DING DONG BELLY MONSTER'S GONE (Graphic)

Post your before/after pictures here.
Clothing required...:)

DING DONG BELLY MONSTER'S GONE (Graphic)

Postby LilMsTexas » July 11th, 2005, 1:34 pm

Well everybody.......here they are.......the good, the bad, and the horribly ugly. I wasn't sure if I would ever really reveal these pictures......but your love and generosity has given me the strength to push on. I will tell you about each picture as I go along.

WARNING: THESE PICTURES ARE GRAPHIC AND VERY REVEALING. THEY ARE NOT FOR THE WEAK AT HEART OR THE WEAK OF STOMACH!

These first two pictures are BEFORE MEDIFAST right at the very beginning. These are the pictures I have told you about from the very beginning that I might share at some point.

These next two pictures were taken 6-30-2005 which was just days before the surgery in the same outfit in the same location in my hallway. You can certainly see a difference, but most likely NOT the difference you would expect to see in comparison to pictures of me with full clothes on. Total weight lost at this point is 37lbs.

Now these next two pictures are the hardest to share. They are of the Belly Monster in all its glory. I have left off my face because of the revealing nature of these photos. You can't see anything "private" of course, because neither could I :shock: This should explain everything without having to say a word.

<edit>added above photos - UT</edit>

These last two pictures are from today in my surgeon's office. I am of course still very swollen according to my doctor, but you can see there is NO MORE BELLY MONSTER! In fact there is NOTHING hanging ANYWHERE and I think the incision looks fannnnnnnntabulous! As time goes on and the swelling subsides I will post some more "after" pictures.......but I know you are all dying to see them now!

So........there you have it. I hope the pictures will show up clearly. If not, I will make a little web site that you can all view with a link later on. This should get the ball rolling though. Maybe I should have titled this post SHOCK AND AWE :shock: lol
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » July 11th, 2005, 1:45 pm

Also please read the post I wrote under the pictures of me and Linda. I really rambled on over there and don't want you to miss it lol :D
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby dlr2424 » July 11th, 2005, 1:56 pm

Christi...... :D ...can't wait to see the pictures........ :D .....so happy you have made it to the computer today..............
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » July 11th, 2005, 2:03 pm

CHRISTI--

I am waiting on pins and needles to see the pictures.. I too want a tummy tuck after its all gone.. but have been sooo scared of the surgery and the scar.. thanks you so much for sharing with us..I am so glad you are getting back on line with us.. don't overdo and take care..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LessOfMe » July 11th, 2005, 2:31 pm

Christi.... All I have to say to you is this:

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
:rose:

You are living it out by sharing so willingly with all of us the pictures of your transition.

Thank you.

Karen
284 > 238 >

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:1-3
LessOfMe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby LuzInIt » July 11th, 2005, 3:02 pm

CHRISTI, YOU ARE SO BRAVE!!!! People, I have seen the MONSTER in all its glory and I can tell you, the change is miraculous (those biker shorts were doing an awesome job of holding it back!) Christi, you look spectacular, and to me it sure looks like your cute little tummy is sporting a sweet smile, not a scar. I know you are going to be swamped with requests for information from all of us hoping for a little nip and tuck in the future. I'll be following your recovery closely and continue to wish you all the best. How wonderful of you to share something so sensitive and personal with your friends here.
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Emma » July 11th, 2005, 3:07 pm

Christi:

Thank you for sharing your photos. It was so difficult to picture what you were talking about regarding your belly because you hid it so well in other photos with your large shirts.

So again - congrats on getting rid of the "Belly Monster"! You've truly transformed yourself and you should be so proud of yourself.

I bet you can't wait to buy some new clothes too
:partytime:

Get lots of rest!
emma
:D
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma

Postby Sablebaby » July 11th, 2005, 3:27 pm

Wow, that's incredible! I can't believe what the belly monster looked like before and at your weight. Never heard of such a thing.
But, now look at that cute little tummy. I'm so glad you made it through and without much pain.
:yourock: :bighug: :bravo: :whoohoo: :cleader:
Heather
Sablebaby
Trusted Member

Postby ljm498 » July 11th, 2005, 3:36 pm

Christi, you are such an inspiration and so very brave. I'm so happy everything went well for you! There is such a difference and you must feel so much better. I am really in awe of your courage for the surgery itself and to share with us your personal pictures. :bow:

Please take it easy and get plenty of rest!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Mommy2girls » July 11th, 2005, 4:02 pm

Christi,

Thank you so much for sharing these deeply personal pictures of yourself. I'm so happy that everything went well for you and I am saying a small prayer that your healing continues nice and smooth.

You look fantastic even before the surgery and I know you are so happy to be rid of BELLY MONSTER forever.

Keep resting and know that we are all thinking of you!
Sheila
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls

Postby Unca_Tim » July 11th, 2005, 4:15 pm

bump....

Added photos....See original post.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby kimalexrn » July 11th, 2005, 5:13 pm

Christi, Christi, Christi,

You look mmmmmmmaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvalous. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. You have shown what the word "friendship and Family" means. Nothing but a friend would share like you. I'm a nurse and from what I see, your incision looks great. May God be with you through out your recovery. :D :D :D :D

Kim
Kim

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5Thil4/]
[/url]

Started MF 5/09/05
250/200/170
Started AGAIN 07/15/08
249/200/160
kimalexrn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby martha » July 11th, 2005, 5:49 pm

CHRISTI--

When I looked the 1st time some of the photos were missing..thanks UNCA-- :D :D you ahve made me happy today..
I am soo glad they added the photos-- your belly moster looks remarkly like mine.. they must be cousins are something :mrgreen: Really though thanks soo much.. I wouldn't have ever been able to tell with your shirt on and I am the same way with my shirts on-- you are sooo pretty and now your body is too :D can't ait till we meet at the reunion..I am praying for a speedy recovery for you..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » July 11th, 2005, 6:12 pm

Kim,
I was noticing the incision and stitches too and I think she did a really great job :D I will be sure and mention that to her on Thursday when I have my drains out. I am so excited that I am having very very minimal bleeding and my drains are hardly worth emptying to be honest. The scar is very long but I think she sewed me up so tight and little that when it heals and lightens in color over time it will hardly be noticeable. I'm not exactly up for changing my career to PAROLE OFFICER GONE STRIPPER lmao :shock:

Martha......I'm glad you can relate to my pictures.....well, I'm not glad you have this same problem (you know what I mean ;) ) but I am sharing all of this because I don't want other women --older and younger--to feel alone or strange or a like a FREAK :( By discussing our lives and struggles and victories we gain strength and confidence to handle our own situations. I am hoping I will be able to give back all of the love and support I have been given throughout this journey to many many others.

And my journey is far from over ladies and gentlemen. Once I reach goal I am seriously considering becoming a health advisor with the support and teaching of Nancy and Terry and Tim. If I don't do anything else I won't be leaving this forum. And now I'm really excited to start planning our MEDIFASTERS UNITE trip in October so stay tuned for upcoming details. I will be polling shortly.

I've taken a flexeril for the back spasms tonight and my eyes are a little crossy right now lol. I'd better sign off and go back upstairs before it becomes to dangerous.

Ni night everybody,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby 70 » July 11th, 2005, 6:37 pm

Christi,
You look absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been wanting a tummy tuck and "boob" lift since having my twins, but have to lose the weight first . After seeing your before and after pics, I definitely want to get it done! I have so many questions for you, but I know you need to recover first. I had a C-section, so I know what it's like to recover from major abdominal surgery. How did you choose a surgeon and how do you start the process for possible insurance coverage for the sugery? The surgeon you picked did a fantastic job judging by the pics. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Start 8/22/05
5'8" (medium frame)
1st mini goal- 180
2nd mini goal- 160
Ultimate goal- 140
Trusted Member

Next

Return to Studio