JennP

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Serendipity » July 13th, 2006, 7:53 am

Jenn.....honey. Don't sweat it! When I found myself getting discouraged with some slow weeks, I just did the math. Look at your total picture. You have lost alot of weight in a short time. Compute your average....it's really good! What other program could give you those results?

There were alot of weeks that I lost only a pound or none at all. Just keep with it and you will see results. I promise.

Take care and enjoy the camping. I was never a camper either, but I did like sitting around the camp fire at night.....singing, talking, watching the kids, etc.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Karli » July 13th, 2006, 8:06 am

Jenn, best wishes to you on your camping adventure. You are doing well by allowing yourself the space to take care of yourself. That is smart. You know, you have learned some important things in the past few weeks, and that can either serve you very well, or mean nothing. It depends on how you use the information and knowledge you have gained. And, I am sure you have it in you to use it wisely on your behalf (it's the same person in you whom commited to this program in the first place... but now she knows even more and has gained strength and experience).

If there needs to be an adjustment in your meals, so be it (that's not as personal and it may want to feel) ! That's part of what we are here learning as we go through the school of MF/TSFL :mrgreen:. And, at least you have the safety of the program... you are not just out there floating by yourself.

Plus, I would want to hang out with you if I came into contact with you :mrgreen:. Probably we would even smile a little.

You are pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone a little by going camping and being willing to be around other people and other food. It is quite understandable that you feel apprehensive. But, that doesn't need to govern you the whole time. You are putting yourself in a situation that you will be learning even more from, and that can't help but benefit you in the long run. You are in control of yourself and can trust yourself when you need that.

Stay with it :). And remember to check in here when you can and as you need to.

Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Prancer » July 13th, 2006, 9:04 am

Thank you Jo and Karli. I really appreciate you all supporting, helping and guiding me. The friendship here means so much to me.

I have such a fear of failing on MF. I look at how successful you all have been and tell my self this has to work. Seriously there are how many people here who have lost 100 pounds or even 30 or 50. They are normal every day kind of people and it worked for them so if I continue to stick to it then it has to work for me. I cant possibly be the one person in the entire world that MF doesnt work for...I'm a freak but geesh not that much. I wish I had taken measurements on day one or even pictures so I could compare and see if maybe I am losing that way.

At least I'm losing my mind, thats something.

Off to go sweat in the woods and get bit by bugs. As Jo said the camp fire is worth the suffering of the rest.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Janae » July 13th, 2006, 12:04 pm

Jenn...

I wrote a response to your post and somehow lost it before it was entered! Guess my day isn't going exactly smooth, either.

I just wanted you to know that I am in your corner...encouraging you to keep on and stay strong! I had written, as both Jo and Karli did about what seems to be a very common plateau around four weeks...give or take. You may be experiencing that. I have not been on program that long...so do not have personal experience yet.

Here's how I hope to handle any plateau or slow in weight loss... I plan to just assume my body is storing up for a big loss to come! My second week was actually a very small loss (1.4, I think) and then the third week, I lost 12 pounds! So...just assume that a very happy surprise is on the way! (I guess I am an eternal optimist!) But...it keeps me moving forward to think that way.

Now...I, too am a non-camper and you are to be commended for your love for your family that motivates you to go...even though you don't like it! I agree...bug bites, sweat, dirt and various animals and critters are really not my thing. But, I am praying you will have a good time despite all of that! That you will enjoy your family/friends and will perhaps just receive some joy from their enjoyment of it.

I also wanted to tell you that I read your journal and always enjoy your posts. Thanks for all your stats (the numbers) and the acronyms. Your journey matters to me and I will continue watching and standing by!

Meanwhile...keep the Off handy and keep smilin'...cause it will get better!
Janae

Postby Prancer » July 14th, 2006, 5:02 am

Great. I just typed a huge entry and the computer refreshed and I lost it.

Bottom line:

gained another pound tho 100% compliant

Hate camping, its gross.

Changing my routine based on input from all the more experienced people here.

Oh and I hate camping, did I say that yet?

Now that was short and well not so sweet.
Prancer

Postby SharonR » July 14th, 2006, 9:03 am

LOL Jenn, sorry to laugh at your frustrating and anger!

I feel ya girl!

I have desided that I love when people are honest here! I love that we can vent our feelings and it's a safe place to fall! I am having a horrible day well...wanna wallow together? lol
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » July 15th, 2006, 7:16 pm

Sorry about the camping and the bugs...

I KNOW that scale will start behaving soon...I know it!

I love your posts, I LOVE your numbers and I love your graphics! I know you'll get through this, I know it!

Yell if you need us, we're here!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Prancer » July 15th, 2006, 7:40 pm

LOL Jenn, sorry to laugh at your frustrating and anger!

Thats ok Sharon. You would be laughing even more if you saw me when I was out there. Sitting with my bug spray and clorox wipes.

I KNOW that scale will start behaving soon...I know it!

I love your posts, I LOVE your numbers and I love your graphics! I know you'll get through this, I know it!

Yell if you need us, we're here!

DeDe

You dont even know how much that means to me DeDe.

Today was down to where I was two days ago yet still up a pound from the last Weigh In.

SO...Camping is 90% over. I am home to sleep. I brought my daughter home. She has had enough too. She was crying at bed time, just sick of the whole thing. She wanted a hot shower and her bed. We will go back tomorrow to pick up DH and the boys.

As far as the plan goes:

I managed to stay completely compliant all weekend. Tonight as I was giving my kids a handful of doritos each I was really feeling the urge to dive in to that bag. I didnt. After dinnner we were around the fire and The other 8 people were eating roasted marshmallows, cookies, cheese crackers and chips. I drank my water and did some MM roasting for DH. No cheating.

I followed the ideas from some of the wonderful people here. We had grilled chicken for dinner. I brought zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms and green beans to go with it. My friends husband sliced the zuc and squash then proceded to add 1/2 a stick of butter to it and garlic. LOL so I didnt eat those. I put my mushrooms in a foil pack added some garlic and molly mcbutter and roasted them. FANTASTIC! I also ate a cup of raw green beans. Such a good dinner.

I really want to thank you all for your support and ideas to help me thru this. I am so proud that I didnt dive into the 33 gallon tote of snack food at camp (seriously that is what was there. 33 gallon rubber maid tote of snacks). I dont think I could have done it if I hadnt been checking in here hearing from all of you that this plateau/gain is only temporary.

So thank you all!
Prancer

Postby Prancer » July 15th, 2006, 7:41 pm

Oh and just for the turkey man:

When your 5yr old approaches you on the 3rd day of camping holding a water bottle with something brown in it and asks if he can have a pet. JUST SAY NO.
Prancer

Postby Mike » July 15th, 2006, 11:09 pm

JennP wrote:When your 5yr old approaches you on the 3rd day of camping holding a water bottle with something brown in it and asks if he can have a pet. JUST SAY NO.

Okay, I'm not even gonna ask because I can just picture it. :roflmao:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Prancer » July 16th, 2006, 6:19 am

mrmmac wrote:Okay, I'm not even gonna ask because I can just picture it. :roflmao:

With a few tears I was able to convince him that things that live in the forest need to stay in the forest. That came with the promise to get him a pet when he got older. He asked for a live fish when he turns 8 so I told him yes a live fish when he was 8 and if he was good I would get him a dead one when he was 9. Crossing fingers that he forgets before he turns 8.

My week ended with a gain of 1 pound. I am getting very upset and want to chuck it all for today. I know I know I know so much I know that I cant do that. I cant give up and back track. The old me really wants to. I am thining pizza and chips not shake and soup.
Prancer

Postby Karli » July 16th, 2006, 7:36 am

Stay with it Jenn. Have you been getting in a little exercise each day ? I hit two platueas this week, one for two days and one for three (days that I hadn't exercised at all). But, I got off each one from having taken a small walk the day before. Also, have you tried going 6/0 for a day or two ? If you are really interested in the scale moving, those things might be of help to you. No matter what though, just hang in there because you are really doing great !

Karli
Karli

Postby Prancer » July 16th, 2006, 8:11 am

Karli thanks for helping me out and giving me pointers. Congrats on your loss this week.

I did get exercise this weekend because we were camping and I had to hike thru the woods just to pee. Just for reference...120oz of water a day and having to hike to pee...NOT FUN. The day before I gained the 2 pounds I had walked quite a bit. I havent been swimming in a couple days just because we werent home. We have a pool but I dont like to swim in lakes/ponds...things with dirt bottoms.

I have never done 6&0 that scares me.
Prancer

Postby Prancer » July 16th, 2006, 4:11 pm

Well I did it, I cheated. First time in 4 weeks. The combination of the depression from gaining on top of watching people pig out all weekend did me in. Dh and I talked about it and he said I obviously needed to get it out of my system. I have been compliant all day long but for my L&G I fell off the wagon. The up side to it is that I feel gross now. I forgot how awful it is to feel full like this. We got take out and I had a chicken ceasar salad wrap and ff. I couldnt finish the wrap, I ate all the chicken, picked out the croutons and left 1/2 of the wrap there. I didnt even eat 1/4 of the ff. I gave them to my kids, there were plenty for all 3 of them. It could have been worse I guess but now I am very anxious to get back on plan tomorrow. I proved to myself that it isnt worth it. I have been feeling so good on MF..so much energy, sleeping better....just better in so many ways.

Now I want today to be over so I can start tomorrow on track.
Prancer

Postby Karli » July 16th, 2006, 4:54 pm

Well, your post is very much appreciated. I can imagine how you feel and appreciate your honesty because for some reason today has been hard for me (kinda out of nowhere).

I do remember what you mean by feeling that full, and though sometimes I have felt full after my L/G, it's nothing like the kind I used to feel before starting MF.

I have always figured that it's better to be uncomfortable with things we do "wrongly" than it is to be just fine or in denial about it. So, if you feel like it wasn't worth it, that will serve you well.

Best Wishes on your new day tomorrow,
Karli
Karli

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal