belly and exercise

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

belly and exercise

Postby doglover » February 20th, 2005, 11:52 am

Two questions:
I began to have a rumbly belly yesterday afternoon after my 2nd shake of the day (3rd meal). Then after dinner (I ate lean beef and salad) I really felt bloated. Could it be possible that I am now having lactose intolerance symptoms? Can it come after 12 days on the program? I am also very much PMS-ing so didn't know if it was related to the upcoming visit of my monthly cycle. Any hints would be great.

Secondly, I really miss exercising so last night I decided since I was close to being done w/ week 2 (Mon. will officially start week 3) I would try to walk for 10 min. I got on the treadmill and my legs felt so weak and tired. It was like I was climbing up hill the whole time! Is this a signal from my body not to try yet? Should I give it another week? Or is that normal and I can just work through it? Thanks again for any insights.

Happy Shakin' :exercise:
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Re: belly and exercise

Postby BerkshireGrl » February 20th, 2005, 12:04 pm

Donna,

Heya! :) About your stomach issues, I don't want to go into TMI...

Men, avert yer delicate eyes! :lol:

But I have that problem just before I get my period too. Like clockwork! It's some hormonal weirdness I think, it is like a full body purge, ya know? :tongue: Sometimes I love being a girl, oh yeah...

I don't think it's lactose intolerance after 12 days on MF. But I'm not a doc either heh! I'd say see if it goes away after a few days, and then you might be able to blame your fun monthly guest!

On the exercise, the guidebook says to wait 4 weeks before gently reintroducing exercise. Take a break, chill, and let yer bod get used to the big calorie reduction before you jump back on that treadmill :) Trust me, you WILL lose weight regardless of whether you are putting in treadmill time or not!

:runner: Soon your fat will be on the run! Whee!
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby bk » February 20th, 2005, 12:58 pm

i have always had wicked problems with the intestines & that time of the month. they totally stop working about 2 days before my period and after its all over they start working again very quickly. :shock:

i have said this on another thread, and it is also mentioned in success in a shaker jar - you can get the feeling of being hungry from having too much acid in your stomach. i felt physically hungry for two-three days right around my second week. i took one pepcid and have not had the problem again since.

you might also try some bullion for that weak feeling in your legs. also, did ya check the incline on your treadmill? if you're going to use it, i say just take a nice little stroll on it. gentle reintroduction! right now, think of it more as activity than exercise. i am more inclined to say take the stroll than stop completely, especially if you're having tummy issues. a little activity can go a long way in that area!

and don't forget to drink that water!

bk
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.