LilMsTexas half-way

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

LilMsTexas half-way

Postby LilMsTexas » May 15th, 2005, 4:10 am

Well everybody I'm officially at my half-way point and decided I would share another picture.

This one of me and my boys was taken Mother's Day 2005.

This one is from May 14, 2005 (last night) with me and my friend Alison. We both had our latest boys one year ago, exactly one week apart. She was back to pre-pregnancy weight and actually smaller within a few months. She is one of my biggest cheerleaders and an AWESOME friend. She is leaving me this week to go to Fort Campbell. Just one of the many good-byes over the years to friends because of the Army. :(

This picture is of me and my son in his little Army PT suit. I just wanted to give ya'll a closer up........and it's a chance to show off my baby too of course 8)

Hope you enjoy seeing me in ACTION! I'll be posting very personal and revealing pictures of me when I am at goal. I'm just not ready to post pictures of me in biker shorts and a sports bra until I'm ready to post the AFTER pictures right along with them :shock: But I took the pictures so I could be real with myself and see me from all angles. But keep watching, because I'm shaking my way to goal one day at a time!!

Click here to see LilMsTexas Before

CHEERS everybody!!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » May 15th, 2005, 8:59 am

Christi, you are so cute! Beautiful hair, beautiful smile, and you just look like the nice person we know that you are. I'm so glad you posted these, because I was thinking just last night that I would like to see a new picture of you in light of all the weight you've lost since the last one. What a difference already! Congratulations to you, and I can't wait to see what you are going to look like at goal.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby doglover » May 15th, 2005, 9:06 am

Yowza Christi - you look GREAT!!!! I love your hair and your face has really shrunk! You go girl! Thanks for the nice words on the roll call this morning too! I am still on cloud 9 to think that I won that award. It is so nice to be appreciated for all you do, you know?

Have a great Sunday! I am 100% vacation mode right now!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Dean0408 » May 15th, 2005, 9:22 am

Christi...........How cute you are!! These are some very nice pictures.

Your boys are handsome little guys too. The mother's day picture is one to have framed for sure.

I am sorry to hear you are losing your friend. That is Army life all right..... Either the friend is transferred or you are. I know you will keep in touch, and Kentucky isn't all that far from Virginia, so a visit isn't out of the question.

You are LOOKIN' GOOD Christi.

Dean
Dean0408

Postby LilMsTexas » May 15th, 2005, 9:35 am

Thanks guys........I'm enjoying these pictures as well. I just think I"m starting to look more like myself......at least the self I see in my "mind's eye". 25 more to go and I know that NOTHING is stopping me now!!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Mrsshrinkinglady » May 15th, 2005, 10:40 am

Christi,
You lookGREAT!!
Those kidders sure are CUTIES along with their Mama!!
You will be at goal before we know it!!!
Shrink aka Mary
Mrsshrinkinglady
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 15th, 2005, 10:52 am

Christi..........thanks so much for sharing these pictures...... :rose: .....Dean is right......... ..the mothers day picture is def one to be framed!!!!!....... :yes: ...................I love the close up!!!...........you are so pretty.....your smile......your eyes......your skin is beautiful.............and lucky you.........you have one set of great legs............. :yay: ..............I do have to mention...........the boys are adorable......such blessings........... :angel: ...........so happy for you........you are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!..keep it up
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 15th, 2005, 1:24 pm

Christi~~You are gorgeous! And what cute fellows too...........I love little boys :heart: (I love little girls too but I am a little biased)..............I'm jealous of your skinny legs. As I have posted before I have thunder thighs and have always wanted skinny legs. :x OH WELL!

It is so wonderful to see the shrinking Christi. You look so happy......it is obvious you are a wonderful mom.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

smile says it all...

Postby LAwoman » May 15th, 2005, 9:41 pm

lilmstexas,

Your smile and eyes just radiate that you feel as fabulous as you look.
What a difference in just two months.
Don't you just love it!!!
Can't you just imagine what you're going to feel and look like in another two months.
:dance: What a hottie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your continuing success. Keep up the great loss and positive attitude.

See ya' at goal ;)

soon to be,
thininLA
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby fatBgone » May 15th, 2005, 10:17 pm

Hi Christi,
WOW - you look great!! :yay: I just checked out your before pics too & you were cute before, but I can't believe how much 26 pounds off makes a difference. I've lost about the same amount, but I don't see myself in the mirror with that dramatic of a change....guess it's cause I still have alot more to go than you. When did you start? I saw you joined 3/7, but when did you start MF?

I know what you mean about seeing people come and go....I'm an Air Force Brat and we never lived on the same base for more than 2 years...it was just always moving, moving, moving OR my new friends were moving. But, I think that helped make me the person that I am today & I have lots of friends all over the place. Even as an adult though, I find it hard to bond with women for the long term....I like those NEW friendships the best & kinda just float around alot. I've often wondered if that was because of how I grew up.

Well, anyway, you'll be at your goal in no time...actually you look good enough to quit anytime....I'll be happy when I'm closer to my goal too!! Take care & thanks for all your kind words and fun posts. I enjoy reading yours all the time.
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby bikipatra » May 15th, 2005, 11:18 pm

Christi, it is after 2am but I just got a chance to read today's posts! You look so great! You are like me a little in the way you carry or don't carry your weight...your arms and legs look so slim! Your legs look mighty sexy in those shorts! You really give me something to strive for...I seem to have hit a stall and haven't been able to exercise like I want but you make me want to keep on. I think about how you have transformed and blossomed in the short time I have known you. It makes me believe it can happen for me too. Thanks so much for your inspiration.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Nancy » May 15th, 2005, 11:44 pm

Christi ~

:heart: Loved seeing your latest pictures - what's the deal with wearing such a BIG shirt, though? Huh? :huh:

It's time to shed that tent and wear something that fits your body!

You really do look like a :cleader: cheerleader, Darlin' - great legs, Girl!

I think your little boys are adorable! :hug:

Proud of you - shake it up and shake the rest of it off! :kool:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 16th, 2005, 3:33 am

Hey Nancy,
It's funny you mention the shirt. If you notice that shirt has my officer shield on it and I had made some home contacts that morning and never changed out of it. Right before I started medifast (On March 7th) we all had ordered new shield shirts for work and I bought 5 shirts in 2X :shock: I knew I was starting to lose weight but I hadn't worn anything smaller than that in soooooooo long that I couldn't gamble on my success :( So everyone at work is saying the same thing. But.......I can't just buy those shirts at the store and I don't really care whether I look sexy for my offenders or not ;) I have alot of smaller pants but NO smaller shirts to be had. For the first time I am losing inches all over and I'll have to deal with alot of issues about wearing more form fitting clothes. I've been "concealing" for soooooooooo long.

Like all of you have noticed I do not retain very much weight, if any, in my legs and arms. Alot of you will feel envious of that, but dear friends let me tell you that because I retain every bit of weight in my stomach and on my back and hips I am very round. My stomach is hanging down so badly because of years of yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo dieting and 2 c-sections. I conceal that fact with the larger shirts. Add my diabetes into that mix and I get many infections and have had many many procedures over the years to CUT AWAY infections that manifest under my c-section scars.

I have been wanting to share this with you and talk with you all about this since last Thursday when I found out I have been approved by my insurance to have a consult with a plastic surgeon. I have dreamed of this for so many years. All the pain and suffering. Not only over my appearance, but legitimate pain from being cut with scalples (sp?) in my doctor's office with no anesthesia, to have cysts opened and infection drained out under my BIG FAT FLABBING ROLL :cry: The embarrassment of laying on the table and having to hold my stomach up so he could do this to me is undescribable. Right now I go to a Marine base and have a 6'5" male doctor who does this delicate procedure for me. He doesn't have the BEST bedside manner if you can imagine.

I don't know whether it will ultimately be approved, but next Monday, on the 23rd I have my consult. I will be able to proudly say I've lost 26lbs and I will not have anything done to me before I am at goal. With all the changes I see happening, and yes they are happening all over my body, this problem unfortunately isn't going to go away. BUT.......I can certainly be as healthy as I can be when it happens (IF it happens). I'm scared to be honest. But for once I have my diabetes under control, I have my eating under control, and health wise I am in an optimal place. Now I just have to wait and see if this will happen for me.

I'm sorry about going into all this detail. This may be more detailed than some will feel comfortable with. But I have wanted to talk about this for several days and just didn't bring myself to put it out there. But I want my friends to know what's happening. Hopefully all my friends who have posted about my picture will be coming back to see what others are saying and will read this. I guess it just all came out this morning because I'm feeling particularly emotional about it today.

I hope you all have a marvelous week. I am going to be preoccupied with myself, but sure have alot of work that needs to be done!!

Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby Nancy » May 16th, 2005, 4:20 am

:hug: Oh, Christi!

We'll just have to :angel: pray that the insurance approves of the medical intervention for you!

Wouldn't that be a wonderful 'accomplishment gift' for you for reaching your goal and also an incentive for keeping it off! :rose:

Your diabetes and health will surely be in a better state when you lose the rest of those nasty flabbers, too! ;)

Doctors are always reluctant to do surgeries on overweight people but now that you are moving southward on the scale... :boing:

Smaller shirts will reveal your accomplishment to YOU first of all and it will also help to keep you honest with yourself...you look absolutely great!
You deserve a new tummy - here's to it! :toast:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby want2Bthin » May 16th, 2005, 9:39 am

Christi-

Girl you look terrific!

Angelia :lol: