Checking in one week after surgery - FOLLOW UP DOCTOR UPDATE

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Checking in one week after surgery - FOLLOW UP DOCTOR UPDATE

Postby FORMOMMY » April 30th, 2006, 6:30 am

Hi Everyone,

Well, it will be one week tomorrow since my knee surgery and I am hanging in there. I am getting around without crutches but still cannot bend my knee very much (its a killer to go to the bathroom - quite an interesting site to see me try to sit without bending that right knee - HA).

I have been on a lot of pain medication because it truly has been painful. I took the week off from Medifast as suggested by all of you and doctors. I wasn't going to weigh myself so that I wouldn't get depressed but I did. I gained 5 pounds but I know I will take that right off when I get back on the Medifast plan tomorrow. My husband wants me to wait until I am off all pain meds to start again but I don't want to go another week.

So I am not changing my ticker and I will change it no matter what it is next Sunday. I start back on the plan tomorrow and back to work as well. I am not sure how I will do as I can't bend and do still experience pain but I need to get back. I did work from home all work but I really need to get into my office.

So I would appreciate continued prayer for healing, for the strength to go back to work and for those dreaded 3 days that I will experience again - ARGH!!!

Congrats to all the losers this week - you all did awesome!!! I'm behind schedule because of this week but I will be back in the groove soon!

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and well wishes.
Last edited by FORMOMMY on May 2nd, 2006, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 30th, 2006, 7:10 am

Michelle~

My thoughts and prayers are still with you for a speedy recovery. You may need to have an extra shake or some of the allowed snacks while still on the pain meds but I know those 5 pesky pounds you put on will be going going gone in no time flat.

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tiolazz » April 30th, 2006, 7:13 am

Michelle,

don't fret, you will be back in the groove in no time...

we are all praying for your swift recovery and we know you will be right back in the mixt of it very soon....

You just take care of you right now, and that pesky ole weight will slide off before you know it...

take care girlie, we are all rooting for you.

Terri

Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 30th, 2006, 7:17 am

Thanks Lisa and Teri,

Lisa - I didn't think of that, I could do the extra shake. That might make my hubby happy :) Thanks for the advice.

It is funny....I really am not upset by the weight gain because I know how great this plan works. That NEVER would have happend before....I would have been hysterical by now....or I would have been really sick because I didn't eat what I needed to eat to heal.

The only thing this did was pretty much take my mini goal of hitting 60 pounds down by June 10th. But I guess I can handle that.... :)
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby Pashta » April 30th, 2006, 8:33 am

Don't worry, as long as you didn't binge and overeat, I'm sure it's all just water weight and will be gone by next week. :) Hope you feel better!

:hug:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta

Postby Shana » April 30th, 2006, 9:07 am

I'm so glad you're doing well, and some swelling is to be expected, as is (for me at least) water retention after surgery - I'm sure those 5lbs are going to drop off fairly quickly :)

I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly & as far as going potty without bending your knee, think of it as a really good quad & ham exercise for your left leg - one legged squats are great for the muscles :D

Shana

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 30th, 2006, 9:18 am

HAHAHAHA!! Shana you crack me up!! Yup - my butt muscles are getting a work out on that side!! Oh dear....I'm going to be lopsided!!!

Seriously, I do think a lot is water because I also haven't been able to drink all my water - trying to conserve the trips to the bathroom. So once I'm back to all my water and my regular routine, I agree that I should lose those pounds pretty quickly.
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby Ct. Yankee » April 30th, 2006, 1:32 pm

Hi Michelle, so glad you checked in, as I was wondering how you were doing with your knee. It is amazing to see how committed you are for getting back on program, despite your pain. That is so wonderful, you should be so proud!! Get better very soon!

Oh, and the toilet visual?!! Hysterical!!!! :D :D :D

Joan
Ct. Yankee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 30th, 2006, 7:34 pm

Hi Michelle,
So glad you made it through fine...Glad you're doing better! Start back on the program while you are still on pain meds if you wish, but LISTEN to your body...If you need an extra shake, HAVE IT!

Hope your trips to the potty are getting easier!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby supermom » April 30th, 2006, 8:20 pm

Glad to see you back. Your potty story reminds me of one. Even though I grew up in the country, I have never been one to pee outside. Anyway, I had a broken leg, two babies, and I was only 2 months post partum. It was Christmas, so it was really cold outside. We had just driven through the last town there is until we get to my parents. You see, my husband was taking a SHORT CUT through the country between his grandparents and my parents homes. Well, about 20 miles out of town, the urge hit. I needed to pee and I needed to now. So, he pulled over. Then, I just looked at him. Remember---I had a broken leg-in a cast broken. So my husband came to my side of the car and helped me get seated on the edge of the door frame. But, I was afraid I was going to pee on my clothes. So, I completely took off my pants and panties. Then, I didn't want to sit on the door frame because I was afraid I would get pee in the car. So, there I was practically naked standing on the side of the road on crutches with my hubby standing beside me just looking puzzled and freezing and wishing I would just go ahead and do it. So, he held my broken leg up out of the way, and I squatted, holding on to the car door and let er go. I swear, it felt like I peed for an hour. My poor husband was downhill from me, so it got all over his boots. Anyway, when I was done, I still had to stand up (one legged) and figure out how to get back into the car without stepping in the puddle. We have never laughed so hard. For Valentines day the following February, he got me a little potty chair to keep in the trunk so I wouldn't have to squat again. I survived and so will you. Everytime you have to go to the bathroom, just think---at least I am not on the side of the road in the snow in the middle of nowhere!!
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Shana » April 30th, 2006, 8:32 pm

LOL Laurie, that story almost caused an accident on my couch!! VERY funny!

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » May 1st, 2006, 6:41 am

OH MY!!!! That story was hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!! I definitely have it easier than you did.....
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby MusicalMomma » May 1st, 2006, 7:06 am

Hi Michelle :wave: I'm praying for a SPEEDY recovery and for 5+ pounds to be gone by next roll call!!!! It's most likely water weight.
MusicalMomma

Postby FORMOMMY » May 1st, 2006, 7:28 am

Thank you Joyce. I have started back this morning on my normal eating plan including all my water. The bathroom situation described above makes me not want to drink it but I know that I need to do it. Plus, I miss the way I feel when I have all my water. It is amazing how much better I feel when I get in the water that I usually drink (100 - 130 ounces a day).

I am back at work and I am hurting quite a bit. I can only take ibu's at work so it doesn't have the same punch that the "stronger" meds do. I may not make the whole day but at least I tried. My hubby dropped me off after dropping the kids off at school and he will pick me up. It's a pain not being able to drive....no pun intended!
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby MISSANNE » May 1st, 2006, 8:49 am

Glad your doing well! :bighug:

You'll be back on track in no time!

I have faith in you......we all do!
Michelle
MISSANNE