Kelly C

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby vcille » May 27th, 2008, 10:51 am

Wow! three pound lost on vacation! That's awesome. I'm hoping I can say the same in 3 wks
vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby Diana » May 27th, 2008, 2:01 pm

Kelly!! Hope you waved as you flew over. :wave:

I like the new you that stops!! That's a foundational skill for leading a healthy, fit life.

Go get 'em, girl!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Diana » July 17th, 2008, 2:43 pm

Hiya, Kel

Just thinkin' boucha. . .how goes it up north??

Hugs,
Di
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana

Postby Mike » September 10th, 2008, 2:10 pm

So, how are you doing Kelly. Everything okay there?

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: Kelly C

Postby KellyC » July 25th, 2009, 1:30 pm

It's been a long while I've not been here, I've thought about alot of you many times, but changes in my life both good and bad made me spend much less time on the computer!

I quit Medifast last summer, even though the program was working for me.. I quit for 2 reasons, one, I was scared I would lose all my weight and have to have surgery to get rid of extra skin, and two, because I decided that weight loss wasn't really a main goal for me anymore.

Instead, my goal changed, to be in shape enough to play basketball again this fall. I reached that goal 2 months ago :)

I started with a trainer 3 days a week last September, in December I switched to 6 days a week, and I've been doing that ever since. I picked up swimming in February, now I swim every day too (except roughly 3 days out of the month). I bike, I walk, I skiprope 500x a day (BEST cardio ever!), I have energy I haven't had since I'm a kid. Even I don't eat medifast anymore, I kept with the 6 meals/day.. it's working well for me!

I don't know how much weight I've lost. I haven't been on a scale in months. But I do know that I've lost 46.75 inches from my biggest measurements and I'm down 14 dress sizes to a size 20. Even there's still alot of fat on me, after 11 months with the trainer (who has also become one of my best friends and a sort of counselor to me through my breakup with Jeremy), I can actually see muscles in places... my clavicles made an appearance finally.. my shoulders have definition.... it's bizarre actually, after so so many years of looking like I did, to look in the mirror and make myself see the changes instead of just seeing who I was a year ago.

I used to read people here, talking about how they'd become addicted to the gym, and I thought they were complete nutjobs ;)
There was no way *I* would ever get addicted... but.. it happened.. and now my new goal is to be able to complete a sprint triathlon in Ottawa next spring :)
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Tawanda » July 28th, 2009, 3:46 pm

Kelly, it is so good to read an update from you. I've wondered how you've been and it sounds like you've been very busy making some wonderful, positive changes in your life. I'm thrilled for you and pray that you are happy and content with all of the new changes in your life.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Stihl » July 29th, 2009, 3:54 am

Hi there Kelly. It seems like you've made incredible progress. Congratulations!

I just flipped through the first few pages of your journal, and your new life seems profoundly different from your old. Well done and keep up the great work!

Goal 1: 195 by August 24th - CHECK
Goal 2: 157 by November 26th. lose 28.6#/73 days = .392#/day
Stihl
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Previous

Return to My Journal