Kelly C

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Mike » August 5th, 2007, 5:32 pm

I think we are all just wondering where our Northern Exposure has gone? :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » August 22nd, 2007, 12:39 am

Hiya, Kelly!

just wandering through with a cyber hug and a hi

Hope all's well.
Di
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby queenielou » August 22nd, 2007, 3:53 pm

Hey Kelly,

I thought about you and saw that Di stopped by to say hello. I hope you're doing well. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby katesmom » August 23rd, 2007, 1:30 am

Hi Kelley
I'm new here and love this board ! Hope to meet you soon !
Have a great day !
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby KellyC » August 27th, 2007, 4:54 am

I'm pathetic, I have been on and off Medifast all summer.
I KNOW that it works, I've seen the results.. my sister in law whom I see almost every day, and my best friend who I see every week, sometimes twice a week both commented on how I've lost weight.. but yet I keep going off it.

My first excuse was that I ran out of food, and being in Canada, TSFL doesn't deliver here. Mike and Diana were so nice to have my order delivered to them and then they repackaged and sent it here, but I miscalculated the time it would take for shipping by almost 2 weeks.

Then, my summer has been just plain crazy. I am up at 5 am 4 days a week to care for Tristan. 5 days a week (which include those 4 I keep Tristan), I work from 1pm-6pm. So by the time I get home, I am exhausted, but still have to cook supper for me and Jer, clean the house, spend quality time with the cats (who are hugely depressed since I'm now gone 15 hours a day), take a shower and wind down to sleep. By the weekend, I am fried! It is all I can do to drag my butt out of bed before 11am on Friday, Sat and Sunday.

But, I find that on the days I'm super busy with Tristan + job, I stick to MF with no problems. I get all my water in plus more. In the evenings, I want to overeat, but usually it's just with vegetables. So, I eat my L&G, wait 30 mins and if I find I'm still really hungry, I'll have an extra 1/2 or 1 cup of vegetables. I'm sure this is bad, but since I have such long days, for now, I'm willing to take that chance.

Anyways, I got a new job, in the States actually, but which I can do from home via phone/internet (customer service). So, starting 18 September, I will have a very busy, but a STEADY schedule, which I'm so much looking forward to! I'll be working 730 to 1 at my job in Montreal, then heading home and working 2pm to 11pm for that customer service job in the States. I will be very busy, but I find I am happier when I am busy like that, I don't overeat and it's so much easier to stick to MF.

So anyways, that's what's up with me. I've been lurking through the summer, keeping up with people, but rarely posting myself, mostly because I'm so ashamed that I've not kept to the program.
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » August 27th, 2007, 6:10 am

It is so good to hear from you and congrats on the new job! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » August 27th, 2007, 6:55 am

KellyC wrote:So anyways, that's what's up with me. I've been lurking through the summer, keeping up with people, but rarely posting myself, mostly because I'm so ashamed that I've not kept to the program.

Kelly....even one day of staying on plan is a success. Celebrate the little things and don't sweat the big things. You have a lifetime to work on this and as long as you keep chipping away at it, you're heading in the right direction. Just showing up here again, is your next step back on the path.

The days you struggle are the exact reason why we're here. Don't ever feel ashamed or that you can't post here.
We're always here for you....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Tawanda » August 27th, 2007, 7:07 am

Kelly it is great to have you post! I've been wondering where you were and how you were doing.

Congratulations on the new job. It sounds like your life is very full!

One little thing I thought I'd mention, which may help you stick to doing the program, is that I have found I have much more stamina and energy as I've been losing the weight. You are incredibly busy and active right now......so maybe you'll see increased energy as the pounds continue to come off, which will make your busy life a little easier.......?

So good to 'see' you back!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda

Postby holberry » August 27th, 2007, 7:32 am

sheww! Im exhausted just reading your schedule girl!

T is so right on, more energy, more positive feelings as the weight comes off.

Take care of yourself and thank you for posting Kelly!
hugs,
hol
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » August 27th, 2007, 8:50 pm

Kelly,
You know you can do it, and perhaps the steady schedule will help. I know that I do better with a steady schedule myself. Here is to continuing on the path. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby nickieluv » August 28th, 2007, 3:58 am

Ditto on the schedule - I've been looking forward to school starting for a few weeks, now, knowing that it will be easier to stay on plan with normal days. You'll find what works.

Don't ever feel ashamed for not being on plan. I have learned the hard way, over and over again - but every time I have been welcomed and supported. Let us help you when you feel you need it - that's why we're here, both to recieve help and to give it.

I hope we hear from you more often from now on! At least, as your schedule allows a pop-in now and again.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby queenielou » August 28th, 2007, 8:24 am

Hey Kelly,

Glad that you checked in! You sound like you won't have much time to think about eating off program once your new job starts which is a great thing. Looking forward to hearing how the new structure of two jobs works out for you. Take care!
Start: 4/21/2007
queenielou

Postby KellyC » August 28th, 2007, 10:09 am

Thank you everyone, for the welcome back!

We are dealing with movers this week, for the past few nights we`ve been box packing like mad. The movers came this morning, and now i have a huge pile of boxes and stuff to sort and put away at the new place. I`m happy about it actually, I hated our old apartment.

At work now, which is my only moment in the day to relax in the air-conditioning.. I have to go in about an hour and help Jeremy unpack (poor guy took 1 of his weeks of vacation this week, and he`s having to spend it all moving stuff)..

I stumbled on this verse the other day, and it really really stuck with me.. it has proven so true in 2 ways for me, 1st is Jeremy and his family (I`ve written about them ad nauseum in this journal, I won`t go into it again), and the 2nd is the people here on these forums.

Anyways, the verse is very very simple, but it moved me so much!

Psalms 68:6a:
"God makes a home for the lonely.."

How beautiful and true that verse is. I am so blessed.
KellyC

Postby KellyC » September 1st, 2007, 4:03 pm

So, after the most absurd week ever, we finally moved everything to the new place. I still have mountains of boxes to unpack, but at least everything is here.

What an ANNOYING week it has been.
Poor Jeremy had one of his vacation weeks this week, and he has spent the entire time dealing with our move, plus helping out his best friend who is also moving this week.

We were supposed to move last weekend, but that turned out to be way too ambitious. We painted all day on Saturday, but Sunday we were too fried to do much of anything. Monday I worked all day and Jeremy packed boxes. Tuesday the movers came.

Sears was supposed to deliver our new bed on Monday, but called to reschedule for Tuesday. Then on Tuesday, they called again and said the bed was on backorder and they didn't know when it would be in stock. I was furious.. and made them cancel the order altogether. We went to Dormez-Vous and bought a bed there, a bit nicer than Sears, and saved $500! So in the end, it was a good thing that Sears screwed up.

So, the new bed was delivered yesterday, and we're happy. I've been unpacking everything and letting Jeremy play computer games all day today.. not much of a vacation for him, but at least he got to rest some.

For the diet.. I'm doing ok. I've managed to lose 11 lbs this week, but I'm sure it's just because we've been sweating so much from painting and moving things!
KellyC

Postby Mike » September 1st, 2007, 8:12 pm

KellyC wrote: I've managed to lose 11 lbs this week, but I'm sure it's just because we've been sweating so much from painting and moving things!

Hey, 11 lbs is 11 lbs. Excellent job. Fooey on Sears on top of that. We bought our bed at the futon shop... got a nice bed for a nice bed price, with a 30 year warranty, so its worth it.

Glad things are going well. Keep up the great work.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal