Kelly C

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby FrankieJ » May 10th, 2007, 11:37 am

Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's accident. :cry: I will say a prayer and keep you in my thoughts. Staying on plan with all that going on is a major achievement. You are strong! Great job on your loss....20 pounds is awesome!
Re-Re-Start Date: 7-9-07; 5'2", 183
Mini Goal: 4 wks of compliance & 165 by 8/6/07
Mini Goal: 140 by 9/30/07
Mini Goal: 125 by 11/20/67, My 40th B-Day!
FrankieJ
Trusted Member

Postby KellyC » May 12th, 2007, 1:44 pm

Ok, I've decided to give the full fast a try. I have a gazillion shakes in the cabinet..they're my least favorite, but hell, I can do ANYTHING for just a week, I just need to put it into my mind.

I have the vitamins the dr. told me to take, so I'll start on Monday with the full fast. I have to go in the following Monday for blood work to make sure everything is tiptop, so crossing my fingers on that.

I think the full fast won't be as difficult as I have it in my mind.. already when it gets time for L&G, I'm usually not all that hungry anyways. Taking a MF at that time plus the typical litre of water I have with every MF should be plenty.

Also cutting out the diete sodas once and for all.. I've been allowing myself 1 per day with my L&G. Gonna stop with that. Funny thing is, I was drinking nearly 2 litres of diete sodas before I started MF.. I love love love diete pepsi, and I thought it was going to be super hard to stop, but after 3 days or so on MF, I didn't even want it with my L&G, and half the time I just have water.

I was going to start exercising this coming week also, since I'm just finishing that 3rd week. But since I'm switching to full fast, doc said to wait another week to do cardio, but I can start with calesthenics(sp?) like sit ups and pushups and chair lifts.

So! Monday!
Doctor said I need to have alot of the shakes because of the soya, so I will be doing 4 of those a day, then having soup and maybe eggs for the other 2. Gonna try and stick with the ones with the least carbs.
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mavesse » May 12th, 2007, 1:51 pm

Wow! It sounds like you have an excellent plan, Kelly.

I didn't like the shakes much until recently, when I started putting them in the blender with a couple of ice cubes. It makes a big difference--although I can only do that when I'm at home.

I also like my vanilla shakes mixed with Crystal Lite instead of water. So far I've only tried orange and cherry, but they make for a nice change.

Can I ask why you are cutting out the diet pop? I'm afraid I'm pretty attached to mine, though I usually keep it to one can a day. Is it the salt? I have also heard that the chemicals cause our bones to lose calcium.

Have a great weekend :mrgreen:
Mavesse
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby holberry » May 12th, 2007, 1:54 pm

Plans are the key for me. My life is much better if I do.
Hope your blood work is OK.
Glad to see you posting, Kelly ;)
hb
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bikipatra » May 12th, 2007, 1:55 pm

Best of luck on the full fast. Sometimes I find it easier, especially when I'm not hungry. I'm like you, I allow myself one diet soda a day and sometimes a glass of Crystal Light too...
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby KellyC » May 12th, 2007, 3:06 pm

I'm cutting out the diete soda, because frankly, it's poison. When I was a kid, my dentist told me that when I lost one of my baby teeth, I should put it in a glass of coke and leave it for a week to see what happens. In a week, it was completely dissolved!!

So if it can do that to something that is a strong as a TOOTH, imagine what it does to your stomach lining, kidneys, etc.?!

MF is a first step for me, in completely changing my life. I intend on following MF until I am at my goal weight, and then transition into the Hallelujah Diet.

The idea behind the diet is simple. In Genesis, God originally intended for us to be raw-food vegans:

Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you;" (Genesis 1:29, New American Standard)

On this diet, man was living an average of 900 years! I used to think maybe time was measured differently back then, until I saw this verse:

Then the Lord said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." (Genesis 6:3, New American Standard)

So God got frustrated with our sinning, and wanted to shorten our lifespans. Of course, we all know what happened next, there was Noah and his family and the flood. So He wanted to start us over with shorter lifespans, but how? By introducing meat into our diets:

"Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant." (Genesis 9:3, New American Standard)

One VERY interesting thing to note; there is no mention of disease or illness before Noah's flood, but the Bible is riddled with it afterwards.

Even if we don't believe in the Bible, science says the same thing - that our bodies indicate that we were built to be plant eaters:

Meat-eaters: have claws
Herbivores: no claws
Humans: no claws

Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue
Herbivores: perspire through skin pores
Humans: perspire through skin pores

Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding
Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding
Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly
Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.
Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat
Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater
Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.
Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits
Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

So basically the idea is, if we cut out all meat, dairy, processed foods, including white flours and sugars, etc.. and we eat 15% or less cooked food.. we should live VERY healthy, long lives. My mother is a testament to this, she has been living Hallelujah for 7 years, she is in remission after 2 relapses of breast cancer. She doesn't get so much as a cold.

Sorry for the Bible lesson and the lengthy reply... :)
KellyC

Postby bikipatra » May 12th, 2007, 3:36 pm

Hey, don't apologize! It's your journal. :)
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Serendipity » May 13th, 2007, 3:09 am

Hi Kelly, I'm definately a meat eater even though I'm a human being. I'd rather give up veggies than meat, but your post reminded me of my neice. She's a vegan. I don't know if she's any healthier than the rest of us, but she is definately dedicated. Last Thanksgiving, she brought tofurkey. It was even shaped like a turkey!

Question: How do you plan to get enough protein when you give up meat?
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Tawanda » May 13th, 2007, 7:47 am

Kelly,

I was wondering how Laurent's condition is....has he continued to improve? What a difficult time for his family and all of you who love him. I hope the young man with the shattered legs is doing well.

You are doing so well on program and I look forward to you continuing to share your MF journey with us.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby KellyC » May 13th, 2007, 8:55 am

Hi Jo -
I've seen those tofurkey's.. they crack me up! As for the protein - the RDA for females over 25 is 50g. It's pretty easy to reach that with things like beans, spinach and tofu. Almost all vegetables, nuts and grains have some protein in them.

Tawanda,
Thank you for asking about Laurent! He is doing a little bit better, the swelling in his head dropped enough on Thursday for them to place a shunt to help the swelling even further. The doctors actually started him on medication that keeps him in the coma, to allow his body more time to heal without him being consious of the pain. Hopefully soon he will be recovered enough for them to do the surgery on his clavicle and leg, and we'll know how extensive the damage was to his brain.

His friend with the broken legs is doing better. Especially since Laurent has shown some improvement, it is a big moral booster for him.

The taxi driver is apparently still in shock and hasn't been out of the hospital yet either.
KellyC

Postby KellyC » May 17th, 2007, 1:52 pm

Some good news anyways, Laurent is still stable, which really is great, it really improves his chances of full recovery.

My very favorite (and only) nephew, Tristan is about 2 minutes away from learning to walk! I can't believe time has gone by so fast!!!

He was born August 2006.. Jess had me and the girls (my mom in law, our cousin, and her best friend) in the room with her when he was born, the boys (jess' hubby, her dad, jeremy and my bro in law) were out in the hall waiting.. ohmygosh that was the most incredible experience ever.. I have never felt energy like that.. or emotion like that.. when they took him and put him on the warming crib to clean him up.. he just stared and stared at me, didn't cry and latched onto my hand.. I will never forget that moment for the rest of my life.. I fell head over heels in love in about 0.02 seconds..

I have never really been around babies that young, it has been the coolest thing ever seeing him learn to do the little things like smile and laugh, sit up, roll over and crawl.. and now he's waving byebye.. and even had his sorta first word -- if we ask him if he's ready for his bath (in french it sounds like Ba), he gets all excited and mimicks the sound and starts crawling to the bathroom. If we ask him, where's maman, or papa, or kelly, or mamie or whoever.. he'll move to them and touch them.. it's so cool that in the span of about 4 weeks he went from this little grinning baby who would get up on all 4's and wiggle his little butt but couldn't crawl yet.. and would just smile and gurgle at you if you talked to him.. to this little boy who moves quick as a flash and actually answers you when you ask questions.. amazing.

Jess goes back to work just after Canada Day.. so I'll be keeping him mornings, since I still can't work legally.. I'm looking forward to it very much.. getting to do lots of fun summer things with him like going to the splash pool at the park.. and the swings.. and generally spoiling him rotten -- isn't that what auntie's are supposed to do? :)

On to other news -- Jeremy and I are trying to decide on a date for the wedding.. I guess we are legally married already, but we never had the ceremony with family and friends..

Something I don't tell alot of people.. we actually met online in a game we both used to play.. we were friends for about 3 years, and then it just sort of progressed.. until we were on the phone 6+ hours a day.. then it didn't make any sense to be apart. So we decided that I would move up here to Montreal, since I had very little to stay in Augusta for, and he had all of his family and childhood friends here.

So he came to Augusta on the bus since it costs a fortune to fly in.. and we met for the first time at the Greyhound terminal. He knew about my weight problems, and always said he didn't care. He said everyone has problems, for some it manifests as a weight problem, others smoke, others drink, whatever.

Regardless, I was TERRIFIED to meet him. And how crazy was I, planning to move with him right at the beginning!!? I had actually packed all my stuff, given a ton of furniture and household stuff to my sister, and packed up anything else that didn't fit in my car and left it in my unlocked apartment. The plan was, so long as we met and still felt the same, I was going to move right then.

I didn't tell anyone I was moving, except for my sister and my exfiance/best friend... I don't know if I was embarrassed, or afraid to jinx it, or what.

Jeremy called my cell when he got to the bus terminal.. it took me a little while to get there (it was during Masters golf week, traffic was a nightmare), and I was shaking, palms sweating, nervous as hell the entire time. I parked my car and went to get out, and my knees actually buckled!!

It took me a few minutes and a few deep breaths, but I pulled it together and walked into the bus terminal.. and I recognized Jer right away, with those huge amazing eyes he's got.. and we both sort of smiled and moved towards each other.. and then he dropped his bags and gave me this huge hug.. and whispered into my neck.. "I love you"....

It was weird having him in 3D.. in real life.. for about an hour. Then we both just fell right into how we spoke on the phone. It was like we had always been together. I showed him around town, my childhood home, my parents house, my high school and university..

Then, that afternoon, we turned in my apartment keys, called Goodwill to pick up the stuff in my living room, cancelled my utilities and bank accounts, and drove to Charleston SC to get a hotel for a bit of a vacation at the beach (don't think too terrible of me, we took seperate beds!). We stayed there for a few days, and then - off to the great white north!

We took our time, seeing bits of the States that neither of us had ever seen.. then stopping at Niagara Falls, since neither of us had ever been (didn't realize that at beginning of April it is still freakin cold there!).. then off to Montreal.. had dinner with his sister and brother in law, then off to his parents house to meet his mom and dad and little brother and an aunt who was in town from france..

These people were all AMAZING to me.. they accepted me right away as a sister, a daughter, a niece.. I expected them all to have the "fat reaction".. you know.. where people's eyes go sort of dull when they meet you for the first time.. but they didn't.. they all had genuine smiles in thier eyes.. and I fell in love with them just as I had Jeremy.. and here we are, 3 years later, living our happily ever after.

So, we're thinking of having the wedding on April 6, 2008 -- the anniversary of the first time we met in person, the first time we kissed.. and next year, for the first time, that day will not fall during Passover! Plus, I should be very near or at goal by that time (just short of 1 year of MF start).. so I'll look HOT in a wedding dress.

Wow, I sure can ramble alot.

KellyC

Postby bikipatra » May 17th, 2007, 1:58 pm

What a sweet story! You sound very lucky!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby KellyC » May 17th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Thanks Biki, I think I really am very lucky. Jeremy and his family saved me.. from myself, from staying sucked in that black hole that is Augusta, Georgia, from so many things. I'm much luckier than I probably deserve to be.
KellyC

Postby Tawanda » May 17th, 2007, 3:18 pm

KellyC wrote:Thanks Biki, I think I really am very lucky. Jeremy and his family saved me.. from myself, from staying sucked in that black hole that is Augusta, Georgia, from so many things. I'm much luckier than I probably deserve to be.

Kelly, I am guessing that you bless their lives as much as they bless your life.

AND (I'm doing the mama lecture thing, with hands on hips, lifting my eyebrow --can only lift the right one, :lol: and wagging my finger your way) Don't you ever again think that you don't deserve to be this happy or even happier. You deserve every good thing that comes your way....

end of mama lecture. ;)

Thank you for sharing how you met and came to live in Montreal.

I'm going to be excited to see the photos of you in your wedding dress next April 6th. :)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Diana » May 17th, 2007, 6:52 pm

Hi, Kelly!

Just popping in to say hi! I can't wait til I have time to really enjoy your journal. Know that you and your family will be in my prayers constantly.

:heart:, Di
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal