Plastic Surgery

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Plastic Surgery

Postby bikipatra » April 3rd, 2005, 11:38 pm

I watch a lot of plastic surgery shows on TV and notice that big weight losers often have tummy tucks. Especially people who lost weight rapidly or were obese for a long period of time prior to weight loss. I have only been obese for 3 years but if I have significant tummy "hangage" after I lose (God and MF willing!) a hundred pounds, I really would consider a tummy tuck! Have any of the big time losers here considered PS, or had it? Or how do you all feel about it?
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby doglover » April 4th, 2005, 5:07 am

I am scheduled for a small surgery in Sept. Sh, whisper this as there are so many strong feelings out there about it!

I do not have a significant skin issue, just refining some points, like belly bulge from babies, hips and thighs. I feel strongly that since we live in an age where all this is possible, why not take advantage of it?? But again, so many people feel so strongly about this.

But anyway, I am a fan and plan to have minor work done the second week of Sept! Could be sooner but since you need 6 weeks to really feel better I can't due to travel plans we have!

Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 4th, 2005, 8:04 am

thanks for the reply! I may be putting the cart before the horse but I am really worried about what my belly will look like "deflated". I have never had a big stomach, until 2.5 years ago!!! It is so protuding now and I have never had kids. I did earn a beer gut though! Last year, in the depths of my alcoholism I was capable of putting down a case of beer a day. My poor liver...
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby bk » April 4th, 2005, 9:56 am

I will definitely have PS if I need it (and I think I will, even though I am young, because I've always been overweight). I also plan on having a breast lift, which I would have gotten with or without weight loss. I refuse to lose all this weight and not be completely thrilled with the results. Everyone has their own opinions - mine is that it's right for me.

BUT... I'm not stressing about my skin or whatever. I put on cocoa butter oil after the shower, and that's it. LIke I said, if I need it/want it, I'll do it. Definitely not something that anyone should factor into their "do i want to lose this weight?" equations!
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » April 4th, 2005, 10:29 am

I definitely will have PS if I need to. My boobs are very large, and are deflating fast. So definitely something will need to be done, or I will be able to throw them over my shoulder by the time I hit goal!!! My stomach is a roadmap of stretch marks and that is after only one child. But I never lost the weight after having him 21 years ago, and that is what you get I guess. Tanning does help make them not as noticeable, but when they are everywhere, it is hard NOT to see them.

So yes, if I have the money and I have the need....I'll be doing it after goal!!! :D

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime

Postby 2getskinny » April 7th, 2005, 5:50 pm

I watched a show the other night and they showed how they do the tummy tuck and I know I will want one done when I get off my weight, This woman's tummy looked SO good when she had her 8 week check up and it was so flat! I Long to have the flat tummy again. But for now I have close to 90 more pounds to take off. I think it is in all how you feel when you get to your goal. I may change my mind when I get to my goal but right now I am thinking I will need/want one when I get there.
2getskinny
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » April 7th, 2005, 6:07 pm

Oh Girls......If had had the money...and still wasn't happy after I hit goal....I'd be in line for Liposuction.... :lightbeam: ...ZAP those fat cells....of course justifying the need to my DH when we do have 2 children in Private School/College is another story...but then again he never denies my wants....very supportive... :hug:...oh and also....Laser hair removal....all for it.....and as we age ....gravity seems to target those once perky twins....so a lift wouldn't be to bad either.......okay now back to reality...... :roll:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby 2getskinny » April 7th, 2005, 6:15 pm

LOL You made me laugh! I agree with you on everything you said. And Oh the Hair removal.......I would do that in a heartbeat.......I have more hair on my face more now then a few years ago and it drives me NUTS! LOL. My DH told me he didn't care as long as I was happy... :-P He is such a Wonderful Man! I am so much in Love with him! He is the greatest! God has blessed me so very much!
2getskinny

Postby doglover » April 7th, 2005, 7:36 pm

Well, I am her to tell you I have had 6 sessions of laser hair removal on the bikini line! I travel way too much to shave there! It is WONDERFUL! Today I had electrolosis to remove some final stubborn hairs and have one more session on May 6 and then I am done!!! So, go for it! It is not too expensive and so worth the effort. Does not hurt at all, especially if you are a waxer.

This is the same center I am having my lipo at in Sept. and my laser lady (Francine) was telling me to be 10 lbs. over an ideal weight for recovery and the fact that it will take some weight off. How cool is that! That must be why my Dr. felt 150 was a good weight for me to come in at. But I am determined now to get to 140 and if after surgery I am at 130-135 - BONUS! So I'll let you know in the Fall how it goes! I could do it in May but I have too many travel plans for May and summer. But I can wait, patience!

Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby 2getskinny » April 7th, 2005, 10:27 pm

Oh How Wonderful For you Donna! YES PLEASE do let us know how it goes. I watch specials on TV when they come on and it looks painful but I think in the end it would be so worth it. I just hope to get this weight off and then I can start looking into it. GOOD LUCK to you. I am so HAPPY FOR YOU! :mrgreen:
2getskinny

Postby bikipatra » April 8th, 2005, 4:56 am

My husband is always taking loans out for unnecessary reasons. I think I would like a tummy tuck and a breast reduction/lift. Even when I weighed 117 pounds I had 32DDD twins. Any time I went to a bar I had to hear drunken jerks ask if they were real. That is a hard bra to find but you can get it at Neimans because of the chicks with implants. We just have big boobs in my family. I am going to be careful with my tummy tuck and not get the stomach too lipo'ed before. That looks strange!!! Tara Reid is a prime example of someone who has over-lipo'ed her stomach. Go to <snip>no urls please - Mr. Snippy</snip>. It is a good education about what you DO NOT want!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby raederle » April 8th, 2005, 6:21 am

Donna-- great for you!!! I had laser hair removal, too, on my bikini line. I have really fair hair, though, so it ended up not working as well as I'd hoped (the laser "sees" dark hair best, I'm told). But it still *definitely* reduced the hair so that now tweezing takes care of the remaining few hairs, in a few minutes once a month. Much better than having to wax or shave all the time! Anyway, I put that out there just to tell folks with light hair that your results may vary with the laser removal. But, oh, I'd love to lipo out the fatty bits on my butt and thighs! I think it's great that you're taking so much pride in your new skinny bod, Donna, and to think you'll probably lose another 10 pounds without even tryin'! Yay! Good luck, buddy!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby doglover » April 8th, 2005, 6:58 am

Rae, bec. I am so fair I have light hairs as well. These did not respond to laser either. This is why I am going for 2 electrolosis appts to get the final ones out. They don't start there as it is normally way too many as elec. is taking one out at a time. But you may want to consider this! Don't ya just love it! So smooth!
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Postby raederle » April 8th, 2005, 7:12 am

Oooooh-- I had forgotten all about that option! They did tell me that at the laser clinic, but I just zoned out about it and forgot because I would have had to go elsewhere for electrolysis (they didn't offer that at my clinic). Is it expensive? (Do they charge per hair?!?! ;))
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle

Postby doglover » April 8th, 2005, 7:16 am

It's actually MUCH cheaper than laser. I paid at least $120/laser (early visits were way more) but only $40/half hour for elect. And she thinks 2 appts will do the trick. Ok, kind of personal, but I went a little more than just the bikini line. Not total, but a lot more gone. Get my drift? Anyway...you prepare the same way, w/ the numbing cream. But you don't shave before (they need to see the hairs to pull) and it does not hurt at all. She pulled a couple that were in an area I had not creamed and it felt like she was pinching me.

Check into it. It is totally awesome. And if anyone had a few bad hairs (like my sister has 5 black hairs under her chin) that would be the way to go. But when you have a larger area you always want to start w/ laser.

Us poor light skinned people - everything is harder...tanning, hair removal.....
;)
Donna
Feb 7, 2005 start date
doglover

Next

Return to The Weight Room