Kelly C

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Sojourner » May 17th, 2007, 11:13 pm

Tawanda wrote:AND (I'm doing the mama lecture thing, with hands on hips, lifting my eyebrow --can only lift the right one, :lol: and wagging my finger your way) Don't you ever again think that you don't deserve to be this happy or even happier. You deserve every good thing that comes your way....

Kelly ~ I'm standing right next to Tawanda wagging that ol' finger...

Thanks for sharing that great story.
Jer and his family sound like awesome people.
Hey...does he have a brother?? I know this great
Jewish chick in Texas who is suddenly single...

:roflmao:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby KellyC » May 19th, 2007, 12:13 am

Thank you for the mothering lectures, lol... :)
I can be really way too hard on myself.. and I have a difficult time accepting when good things happen to me.

I have been bloated and having incredible mood swings for the past 3 or 4 days.. I couldn't figure out why.. was drinking water and green tea by the gallon (green tea is supposed to be a diuretic, yes?) but I was still retaining.. and I've been depressed lately, which I haven't had much of since starting Medifast..

But GOOD NEWS.. I was just PMSing (wow, never thought I'd actually call that good news..)!!

I went on BC a couple years ago, even though I didn't think it was necessary as I haven't been ovulating for a long time, but better safe than sorry I guess. The prescription gave me TERRIBLE headaches, so I quit it last summer.. it also completely stopped my menses.. doctor said it could take several months for it to get completely out of my system and things to get back to normal.. but also my weight could cause big problems too. So I haven't worried about it, since I am so severely overweight.

Happy that a 25lb loss seems to have triggered things. Hopefully I start getting back to normal..

Though we're still not ready for kids (Jer has another year of university).. I knew I had to start preparing for it now by losing weight and getting myself healthy.. and this seems like such a huge step towards my dream of having kids coming true!!
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby KellyC » May 19th, 2007, 12:17 am

Oh, and Jer does have a brother.. but he's still jailbait! :dohdoh:
KellyC

Postby Diana » May 19th, 2007, 12:23 am

Hey, Kelly!

The PMS, the bloating, the moodiness -- probably increased estrogen in your system! Our bodies store estrogen in fat cells, so when we lose weight, it gets released and RAISES our estrogen levels!! So, congrats on the PMS! Beware, too, that it also increases fertility if that's an issue for you.

The bad news is that everything else, like toxins, that gets stored in fat cells ALSO gets released. I don't know if it's coincidence, and I do know there's nothing to verify it...but several people I know (my DH and I included) have gotten sick (colds, fluish) about a month after starting MF. My guess is it's the toxins being released. Just a head's up! :mrgreen:

A toast to our continued journey toward health!! Go get 'em!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Tawanda » May 23rd, 2007, 7:06 pm

Kelly, how are you doing? I miss seeing you update your journal!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby KellyC » May 25th, 2007, 12:11 am

I wrote a journal update this afternoon, and posted it.. but it never showed up?? How strange!

Don't have time to retype all that now.. things are ok I guess, have a bug and Dr. pulled me off MF for a few days, but on Monday I should get the all clear to start up again, with the full fast.

I've realized that I can't trust myself with the L&G, I"ve been overdoing it, and it's really a problem, so the full fast seems like the way to go. Good thing is, during summer I never want to eat much anyways, so I hope I will be able to get used to the full fast over the summer, and it will be easy enough to continue with it through the fall and winter.

Not looking forward to dealing with that 3 day thing at the restart of MF, but Dr. was really adamant about not continuing with MF while I'm getting over this... saying that it would just weaken me further instead of building me up as needed to fight the flu.

I've still lost 3lbs this week.. been avoiding carbs except for from fruit.. and eating lots of veggies.
KellyC

Postby bikipatra » May 25th, 2007, 1:01 am

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well but that in the midst of your illness you were able to lose 3 pounds. I hope they weren't related too heavily but it sounds like you have been able to eat nutritiously while losing. Congrats! Make sure you are getting enough rest and fluids!!! :angel:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tawanda » May 25th, 2007, 6:35 am

Kelly, I hope you feel better soon! :)
Tawanda

Postby katieb920 » May 25th, 2007, 3:41 pm

Feel Better Kelly...... Congrats on the 3#
Katie
Katie
katieb920

Postby KellyC » May 29th, 2007, 10:37 pm

I am not ok.

Physically, I'm healthy again. Mentally, emotionally, I AM ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Just waiting on my order to get here to start MF back up again. I ran out early last week. Doc took me off program for few days, told me it was ok to start back on Monday, but I don't have any meals.. waiting on order atm, dunno when they'll show up. I took too long to order when I was running low and then I didn't anticipate such long shipping time on top of that, so I really screwed up big time.

On top of that, life is full of negativity right now. I don't want to be a whiny child about it.. but keeping it in is killing me.

Our apartment is shit. We have had a leak behind the wall of the bathroom for MONTHS, our balcony is in such disrepair, it breaks the BUILDING CODES, and management is CHEAP - they don't want to fix it. We have filed a complaint against them with the Regie du logement.. I don't know what the equivalent of this organization would be in the States? Anyways, that is taking forever too.. Our lease is up end August, thank goodness, so we're looking for a new place.. we want to leave earlier, but landlord doesn't want to let us out of lease, he's REALLY mad at us because we filed with the Regie... but he is the one who has been ignoring our maintenance requests since OCTOBER.

Jeremy and I are at each others throats all the time it seems.. with the stress over the apartment, Laurent still in hospital (he has opened eyes though, good sign! now they're evaluating the possible brain damage he may have) and the stress that puts on all of us, especially brother in law.. we're looking to buy a car.. we're still in the midst of my immigration process.. and it's exam time.

Jeremy does not do well with change, so moving, plus the added stress of car shopping is almost enough to tip him over the edge. Of course, he takes it out on the nearest person... me.

I'm no better.. I am overly sensitive.. bipolar and off meds for 5 years now, though I'm not sure how much longer that will last.. I do not handle people screaming at me very well AT ALL.

I quit smoking cold turkey 3 years, 1 month, 3 weeks and 3.5 days ago -- I have not ONCE since then wanted a cigarette.. but all of this has me 2 seconds from starting up again, I swear.

Just very frustrated, at so many things.

No, I am definitely NOT OK.
KellyC

Postby Mike » May 29th, 2007, 11:50 pm

Kelly,
Sorry your food has taken so long to get there (its on its way though ;) ).

Hopefully prayers will help get things fixed, and ease some tensions.

It will all be worth it in the end. Try to stay positive, and rely on us here if need be. We are here for ya.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » May 30th, 2007, 12:25 am

((((((((hugs for Kelly))))))))))))

Here's the other harsh reality about this program: When you burn fat, you release stored estrogen!! It can make all those other symptoms, like sensitivity and irratibility, soooo much worse!

But hang in there! Come to the boards. I'm SURE "whining" has medicinal uses! Tap Mike and me (we can take lots of screaming, whining, crying, honest!). And afterwards, try to remember what the warm sun on your shoulders feels like on a breezy day with soft green grass under your feet.

We'll help make sure you don't run out like this again. Know that you're in our prayers daily.
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana

Postby Serendipity » May 30th, 2007, 3:38 am

Kelly :hug:

Hang in there. When your supps get there and you get back to it, you'll be in a better place.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 30th, 2007, 3:50 am

Kelly,
So sorry you are having such a hard time and there are so many things that seem to be out of control right now. You are definitely doing better than I would right now. The first time I read your post I thought it said you were bipolar and have been off your meds for 5 days not years. I have done both. And each has its good points and bad. But I think you will know when it's time to start again based on your experience. People who don't know that much about the meds might say just start them and if you change your mind stop taking them again. But that is like turning a pickle back into a cucumber. I am taking meds right now because it got bad enough for me to be hospitalized. I also smoke which you have been so good about not doing. I really admire your fortitude. I hope you housing issues are cleared up soon. I didn't know if you meant the building superintendent or the Housing Board. Either way I hope you get help soon.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Tawanda » May 30th, 2007, 6:06 am

Oh Kelly it sounds like life isn't at all kind right now.

Won't shake my momma finger your way this time...just sending you a :hug: instead.
Tawanda

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal