Kelly C

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby holberry » July 5th, 2007, 3:46 pm

Kelly,
yes indeed, there are benefits from lifting bebes, nice shaped arms.
Keep up on compliance, you can do this,
hol
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Tawanda » July 5th, 2007, 4:06 pm

Kelly, never watched GA although I know it is a favorite of my kids. I'll have to see if they bought the DVD sets so I can see what the fun is all about.

Good for you for sticking to program!!

Babysitting........isn't it wonderful and a workout! ;)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sojourner » July 5th, 2007, 4:22 pm

Okay, Kelly...I'll share George with you... ;)
At least a baby is more fun to lift than Biki's baked bean cans!!
Congrats on the 3 days!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby KellyC » July 8th, 2007, 12:46 pm

Finished Season 2 of GA last night... Jer got all annoyed at me watching the Season 2 finale last night.. I was screaming at the TV when she cut the wire.. and then I was crying like crazy over the dog.. and then the heart guy... apparently I get over-involved in the things I see on TV.

Everything with MF is ok.. I started again on Tuesday, July 3, and I have lost everything I gained back during my hiatus from MF, plus a few more pounds in those few days.. I'm only 4# off of the 30# club, so I'll be working towards that this week.

I"m finding it hard to get all of my water in.. I have a 1 litre bottle that I try and fill 3 times a day, but it's difficult. I'm also finding that last week, while it was my first compliant week since the end of May, it was really hard to get in all of my supplements. I'm not oversleeping anymore, so it's not like I dont' have the time, I"m just not hungry. Last time I was compliant, I would start getting tummy grumbles at 2.5 hours, so I knew it was time for a big glass of water and a supplement. This time, I've found that 4 or more hours have slipped by and I'm still not hungry. This week, I will set reminder alarms on my cell phone so that I eat within the 3 hours.

I didnt' lose as much as I wanted this week, but I have lost inches.
I've had to cinch the drawstrings in all of my pants and pajamas this week.. which is a wonderful feeling.. and then I went to dress this morning and put on a dark coloured bra since I was wearing a black dress.. I hadn't worn this bra in months.. It literally fell off me.. I put it to the tightest clasp, and it still was so loose that I couldn't feel it.

VERY happy about that, but not so happy about telling Jer that I have to go clothes shopping soon.. :shock:
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby MerryMary » July 8th, 2007, 1:20 pm

KellyC wrote:... I hadn't worn this bra in months.. It literally fell off me.. I put it to the tightest clasp, and it still was so loose that I couldn't feel it.
VERY happy about that, but not so happy about telling Jer that I have to go clothes shopping soon.. :shock:

I have a bra story to end all stories ... and may be just what Jer needs to hear to feel better about shopping. Here goes ...

I was trying to be frugal and mend some old bras that fit (replace underwires, etc.) and to make a long story short one of my cats swallowed my sewing needle when my back was turned. Ended up going to the vet and he had an emergency endoscopy ... Well, those 3 bras I mended? They ended up having a price tag of $300 each!!! :roflmao: But my Tabby cat is just fine :D

Go shopping, Kelly. You certainly have MY permission (not that you need it LOL)!
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby KellyC » July 8th, 2007, 6:04 pm

Oh Mary.. thank goodness your kitty was ok!!!!

I'll tell him the story.. it may even work, since one of our boys is just plain stupid.. he would not only swallow the needle, but an an entire spool of thread too!
KellyC

Postby holberry » July 8th, 2007, 7:02 pm

Hey Kelly,
Just wanted to let you know how great you are doing. You know that tho?!!! Big bras need to get dumped. :shock:
hol
holberry

Postby queenielou » July 8th, 2007, 7:12 pm

Hey Kelly,

Sounds like you're doing really well! My bras are not any looser than before, I don't think. I bought some new ones at the Victoria's Secret semi-annual sale recently so who knows how long until they're loose. I'm sure that must be a great feeling, of course balanced by the fact that you would like to actually have the bra fit. Hope you have another great week of weight loss and compliance :)

Oh, I bought the first season of GA for my dad because he really liked it but he never opened it and he didn't watch the second season. He's not very loyal to series, I guess, except for Wheel of Fortune. He watches that religiously.
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou

Postby Mike » July 12th, 2007, 11:45 am

Just checking in with ya Kelly. Hope all is well.
;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby KellyC » July 19th, 2007, 5:45 pm

Baby is teething his top 2, and has been feverish and stuck to me nonstop, so have had no time to do anything online.. and Jer and I went to Plattsburgh tuesday, back today, I had to take a drug test for a new job, and get my drivers license squared away.

I realized something while in Plattsburgh.. Americans are fatter than Canadians.. by a long shot. It seemed everywhere we looked, there were overweight or obese people. In Montreal, there are overweight people obviously, but they are the minority, by far. Obese people are a downright rarity. The huge majority are of healthy weight, or healthy weight + 5-10lbs.

I think being around so many fat people makes it somehow easier to be fat. Here, I am very uncomfortable, I am very aware that I am in a tiny minority. That is probably what tipped the scales (haha, pun intended) for me, and made me want to do this diet finally.

It was hard to stay on plan this week. I overdid L&G for sure, several times. Many days I did not get in all 5, and then overindulged on L&G. I have lost a few pounds though.

It's coming down to "crunch time" soon though.. my birthday is in 6 days.. and my goal is to be at 175lbs before the big 3-0.. that's ALOT of weight to lose in a year. I am hoping that actually turning 29.. a blink away from that dreaded thirty.. will be a big kick in the ass. Already I'm freaking out a bit, but when the birthday actually comes next week, I think it will be a threat-level red crisis. I figure, reaching my goal weight for my 30th, will make the day wonderful, instead of woeful.

Good news ("girl stuff" to follow, you've been warned).. since starting MF, I have lost 30ish pounds (not officially 30lbs yet, as I seem to keep gaining back to just 29 the past few days).. and it appears that just that 30 lbs was enough to make my TOM even out.. I've never been a to-the-day kinda girl.. if I even managed to have it in the proper week it was a rarity.. there would even be 3-4 months passing where I wouldn't have a TOM.. but I've TOM twice since 22 April when I started MF, they were not super heavy like its' been the past few years.. they were the normal 3-5 days instead of 12 days like it's been the past few years.. I'm very happy.. I thought it would take alot more than a 30lb loss to trigger normality!
KellyC

Postby Mickeyz » July 19th, 2007, 5:50 pm

Hi Kelly,

Good to hear from you. Happy birthday, a few days in advance! I think your goal for the next year is great. Sometimes it takes big goals to get big results!
Reached Goal Nov 2007 61.5 lbs lost
Gained 11 lbs in Mexico 3/08, decided to lose that along with another 5 lbs!
Mickeyz

Postby holberry » July 19th, 2007, 7:17 pm

Hi Kelly, glad you are posting :D
:birthday: in advance
hol
holberry

Postby Mike » July 20th, 2007, 1:21 am

Good to hear from ya Kelly. Congrats (early) on the b-day.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » July 20th, 2007, 3:33 am

Early Happy Birthday! Age 30 was a significant turning point for me too. I moved across the country from Dallas to DC by way of Charlottesville. I met the man who was to become my husband the same day my foot hit DC soil. So best of luck to you in succeeding in your plans.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby queenielou » August 5th, 2007, 4:43 pm

Hey Kelly,

Hope you had a great birthday and that you are doing well.

Take care.
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal