Kelly C

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby holberry » May 30th, 2007, 7:35 am

:hugblue: take care Kelly .
hol
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mavesse » May 30th, 2007, 8:45 am

I'm so glad you checked in, Kelly. I've been wondering about you, and I'm sorry to hear of your apartment woes and all the stress you guys are under.

If you ever feel like venting, I'm here ;)

Take care,

:hug: Mavesse
Mavesse
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » May 30th, 2007, 6:51 pm

Kelly - so sorry to hear that things are tough for you right now. I hope things start getting better.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby KellyC » May 31st, 2007, 9:24 pm

Thank you all for nice words. big hugs to you all.. for being here.. for caring.

I've realized over the past week or so, that coming here and reading the boards every day really helps alot. I've been staying away, not for any particular reason or anything.. just not making time for it... and I think that has affected me in a negative way.

I've also been eating things I shouldn't over the past week.. rationalizing it.. saying my order will be here soon.. it's just 1 day.. but that 1 day has now become 9 days..

So, I ordered a few boxes off ebay from someone here in montreal who was quitting.. those are supposed to be here tomorrow.. i also received 2 boxes i was waiting for from an old trade. so i'm back to it tomorrow i hope. tomorrow is my last day of antibiotics, so i'm not sure if i want to wait until saturday to start.. the antibiotics make my tummy flip a little bit.. if i don't take them with milk. but i'll try taking them with a shake, maybe that will have the same effect as milk. if i feel ick in the morning after my 1st antibiotic dose, i'll finish the day with fruits and veggies.. and start the full fast on saturday.

ive realized that i'm feeling like crap because of the bad things that are happening, but i realized tonight that i MISS medifast, i MISS feeling stronger and more energetic and even happier. that is so great.. actually wanting to abandon the things that used to make me feel good like chocolate and salty snacks, because they are now making me feel like garbage. i'm very happy about that.

KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mike » May 31st, 2007, 11:01 pm

Glad you are doing better and you are back here. You shall soon be enjoying your Medigrub once again. ( I promise). :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Tawanda » June 1st, 2007, 5:53 am

Kelly, if you need to wait one more day to begin, there is nothing wrong with that. Just make Saturday your new start day and come here often for encouragement (from us to you and from you to us :) ) and just to interact with others who understand what you are going through in sticking to program.

Glad you are feeling better and look forward to watching those pounds melt away for you.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby KellyC » June 5th, 2007, 9:06 pm

Things just can't seem to fall into place.. it has been a remarkably stressful 10 days or so..

I finally received notice that my MF meals were delivered to the post office, I guess I wasn't home to sign for them. Anyways, I hope to have them tomorrow, and will start on Thursday. Which seems like screwy day to start, but I feel I need to get going as soon as possible.

My computer is having massive problems, it won't stay on for more than 20 minutes at a time.. I've narrowed down the problem to the power supply. Which is a pain to replace, and will cost about $75. I've been wanting to switch to a laptop for a long time.. so I'm hoping to do that soon.. I'm just trying to scrape together the cash for it. Trying to sell a bunch of computer bits we have laying around.. and some other stuff that I don't have time to ebay (Anyone in the computer biz, and want to buy a box full of parts, cheap?).

Whew. This summer is shaping up to be very busy already..
KellyC

Postby Mike » June 5th, 2007, 11:25 pm

Glad the stuff is in the neighborhood at least ;)

:roll:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby KellyC » June 13th, 2007, 11:42 am

Started again on Monday.. I had put on a couple of water weight pounds, which have now dropped off. I'm glad that the few weeks off didn't really have a negative effect.

I did badly over the weekend though.. Jeremy and I went to see Oceans 13 (way better than O12 btw).. and I rationalized away a full bag of popcorn by saying "I'm starting again tomorrow.. just one last hurrah.. won't really matter".. I'm disappointed in myself, but, I'm refusing to dwell on it.

I was nervous to start again, since the first time, the first 2 days were quite rough. But, it was really easy. I guess since it hadn't been that long.. I was still used to the rhythm. I had a small headache on Monday, but today and yesterday have been ok. Been keeping very busy, which really really helps to stay on program.

Still don't have a computer.. it's the only reason I've not been around. Really working to get the money together for a working laptop.. just not had alot of luck selling off the parts of my old computer.

OH -- I tried the "magical" scrambled eggs everyone has been on about..... I won't be having those again. Already I'm not a huge fan of eggs, scrambled or omelettes are the only ways I can eat them.. but the MF eggs really really creeped me out.. going from the powder to the consistency of eggs was really strange.. and I really really didn't like the smell.

so, maybe i'll try some of the recipes for cookies or whatever i can find.. if that doesn't work, i'll ebay them.

otherwise, everything has been getting better I think.. laurent is getting better, slowly, but any improvement is welcome..
the landlord finally fixed our bathroom and balcony.. we found a place to move in August when our lease is up, a much much nicer place for cheaper, so that was really good news.. still working on buying a car, we've not really found anything we like yet, but, there's not a big hurry really.
KellyC

Postby bikipatra » June 13th, 2007, 12:32 pm

KellyC wrote:

OH -- I tried the "magical" scrambled eggs everyone has been on about..... I won't be having those again. Already I'm not a huge fan of eggs, scrambled or omelettes are the only ways I can eat them.. but the MF eggs really really creeped me out.. going from the powder to the consistency of eggs was really strange.. and I really really didn't like the smell.

in August when our lease is up, a much much nicer place for cheaper, so that was really good news.. still working on buying a car, we've not really found anything we like yet, but, there's not a big hurry really.

Glad things are working out with your living situation. Along with you I am apparently one of the few people who can't stand the scrambled eggs. The very first time I had them I microwaved them and they were palatable. After that they always messed up. Then I tried the skillet method and part of the eggs turned green! Never again!~
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Mike » June 13th, 2007, 10:09 pm

Hi Kelly.... glad things are improving.
As for the eggs, sorry you aren't enjoying them. I do, but thats me... I would definitely try some of the recipes. Di's muffins and brownies are good, and of course... the pancake recipe I love.

Hope you are able to procure a laptop so you can get more support soon.

Have a great day. Its my last day with students tomorrow.... :nana: :dance: :bounce: :yes: :yay: :bravo: :partytime: :coolnana: :bananadance: :whoohoo: :woohoo: :muahaha:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby KellyC » June 16th, 2007, 4:24 pm

yay for tax returns.. we are now out of debt and my new laptop is on the way. :) :)

my first week back on program has been very easy.. i think that the heat helps.. i don't want to eat much and i'm drinking like crazy. I've lost 10lbs just this week, though I'm sure 6 of that was water weight.

my mother in law left for morocco this week, she'll be gone 7 weeks total.. so my first goal is to stay on program for that time.

my birthday is july 25.. i was thinking about going off program for the day but i think i will stick to it, and instead of birthday cakes and whatever, I will make a pavlova or meringue for myself.. with splenda, a drop of whipped cream made with splenda and walden farms syrup for me.. fresh berries for everyone else. maybe I'll splurge a tiny bit and have a rib steak instead of the usual sirloin.

we went to the huge farmers market today.. one of my favorite places in the world.. i love the people yelling out about thier fresh tomatoes and peaches.. all the beautiful colors and smells.. it's a lovely thing to do on a saturday afternoon.... plus, we can get everything at literally a quarter the price what we pay at the huge grocery, and it's so much fresher and tastier.

for fathers day tomorrow, we're going to father in law's house.. gonna do a barbeque with shrimps and scallops and lobster.. lots of fresh fruits and veggies and i'll probably do a nice watermelon puree to drink.. i think that will make a nice summery meal.

wow, things really have gotten so much better from last week.
KellyC

Postby Tawanda » June 16th, 2007, 4:38 pm

Kelly, it is good to see an update from you as I was just thinking of you earlier today, wondering how you were doing.

It sounds like things are looking up for you & your hubby! :) Your b'day is my anniversary.....and I think it is Jo's b'day, too. Lots of good things happened on that day throughout the years. :)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » June 16th, 2007, 4:44 pm

Yay for tax returns.... glad thats all fixed.... :mrgreen:

Congrats on the weight loss. Sounds like you have all the plans set, so go for it girl. ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Postby holberry » June 16th, 2007, 5:38 pm

You sound great Kelly ;)
Here's to your success :goldstar:
hol
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal