of yourself, nancy
Knowledge is power
oregonrose
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby monkeymom » July 25th, 2005, 11:22 am

Christi,

I haven't been around much because of major school overload, but I'm really glad that your surgery and recovery went so well!! And how wonderful of you to share all those pics! Everyone on this forum will learn so much and derive so much strength and encouragement from your openess.

God's blessings on your continued recovery and every first day of your new life :)
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Previous

Return to A Message from your Hosts