Last day with BELLY MONSTER

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Last day with BELLY MONSTER

Postby LilMsTexas » July 7th, 2005, 2:39 am

Ok......it's 5:00 a.m. and I've been up for an hour already :shock: Can't sleep.....toss and turn......good grief I'm wired.

I have a laundry list of things to do today since yesterday was my last day at work. I'm glad I have alot to do today so I'll be busy.

Last night I did something I had been putting off. I went through my clothes and REALLY got rid of EVERYTHING that is "oversized". My sister-in-laws are both heavier than me now (first time EVER) and could benefit from my clothes. My mother-in-law is here as I've mentioned, and she pointed out that I should just get rid of all these clothes "unless I needed to keep them for when I gained all my weight back" :shock: Ok......I couldn't run down to the basement to sort these clothes fast enough!! But it was hard getting rid of some of them. My comfort zone was being invaded BIG TIME. As I looked at some of them and realized JUST how big on me they would be right now I was a little confused feeling. Do you know what I mean? When I'm "those" sizes I never seem "that" big to me I guess. But looking at all the clothes and the varying sizes made me really come to terms with the abuse I've put my body through over the years. But ladies and gentlemen let me tell you.......it's a pretty awesome feeling this morning looking at that big pile of clothes that are leaving my house forever 8)

Do any of you remember my Rocky Mountain jean story? That I will have "made it" when I can wear my Rockies again? Well it happened. This morning I decided to try them on one more time before surgery and OH MY GOSH THEY FIT!!! I didn't have to lay down or use any tools to get in them lol and they fit sooooooooo nice. My waist is so little. But my belly monster is still round and buldging out and so gross looking. But for the first time in my life I know that it will be gone and never to return. I will be able to put these jeans back on and they will hang like they are supposed to and accentuate my WAIST and not my belly :D I cannot WAIT to share pictures of me in these jeans :D And yesterday I was in the Osh Gosh store and they are getting rid of their adult line. I think I've mentioned before that I bought a pair of pants there not to long ago in a SIZE 8 in hopes that I will be wearing them after surgery. Well yesterday I was in there again and I decided to try something on and see if I could guess what I might wear later and HOLY COW I could wear a size 10! :shock: Now again........the belly monster would keep me from actually wearing them out in public, but the waist was fine and everywhere but my stomach was loose and fit really nice. A size 10?? I don't have a single article of clothing smaller than a 14 in my house!! And getting back into the 14s was REALLY thrilling!!

I know I'm rambling........I just want to talk to all of you so badly this morning. I want to thank you all for continuing to mention me and think of me and pray for me. This morning my throat was all choked up and my chest was swelling with emotion as I sat here and read all the well wishes. I just want to take you all to the coffee shop and sit down and drink some coffee and chat the day away until tomorrow like I would with an old friend. I made the list last night of the phone calls my DH has to make and Nancy was at the very top of the list (right under my parents of course).

I guess this is all for now. I should go get in the shower while Broden is still sleeping. I'm going to Curves this morning to be measured one last time so I'll know exactly what this surgery meant to me physically. I'm also going to get my valium filled so I can get through the IV tomorrow :shock: And of course my PEDICURE! No surgery is complete without the PRE-SURGERY PEDICURE right? hehe Oh gosh I'm really nervous now. Is it really time? I guess it is. WOW! Ok.....I'm signing off.

You all take good care of each other for me. I will be thinking of all of you and even all you new kids on the block ;) I'll be reading on here one last time tonight before I leave for the hotel. Oh my gosh.....it's tonight! Ok......I'm really getting off here now.

BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG CHRISTI HUGS to all of you!!

P.S. I'm still at 149 this morning ;)
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby martha » July 7th, 2005, 5:43 am

CHRISTI---

WOW you have finally made it.. 149. WOW!!!!!!! that's AWESOME!!!!! I am praying for a quick recovery for you . I know just what you are talking about when you say the belly monster :mrgreen: and I think your mother-in-law was right .. why should you hang on to all of those old BIG clothes.. It's time for the new you to be free...I know you were soo excited to be in those 10 jeans.. WOW!!!!!!!!!! I can hardly wait till my time arrives to be able to say that.. you are truely an inspiration to us all. I will be thinking of you all day today and tomorrow and look forward to reading an update on you following your surgery.. CONGRATULATIONS on reaching the 140's before your surgery..God bless you--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby KeleeGrl » July 7th, 2005, 5:51 am

Christi...we are all thinking about you and :angel: pray for a speedy recovery. You are going to look even more beautiful. You are a great inspiration to me and the other MF'ters. :yourock:
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Terri » July 7th, 2005, 6:17 am

Hi Christi
I too was up real early - Love this program, I can get more done in one day than ever before. When my teenage boys wakeup by hhhhhhmmm 11 or 12 - I love rattling off the multitude of everything I have accomplished :)
I am new to the forum, so I am not sure what type of surgery - though I will be praying for you personally.
"How nice" of you to give your "Fat" clothes away to sisters in laws :)
I remember saying a prayer before Medifast - "Lord if you will not make me skinny - Please make all my friends Fat" :mrgreen:
Totally joking - but it is amazing the mind games we needed to play prior to this great program.
Congrats on 149!!
Wow this is such a great program
- David and Terri Miller

Terri
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby 70 » July 7th, 2005, 6:47 am

Christi,
Good luck tomorrow! I can't wait to hear how everything went post -op. I've been wanting a tummy tuck also. After having a C-section with my twins I now have what one of my girlfriends calls a "mothers apron". Ewwww, I can't stand the sound of that! Anyway, all my friends have been trying to talk me out of it because of it being major surgery, but I still want to have it. Who wants to go around looking like they have a "butt" in the back and FRONT! ( hee, hee) I'll have to get some info from you after your recovery. Of coarse I have to lose my extra weight first, like you did. I watch "Dr. 90210" sometimes, and the before and after results are always amazing. You inspire me to reach my goals too. Our weight goals are almost the same and I want a tummy tuck also. Seeing you reach your goals helps me believe that I can reach mine. Thank you and all the best.......I will be thinking about you too.

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Postby MomsTherapy » July 7th, 2005, 6:52 am

I know you are nervous but you will do fine! It will be tough for a few days but not that tough because you will be so excited to heal and see the NEW CHRISTI!!!!! YAY!

Congrats on the jeans! I have a few pair like that and I really don't see when I look at them how I ever fit in them. But I will again!!!!

Waiting for your safe return.....
~Leah
Leah (Lee-uh):D aka MomsTherapy

MomsTherapy
Trusted Member

Postby want2Bthin » July 7th, 2005, 6:57 am

Christi-

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! :-P I will continue to pray for you & your surgeon tomorrow. I know you are so happy about this finally being here! I can't wait to see you in your rockies. You are such a sweetie & you really deserve this! :D

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » July 7th, 2005, 8:40 am

All our thoughts and prayers will be there with you Christi.

See the new you soon....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby tink » July 7th, 2005, 9:51 am

Christi - I wanted to wish you well and send you tons of prayers and hugs all the way from Alabama! I know you will be on top of the world to have your "belly monster" gone and just think the thrill of shopping after it is all said and done will be an unbelievable feeling for you. You are such an inspiration not only to myself but so many people here. I keep thinking to myself after I get this weight off I will be able to have my surgery like Christi ... Christi did it so can I .. I remind myself of this all the time. I want to have a "lift" for the old girls SO bad and have for years. I can only imagine how I will feel going in for my surgery ...

You take care and I can't wait to see some pictures in those Rockies!

:whoohoo: :goodluck: :bighug:
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Emma » July 7th, 2005, 10:07 am

Best Wishes Christi:

I wish you a smooth procedure and a speedy recovery. Can't wait to see the after photos! Get lots of rest - we'll miss you.

:hug:

emma
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma

Postby Tk » July 7th, 2005, 1:02 pm

Christi - YOU ROCK!! YOU GO GIRL!!!
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby LuzInIt » July 7th, 2005, 1:03 pm

Christi, we are all so excited for you, and so glad the day is finally here!!! And you in the 140's :D - my daughter is in the mid 140's and the girl is skinny (Ann Taylor size 2 - is that a real size :shock: ?)! What a bitty little thing you'll be when the "monster" gets lopped off. I'm rushing to go out of town this weekend (you know what a bear work is trying to get away). I am so hoping there will be an internet nearby so I can check up on you! You are in my thoughts and prayers - wishing you an easy IV, an uneventful surgery, and a very speedy recovery.
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » July 7th, 2005, 1:33 pm

Christi,

BEST WISHES! I hope things go smoothly and praying that the pain isn't too bad. CONGRATS on the 140's, you are doing awesome and the tummy tuck is just the icing on the cake of hard work you've put forth.

Can't wait for all the pictures!
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls

Postby mytime » July 7th, 2005, 9:14 pm

Christi - I have been thinking of you all day and no doubt tomorrow will bring more of the same. You are an incredible inspiration. All of this and the 140's too - AMAZING !!! I am wishing you the very best IV, surgery and post op. Can't wait to have you back - take care and know we are all thinking of you !!!! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby fatBgone » July 7th, 2005, 10:43 pm

Hi Christi!!!

I knew there would be a final post from you and belly monster today and I wanted to make sure and read it and add my two cents before it was too late! I've been thinking of you all day - actually every day this week!

I haven't even had time to get online hardly at all though, but I'm about to go to bed right now and I just wanted to let you know that you've been in my thoughts and prayers. I hope your recovery is speedy and that everything goes BETTER than you even expect!! I'm so glad you've got your mother-in-law there to help you with the boys - that'll be a great relief for when you come home.

Well, make sure Darren calls Nancy, since we'll all be waiting on pins & needles to find out how you're doing! I'm looking forward to the pics in your Rocky Mountain Jeans!! They're still popular down here in Texas - ya know....but I'm not anywhere near ready getting into a pair of them yet! You're such an inspiration for all of us!!

I'll be soooo glad when this week is over - well actually a bit sad too though. This is the last week of swim practice for my 3 kids and we have our last 2 meets on Saturday and Sunday. We had our Awards Ceremony on Tuesday night and I was very busy helping to prepare for that. Even though I'll have alot of extra free time starting next week - I'll be missing everyone and the routine of getting up at 6:15 every day and hanging out at the pool til noon. Ok....wait - when I type that - I realize how INSANE that sounds......so maybe I won't miss it that much after all....hehehe!!!

Well, anyway, take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. Take advantage of the time you'll be able to relax while your mother in law is there to help.

Talk to ya soon - and you'll be freed forever of that "belly monster"!! YEAH!!!
Lisa
fatBgone

Next

Return to Come on in.