Kelly C

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby KellyC » May 4th, 2007, 10:05 am

Exactly what I didn't want to happen, has happened. I am officially a slave to the scale. *big sigh*

That 2.2# is gone, but nothing more with it. I'm frustrated.

Called the doctor about switching to the full fast.. she said it was ok, but I would have to take iron supps along with it, which I'm not crazy about, those supps give me a tummy ache.

Plus, I would have to have bloodwork done pretty often, which I'm REALLY not crazy about.. I have panic attacks when faced with needles.

I'm anxiously awaiting a few trades in the mail.. I'm expecting some of those "amazing" eggs everyone keeps going on about.

I took the form off the toilet today, it was disgusting, I couldn't deal with it anymore. We'll see if the cats continue to use the toilet or not.. crossing my fingers!
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Serendipity » May 4th, 2007, 10:10 am

Kelly, Don't get discouraged. Many people have a plateau after that initial big loss. Just stick it out and you will continue to lose......promise!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby holberry » May 4th, 2007, 5:51 pm

Ohhh Kelly, tomorrow will bring, or the next day a loss. You will be amazed! :thumbup:
hb
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Pashta » May 4th, 2007, 6:02 pm

If you're not losing as much as you think you should, just be extra careful with any condiments, spices and oils. Try the supplements as they are without any "doctoring" and it should help you lose faster.
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Mavesse » May 4th, 2007, 8:34 pm

Hang in there, Kelly. More losses are just around the corner; I feel sure of it! :mrgreen:
Mavesse
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby holberry » May 6th, 2007, 9:49 am

Ohh Kelly, where are you? ;)
hb
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 6th, 2007, 6:26 pm

Hi Kelly,
I haven't officially "met" you yet as I was AWOL when you joined up, but I've been catching up on your journal.

I am also one that has a big loss at the beginning and then plateaus for a few days (or weeks!), but stick it out, my body just adjusts everything for a little bit and then gets back down to the business of losing. Stick with it! We'll be here!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby KellyC » May 8th, 2007, 1:58 pm

Y'all are so great, this place really is a Godsend.

Last 5-6 days have been rough, a family friend was in a bad accident, and of course, when faced with any sort of problem, I immediately want to eat. I stayed on plan for the most part, but I did go overboard on the L&G the past 2 or 3 days, so I'm really disappointed in myself. Plus, yesterday I didn't get in all my MF meals, only 4 and an L&G that was probably too much (I was in a rush and didn't measure, just guessed at it).

I am losing though. That stall from last week seems to have resolved itself, I didn't change much really, but I have stopped adding bouillon to the soups, so maybe the drop in sodium has helped. Instead I add a teaspoon of fresh parsley, coriandre, ciboulette (I forget how to call this in english), or mint to the soups for a little variety. I will add mint, orange or vanilla extracts to the shakes and puddings, or a dash of cinnamon and splenda to the oatmeals. I try to limit myself to modifying only 1 meal a day.

I am 25# down from my highest weight in March, and not far from 20# down from when I started MF, so I'm happy for that. I am running out of clothes that fit though.. I don't mind shirts being too big, but now all my pants are too large, I look like those ridiculous kids who let thier jeans ride halfway down their butts. We are kinda tight financially right now, I can't afford to be buying new clothes every month when I drop a size or 2.. so I guess I'll have to head to Walmart and buy a couple pairs of sweatpants or something with a drawstring that I can pull tighter.
KellyC

Postby Mavesse » May 8th, 2007, 2:05 pm

Sorrry to hear about your friend, Kelly.

I was so glad to see a new post in your journal...I was worried that the stall had you bummed out. But you seem to be doing fine, given the stress you must have been under.

It's good to see you here again :D
Mavesse
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Tawanda » May 8th, 2007, 3:02 pm

Kelly, I, too, was sorry to read about your friend.

Going overboard on your L & G doesn't sound very bad...much better than using sugary foods or drive through foods or chips or any number of other foods that I've used to soothe myself in the past.

Your weight loss is excellent and impressive. Congratulations to you!

I'm glad you are here. :)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Pashta » May 8th, 2007, 4:08 pm

You are doing awesome so far! That's a nice drop. :D

Sorry to hear about your friend, but glad that you did stay on plan even though overdoing it on your L&G. It's WAY better than eating junk, right? :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta

Postby SuzyQ66 » May 8th, 2007, 4:29 pm

Hello Kelly....I've been away from the forum for a little bit - dealing with the flu - but wanted to welcome you to the forum and tell you congratulations for your continued success. This is a great program that really works. As you have probably noticed from the other people on the forum...if you work the program correctly...you will see results.

Biki - I love that you were telling Kelly to be patient....your coaching from Jo is making you rub off on others...that is so cool.

Kelly - I wish you continued success. This forum really helps the majority of us stay on track and keeps us accountable. Happy shakin'!!
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby ChynnaDoll » May 9th, 2007, 12:37 pm

Kelly, how are you doing today?

I hope that your friend is on the mend from the accident..so sorry about that.

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 9th, 2007, 3:21 pm

Kelly~ I hope your friend is recovering well. Stressful times can definitely hinder us from perfectly following the plan. I agree with Tawanda......it doesn't sound like you did too bad if you just had too much L & G.

Congratulations on your loss. You really are doing very well. :yes:

Doni
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby KellyC » May 10th, 2007, 9:56 am

Thank you for your kind wishes everyone.
Laurent is 19 years old, was riding his Vespa last Thursday night with a friend, when a taxi ran a red light and hit them. His friend has 2 shattered legs, and Laurent is still in a coma with swelling around his brain, a broken clavicle and some broken ribs. The doctors are giving him a 5% chance of survival, and have already suggested removing the life support. Laurent's mom took a sort of vote from family and friends and it was almost unanimous to keep him on the support, at least until he is stable enough to ascertain whether or not he has permanent brain damage. As of today, he still has swelling, but it is getting better, so it is cause for hope.

This sort of thing really makes you take another look at life, doesn't it?

I've been staying on plan, if anything I've gone from wanting to overeat to not wanting to eat at all. Although, a KFC commercial passed on TV last night and it was all I could do not to make a mad dash - all of a sudden I wanted some of those buttermilk biscuits more than anything else in the world. It was a strange but good feeling actually fighting the urge and winning.

We bought a grill the other day, and have been grilling all sorts of lovely things that I never would have given a second thought before Medifast. Things like grilled asparagus, mushrooms, lemon for spritzing, green beans, tomatoes.. yum. I grilled us some chicken and veggies last night, and even grilled dessert for Jer -- a few slices of pineapple with olive oil on the grill, topped with a drizzle of Nutella mixed with milk.. he said it was amazing! So that recipe is a keeper, and something to look forward to in Maintenance.

I am unofficially down 20.2# since starting Medifast, but I will wait until Sunday's official weigh in to update my ticker and request 20# club. I also didn't measure myself last Sunday, so I'm looking forward to doing that this week and comparing a 2 week difference.
KellyC

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal